Old 03-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #16  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hang in there and be patient ~ it's just water weight and it will go away. I retain water during PMS and during TOM, so I'm always hit with a double-whammy during the month. Just stick with what you are doing!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/197.6/145ish

Height: 5'5"

I restarted my ww plan the same day T.O.M started LOL The scale been all over the place.. up down..standing still.. Today it was almost 3 pounds down..I hope it stays that way tomorrow is my weigh in day.
sundancemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #18  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I have been keeping track of my body's habits thru a phone app and have noticed over the past 3 months, I have intense food cravings a few days before my friend from the West comes in town. Even foods that I normally don't eat or particularly care for are at the top of my list--like chocolate!
(I know, I'm weird not to like chocolate)

Before these couple of days are over, I feel like I have to restart for the binge.
What is the best way you all have found to control the cravings and stay on track during this time?
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

Just recently I was doing some google searches on this topic and I found that it is very common for women to get a BIG increase in appetite before their period. Personally, during the four or so days before my period I feel like I am starving. No meal is big enough. I'm constantly hungry for more....of anything. I don't crave anything in particular, just anything that my system recognizes as food. Since joining this site, I've learned to tolerate hunger pangs and not freak out and eat the first thing I can grab the moment I get hungry. I learned to control my food choices even when my stomach was rumbling. During the four or so days before my period, I recognize that I'm just going to have to deal with some extra hunger pangs for a few days. I thought of raising my daily calorie budget during this time, but it's worthless since I'll be hungry no matter how much I eat so I might as well stick to my regular 1300 to 1400 daily limit and deal with this hungry monster. Knowing that the urge to consume anything in sight is hormonal and not some kind of personal failing is comforting and helps me get through it without added guilt. I confess that I did have one day where I ate 1450 calories (not exactly a huge binge, but beyond my budget nevertheless), but I didn't realize it was the first day of PMS and so I didn't manage my food like I usually do. I'm going to track my period better so that next month I'll know when to expect the hungry beast to show up at my door.
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #20  

yep intense need to eat a few days before, and if I don't and stick to moderation, I get really angry for no particular reason.
Damn hormones have a lot to answer for.
As with weight I am happy for the scales to show no gain, let alone a loss, as I can gain a lot due to bloating (when I used to track my weight daily, I could show a 6 -11 pound gain on the first day of TOM)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #21  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i start eating junk food like its going to go out of style right before it comes. this week i've been addicted to ice cream sandwiches. i had been doing smooothies and ran outta yogurt and then dad brought home a huge box of ice cream sandwiches...not loving how i feel right now
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote