Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/197.5/160-ish...

Height: 5'5"

Default I need to squeeze in here...

I need to squeeze in because I don't know to which existing post I have something to offer and I don't know where I fit in within this community.

I've been a lurker for a while...then I registered and continued to lurk...Now I'm finally going to post something...anything - I just need some accountability I think. I eat in secret, and now I'm trying to change the way I eat in secret because I don't want the pressure from the people in my life in the event that I fail, which in itself seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Perhaps here I'll be able to reveal the truth to myself about my overeating, and find some support and accountability.

Let's roll.
PlainJaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Glad to meet you! You'll get a lot of support here.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #3  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJaine View Post
I need to squeeze in because I don't know to which existing post I have something to offer and I don't know where I fit in within this community.

I've been a lurker for a while...then I registered and continued to lurk...Now I'm finally going to post something...anything - I just need some accountability I think. I eat in secret, and now I'm trying to change the way I eat in secret because I don't want the pressure from the people in my life in the event that I fail, which in itself seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Perhaps here I'll be able to reveal the truth to myself about my overeating, and find some support and accountability.

Let's roll.
to the groups!

We're happy to help you with accountability! Let us know what you would like us to do. Do you want us to send Drill Sergeant Smiley Face to see you every morning? Ask for your daily workout ? Or just help you structure an eating and exercise programme?

Don't know if you've checked out the Chicks in Control group, but there are some great people over there who have overcome bingeing and secret-eating and are happy to share their successes and ways they've overcome it.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Jump in anywhere you want too.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Jaine!!!!!

Jump in anywhere!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Lurking is good, but posting is even better. I love meeting new people here!! You'd be surprised how many of our journeys are similar.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #7  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Yep, what eliana said. Lots of us post when we don't have anything useful to say, so don't worry about it. If we did, we'd have more stress and less supportive, friendly community.

Welcome!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote