Old 02-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachwms View Post
Jenn, I want to try a stability ball, do you like it? And happy you day!
I can't live without my stabilty ball! I got the Golds Gym one from Wal-Mart and it came with a wall poster of different exercises you can do with it for the whole body. I actually do my 100 crunches on there while watching TV, I'll sit on it, roll down so my upper back is being supported on it and do chest presses and Flies on it.

So many things you can do!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #122  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHealthRN29 View Post
Hi all,
I was wondering if I could join. I am new to this site and really need to lose some (lots) of weight. You are all so motivating and inspiring....I think it is just what I need. Also, where do you get the goal scale?
Howdy and to the group!!

Yes, these ladies are pretty darn motivating, so if you need someone to kick your butt into action, there will be plenty of takers! LOL.

You get the goal scale at the bottom after you've been a member for 20 days and post a certain number of times (20, I think).

Just got back from the gym and hope to all the gods I can think of that I won't screw this up today. I made cookies for DH's shift crew today as a treat and I managed to eat only 1 baked one!... and quite a few unbaked ones (I'd rather eat cookie dough than cookies). Overall, I gained 1/2 pound this week from being away and eating terribly when I got back. However, from the beginning of the month, I'm still down. I've got to call that a small victory! It'll be better this week.

I'm feeling lazy today, but I still need to get some clothes folded and washed, as well as bleach the bathroom tiles. There's got to be an easier way of keeping the tiles dry so mould doesn't grow on them. DH doesn't pick up the bathmat when he's finished showering and since the shower is a wet-area (not a shower over tub like most people have), the water goes everywhere. He doesn't clean that up either. I do because I can't stand having wet feet when I go into the bathroom. And of course, the computer room needs a serious clean up... it's filthy.

I'd rather have a nap.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #123  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Got some extra time so thought I'd check in.

Hey Mollz - did I ever tell you I love your name? Molly is my daughter's name - of course we spelled it incorrectly My DH eats all the cookie dough when I'm not looking if I don't hide it. I love cookie dough too, but I won't let the kiddos have it (pesky salmonella risk), so I have to hide if I'm going to eat it. Eating forbidden cookie dough while hiding in the pantry is my favorite pasttime - I've temporarily given up baking cookies for that reason.

HomeHealthRN29! The ladies here are great!

rachwms Thanks for the congrats! I've discovered that I now have more incentive to get out of plus sizes before fall though. I could not find a size 16 short anywhere - so I had to try on the regular length ones - made me look like a hobbit! But a svelte hobbit of course

orthodiva I was at the grocery store yesterday too, and found a heart-shaped cake someone had stuffed in with the eggs. Not a Wegman's though so probably not your doing.

This may be getting kinda long so I'll just finish by saying....

Woohoo to be on a board where people know who Def Leopard is! My kids roll their eyes when I sing along.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
I can't live without my stabilty ball! I got the Golds Gym one from Wal-Mart and it came with a wall poster of different exercises you can do with it for the whole body. I actually do my 100 crunches on there while watching TV, I'll sit on it, roll down so my upper back is being supported on it and do chest presses and Flies on it.

So many things you can do!
Hmmmmmm...might have to take quick to Wal-Mart next paycheck.
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Ahh...another Monday. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I was a good girl, and only had one piece of chocolate yesterday:-) Still haven't weighed myself since the last "scale" incident-LOL! I purchased the Biggest Loser for the Wii and I'm planning on weighing in on it tonight for the first time. I told myself I woudn't watch that show, but I am hooked. It is so amazing how hard those people work...it really inspires me. I'm hoping I can get on a roll...my dress will be here in 6 weeks for my cousins wedding, and I purposely ordered it two sizes smaller ...I love a good challenge :-) Hope you all have a great day!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #126  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Okay, I weighed myself this morning & I was so upset. I've been a little constipated this weekend & I am thinking (or hoping) that my weight gain is due to that. I'm using the GWF to keep track of calories in & out and I've had a deficit every day (sometimes just 175 calories but mostly 1000 calories) so I should have had a drop of 1.25 lbs this week...but the scale says I'm back up to 230. Could it very well be that my weight is up because I haven't been able to poop?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #127  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJubilee View Post
Could it very well be that my weight is up because I haven't been able to poop?
Happens to me all the time. I require TONS of dietary fiber and water to keep things moving at all, and at least once a week I take a supplement like Metamucil.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #128  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

I think it's odd that I get like this. I've had my gallbladder removed (when I was 20) and I drink plenty of water. I don't eat cheese very often & when I do it is very little.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #129  
Less than 15 now!!

Oh happy day. My 7yo just spilled hot chocolate all over a blanket on the floor and then picked up the blanket and shook it...chocolate spots all over the place. I barked at her and now she's in her room BAWLING. And, it's 1:30 and the babies are still not sleeping. Neither one had a nap this morning so they both NEED to stop fussing and go to sleep.

I was *disappointed* with my weigh in today. Down .8 of a pound. Grr... I'm SO close to the 180's I can smell the happy... I have a plan to get things moving a little better. I am DONE with the slow path.

Yesterday our family went out to eat after church at Golden Corral. It was a huge treat for our family, and the kids were very excited. DH and I were pretty careful with what we ate. I had steamed veggies and a nice big salad with dressing on the side. I did have one onion ring, and a little brownie with some ice cream on top...but the baby helped me eat it!

Well, 1:45 - one more "okay, sweetie lay down" and a diaper change later - and the kids are sleeping. Time to work on Science with the big kids. Attempting to explain nuclear power to my 6th grader...
Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Today my husband calls me in from the kitchen and says you gotta see this. He shows me a commercial with some guys sitting at a table ordering, the one brags about his 550 calorie meal and the other guys laugh. Then they cam out and my husband pauses it and says "DO you see it!?" oh man.. every guy had giant beers in front of them! I go "Is that Applebees?" ahah yah I think it was.

I'd be more impressed if they were all shown drinking water with lemon.

Today I tried white beans on a mixed green salad, it was good. I think next time I'll cut back on the lemon juice, it was a little bit jaw clenching to eat.
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #131  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!

Snow AGAIN so no school again. Yesterday and today cost us to add to days on the end of the school year.

No exercise Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I only saw a 1 lb loss this week. I expected more since I didn't lose any last week. Oh, well, a loss is a loss!

Had a good meeting at WW yesterday about eating out, then went to OCharleys for supper. I was so tempted to eat the fried chicken tenders but stuck with salad with grilled chicken, and I didnt know but they had light honey mustard dressing. It was huge and I could eat it all so DH finished it. I did eat 1 roll but normally I would have eaten 2 or 3 so victory for me over the rolls!

The hubster got me a nice pot of pink roses for V day and the Biggest Loser Wii game. Haven't tried it yet but I have heard rave reviews and look forward to trying it tonight.

MP good job at Golden Corral. I still avoid buffets. I have not done well with them in the past. I can eat with the better of them and come out there with 4 plates under my belt.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

I'm officially new here since I signed up in June, then never came back. I had to comment on that commercial with the 550 cal meals. Those guys were all so trim they probably count calories more than we do. It would have made sense to have 3 fat guys and a thin one getting the lower calorie meal. What a hoot! It does make me feel fat when I see a guy eating less than I could, though. Oh well, that's no longer the case now that I'm watching myself and trying to stop when I'm full!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #133  
Less than 15 now!!

ThinkThin: Back!!

Squeak - snowed in again?! Yikes, they added time to our students the last two weeks - like 10min in the morning and 20min in the afternoon. Made everyone crazy.

Tuesday today and DH is home. Starting in March he will have Wednesdays off - whoodedoo. I wish his days off were together, but at least he has a job. That's a blessing in itself!

One of my daycare kids hasn't shown up or called today. They are normally so consistent, I'm a little concerned. I sent her an email, hope she read her policy handbook to know that I charge for no-call, no-shows.

My 7yo dd and I are getting hair cuts today. I am growing mine out til I get to goal, but it needs a trim. I had waist length hair for years until our 3rd child was born 2.5 years ago and I cut it WAY short. It's getting shoulder length again, so I thought it would be fun to grow it out again til goal. Might give me that last 3-5lb loss.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #134  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone!

I'm back on the proverbial bandwagon, and am going to walk at lunch today even though it's supposed to be "cold"...this is AL afterall.

We have another spirit night tonight for the school...this one at Salsarita's. I have to check their online menu in a bit to remember what I can order and be OK with my calories. (At least it's not at 5 guys again this month....
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #135  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Default Did I really need to be slapped back down to earth?

First of all - I love my ob/gyn. She is terrific, has helped me through infertility, and 3 pregnancies, and is just all-around supportive. So I went into my yearly so excited to be at a lower weight than my last appointment. She was happy for me too, but I don't think she completely understood that I'm fairly grounded about the weight loss. This isn't easy and I told her I was doing all this through diet change and exercise, but she then went out of her way to tell me that my rate of weight loss won't continue, and that not only will I stop losing the 1-2 pounds a week, but I'll be lucky to lose 1 pound in a month. I already knew that, but I really didn't want to hear it from someone in authority - I was hoping maybe I was wrong, but of course if she says my weight loss will slow down, then I know it's right Not sure if that made any sense. She's redoing my blood work to see if I need increase my Metformin dose (I have PCOS) and to see if I need a Vitamin D supplement.

It was really a good appointment since it was the first where I haven't felt self-conscious and vaguely ashamed, and I'm still sticking with it even though my scale hates me today

Oh, and at the end of the appointment, she left the room without pulling the little step thing out, and left me stranded (pretty much naked) on the table. I had to jump for it considering that I am vertically challenged. Let's just say my chestal region made a humiliating noise At least nobody was there to hear it.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote