Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

Melo - AWESOME!!!!!

meowy - I did not know about the lupus. Sounds awful. It also sounds like you are a strong gal. Hope things get better soon.

AFM - I ate okay and went to the gym for the most part this week. I made real actual goals. I am pretty happy this week.
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #152  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Evening ladies and gents!

Looks like school is starting up again and I'm on the front line for relief teaching. YAY! Money coming in again! Ended up hauling myself out of bed at 7:45, got a phone call at 7:50 asking me to come in an hour early for another Phys Ed class; 2 phys ed classes, periods one and two. Cool. Can do!

I got another call at 8:00 from another school to ask me to come in for the last 3 periods. Cool. Can do! Got a full day!

Problem: second period in one school is over at 10:55. Third period at the other is 11:30 and I need to get home (11:05am), get changed (11:10) and drive about 20km to get there. I made it with 5 minutes to spare (11:25). And what do they have me teaching?! MATHS! Yuck. I managed it okay, I'm not a maths person, though I can do algebra and long division/multiplication for the year 9s and 10s.

Problem 2: lunch. I didn't get a morning tea break and didn't get a chance to find something for lunch (in a huge hurry this morning; up at 8am, school by 8:45). By 1:30, I'm starving. I hauled butt to the local grocery and picked up a protein bar, 2 mandarins and a Diet Coke... I didn't see the bottled water in the cooler until I was nearly out the door. I thought they were good choices for someone who was starving and ready to pick up the nearest chocolate bar. No, I held back from the candy aisle and managed only 50 calories over my limit today.

No gym today, so I'll finish my week's workout/strength training tomorrow.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 AM   #153  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from the gym and I wanted to jump in here real quick. I am SO PROUD of myself I could scream. I did my c25k w7/d2 which is 25 minute run, then lifted weights for 40 minutes including one legged press with 130#s, arm curls with 20#s, and bench pressing 85#s, then I did the elliptical for 25 minutes. How'd I get here? I feel like..dare I say it? An athelete. CRAZY! I had to share because you all would understand. Super happy face --->
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #154  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
I just got back from the gym and I wanted to jump in here real quick. I am SO PROUD of myself I could scream. I did my c25k w7/d2 which is 25 minute run, then lifted weights for 40 minutes including one legged press with 130#s, arm curls with 20#s, and bench pressing 85#s, then I did the elliptical for 25 minutes. How'd I get here? I feel like..dare I say it? An athelete. CRAZY! I had to share because you all would understand. Super happy face --->
Awesome! You can definitely call yourself an athelete...congrats!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #155  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
Great job Mel!! You deserve a
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Awesome job Melo! I look forward to the day when I can think of myself as an athlete. Right now I just feel like a failure. I can't seem to but the 2lb gain behind me.

No workout for me tonight as I need to spend some time on the job boards, so I'm taking 2 days of rest this week. Back at the workouts tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to just maintain this week. I'm having a **** of a week. I don't get PMS, I have PMDD, I'm a walkin Yaz commerical (cravings, anger and depression like you wouldn't believe) I just try to get thru it with minimal damage. So who knows what the scale will do.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

I am finding I have to force myself to eat. I have no appetite. I can't get excited about cooking, microwaving a can of anything, tossing spinach in a bowl and putting some dressing on top. It's not like I am only wanting junky food and just haven't got any around to eat, it's that I just don't care to eat and I know that's just going to make me feel worse if I don't eat.

I drank some tea, took a hot bath, tried to exercise but I just can't give enough care to keep proper form so I quit so I don't get hurt. I just don't care about much of anything the last couple of days. Everything lately is too overwhelming and maybe it is more than I can handle, and no matter how much I pray I can't seem to get the solid block of worry and fear to ease up. I feel so guilty that I'm all stressed out over this and not even giving a crap about doing dishes or anything useful. I don't even feel like playing video games or doing crafts. I just... don't care.

I just know this lack of eating much is going to jack my weight loss up. When I do eat, it is all healthy. Grains, fruits, nuts, vegetables, I've switched to soy milk and am not having the problems I was when I was using skim milk.
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #158  

Jenn: Today is a new day! Put the past behind. My Dad always says, "You only fail when you stop trying." You are so NOT a failure. Hang in there!

Meowy: Hang in there, too! Sometimes you just have to make yourself do what you need to do until your mind and emotions catch up with the plan. (Easier said than done, I know...) You can do it!

Last edited by AFChick; 02-19-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #159  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Mollz - glad you are getting some relief positions. Nuttin' worse than nuttin' to do.

MelO - awesome! You are just kicking some butt this year - I'm inspired!!

Jenn - girl, get over it. You have come a long way. You will NOT regain all of your weight overnight. Stress will only make you retain water - so stop it!

Meowy - You sound like you a very sensitive soul. My sister is like that - sweetest, kindest person I know. Things REALLY get to her. She can't separate herself from sad news stories or the troubles of friends.

Well, I hurt my back getting the baby out of the crib on Tuesday. I think I need another injection in my back. Just can't seem to get over this strain this time. On a good note, we received our income tax return. I put 99% of it on our credit card. We told the kids that we would all go out to eat at a proper restaurant with some of the money. They are very excited - and so are we! We promised them that we could all get appetizers, sodas, and dessert if they wish. I plan to order what I want, but only eat half.

Friday - grocery night. We got another inch of snow to add to the 18 we've had already. We still have snow from CHRISTMAS time hanging around. SO SICK of WINTER. I'm letting the kids watch TV today because this house if totally feeling like a prison today.

The scale is taunting me this week. The trend is down...I normally weigh every day but decided to actually keep track this week - 190.4, 189, 190, 189.6, 189...I just want to move into that next set of numbers - GAH! So long as I am down by Monday, that's all that matters.

Any plans for the weekend, chicks?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #160  

I just signed my 2 DS's up for karate, so we are going to watch a belt test to see what they are in for. (Instructor recommended that they watch one.) That is Saturday morning. Don't really have too many plans. I have to finish a quilt for a silent auction fundraiser at the school...
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Good job on putting the tax return on the credit card!!! Ours is going to fixing up the car. I really don't want to do another car payment so we are going to have to throw down some cash to keep the other one running like a champ.

I have been fighting this bronchitis/asthma sickness for the past 1 1/2 months and I am finally at a breaking point. I have been on two antibiotics and I am now on a breathing maching thing. The only thing that kicks my cough is Advil. Go figure. Anyway, I haven't been running and I gained 10 lbs. This sucks.

The good news is that my 2 year old is potty training. Yay for her!!!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

MortonPixie and AFChick-Ma'am Yes Ma'am! *salutes crisply*

I actually am feeling better today. I can get that down during the PMDD, but you are both correct, today is a new day and I am actually looking forward to tonights workout. NMTZ and Weightloss Yoga! I actually feel my energy returning too.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #163  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I haven't been around much - my scale is evil, and I've been a little down. My mind knows that there is no way I gained 3 pounds overnight, but it still stinks! I'm gulping water today and hoping to just push through.

On a side note - how many calories do you suppose are burned by chasing four coyotes away from my dogs? We are having horrible problems with coyotes hunting near our house - there used to be only 2, but lately four have been hunting together and our one large dog is too stupid and friendly and really no match for 4 coyotes if they want to catch our 13-pound dog.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #164  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday, chicks! (Saturday for you Mollz )

I read through most of the posts I missed, but will jump back in going forward rather than trying to keep up with all of it.

I did notice we have a newbie, though! YAY!! So glad to have you here!

MelO - YAY for you!! You didn't tell me that before! WOOHOO! I have an awesome partner!!

Pixie - I hope your back feels better!

Well, my Valentine's Day plans included a plane ticket and palm trees! Check out my new avatar from our balcony in St. Pete Beach, FL with DH only! Woohoo! It was great. The temps weren't what I wanted, but MUCH better than the FEET of snow here in OH. I used calorie counting (estimating) rather than my usual whole foods rules in FL. We ate egg whites and fruit for breakfast and made sandwiches for lunch with more fruit. Then, at dinner we ate out. I tried to order things that weren't too bad, but mostly just went with portion control. I brought my stuff for the gym that was in our condo complex, but was MAJORLY bummed. The "fitness center" was an old treadmill, a bike that wouldn't adjust for a short person and a set of 10lb dumbbells. Seriously?? I just walked a lot up and down the beach with my sweatshirt on and scarf around my ears. I tried to walk what I estimated to be about 2 miles/day. It flared up my plantar fascitis pretty badly, but thankfully I think the sublaxed peroneal tendon issues are behind me because even with all that, it didn't hurt!! YAY! (My usual cardio is riding my stationary bike.) When I got home, I weighed and it was no loss/no gain. I'll take it, I guess. I was really hoping for a loss, but that just gives me this weekend to kick it in gear for our Monday weigh-in.

Our grocery stores here in OH sell peaches and nectarines, but I swear they are NOT the same thing as the grocery store fruit in FL. (That reminds me, I think I know where the extra calories were I forgot to count - BEER!) The limes were heaven and went so well with the Landshark Lager...but back to booze free until next FL trip. Anyway, I am just amazed at the difference in our produce. So not fair!!

Enough of my novel - just glad to be back with you chicks! Let's have a weekend full of workouts for our weigh-in!!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #165  

Height: 5'6"

Blah...

Not feeling well today at all. No specific complaints just BLAHHH....
Have a "date" night with my mom. Dad is driving her crazy so I am trying to get her out of the house. We are going to see Shutter Island and then go eat. She also wants to go by Hobby Lobby and I need to run into walmart. The last part mades me shudder because it's always so crowded on Friday night. ughh... dreading it.

mollz, glad your getting to work. You can fill in for me ANY ole` time you want!

MP- 189, shrinking..shrinking..shrinking.. lol You will see it I am sure of it.

Jenn- Do you need a butt kicking? You are amazing so don't ever let me hear tell of you saying you feel like a failure again.

Meowy- No words just

kuchick- my scale said 3 lbs up today too! EVIL I know my problem though, sodium. I had WAY too much this week. My mouth feels parched and my lips have been so dry. I've been downing the water today too.
HATE coyotes... where I used to live you couldn't have any animals because they killed them. I had quite a few kittens get killed from coyotes.

riley- hope you feel better soon. Antibiotics ( & steriods) always make me gain weight. Yuck... Just do the best you can until you are well.

Mel- you are an offical exercise Goddess! WTG!

One last note- always preplan, it has saved me many times. We are going to eat at Ruby Tuesday's tonight. A friend suggested the Bison Cheeseburger and said it was low cal low fat... Uhh... nope, according to the website it has 1182 calories and 78 grams of fat!! Yikes.. That isn't the worst burger either. If I hadn't preplanned I might have gotten that thinking it was low cal. Even the turkey burger has almost 70 grams of fat in it. Yucko..
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote