Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Doomed or not?

Good morning ladies. I have a question for all of you. I have 4 children and stretch marks and the excess skin to prove it (not extreme, but it's there). I am on my weight loss journey and seem to be tightening up everywhere but my stomach.

So my question is: Will it eventually go back to "normal" or am I doomed to have a tummy tuck? Just wondering if anyone has experienced either one.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #2  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Hi LT!

As far as I understand it- everyone is different. And you wont know which one you are until you get there

It's been a major sticking point with me as well. In the past, it's actually kept me from loosing weight. It's like.. well if I'm going to have a wall of skin hanging from me, what's the point. But now, I realize that if it happens, it happens- and it can be removed!

But, as an example for you: My father was probably well over 400 lbs, in fact, I have no idea how much he ever weighed, I just knew it was somewhere over 300. And at 6'3" and a former football player- he carried it extremely well.

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, after the surgery to remove half his stomach (stomach cancer) and then the chemo, and all the different treatments (it was at the esophageal junction- and esophageal cancer does not have a good survival rate.. so he was on chemo and radiation until maybe 2 months before he died), he had gotten down to 180 pounds.

He looked like a 70 year old man, but there was no hanging skin on him. (Ok, maybe is tush was a little saggy ) So, have hope that maybe you;ll be lucky, and there will be no tummy tucks for you!

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Thanks for the response. I understand everyone will be a little different....I was just wondering what other people had experienced.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote