Old 07-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #16  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

morning everyone and Happy Birthday Lauren!!! Hope your day is a great one (and you stay cool - yikes that sounds hot!)

I feel blah today...it's just kinda overcast outside and I don't want to exercise, plus I've had TOM for 2 WEEKS!!! I did some research online and it says this happens sometimes when you go off the depo shot, sometimes it can take your body 6 month to get back on track. WTH!!! After doing more research I am very anti-depo. probably should have done the research BEFORE getting the shot if this keeps going for another week I'm off to the dr. apparently sometimes taking the pill will sometimes get your body back in it's natural rhythm. I think all this definitely contributes to my crappy attitude right now.

BUT, I plan on having a fabulous day! I am thinking of biking the kids to my step-mom's instead of driving them this am. I'll get my exercise in and maybe help put me in a better mood.

Kori, where are you planning on getting your bumblebee? Let us know what your fiance's (sp?) excuse for leaving you behind was.

fergi, exciting about your vacation coming up, I forgot where you said you were going.

Erin, hope camping goes well, we took DS when he was 1yo and I was preg. with DD, he just had a hard time settling and was up a lot, but I think that the constant light kinda helps, when he woke up he could still see me right there. Plus everything is a little less scary in the light. DS just went camping for the first time since then. He went with my FIL, they just slept in a tent in their backyard, but when Zadock woke up to pee the dog barked at him and scared the heck out of him. Poor little guy!

Valerie, congrats on the siggy! glad your leg is doing better today.

GG, when is your next day off, you sound like you could use a break
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Is it just me, or are there a lot of people on here lately??? Seems like two weeks ago it was dead around here...nice to log on & see so many posts every day!!

Lauren...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICA!!! HOpe you have something very fun & special planned.

Joan...hey sistah!!! Have fun at the movies. We're going to see that one in two weeks, looks so cute. I love VT, ww have every one they made through 2003, so funny!!

Kori, you could get a FLYERS or BLACKHAWKS tatoo, hehe. I have a feeling the engagement would be off though, lol.

Okay, everyone else, hey!! Just realized what time it is, off to take the kiddos to the dentist. Wish us luck. Last time Cady had 4!!! cavities, but we have eliminated the daily raisins/fruit snacks, so hopefully we won't have anymore.

Will try to check back later. Have a super day!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, good morning -

Man, there's nothing my company likes more than to throw big, potluck parties for those of us who are leaving or having a birthday or whatever. And sooo many sweets at this one (normally my weakness). Must... not shove... 20 donut holes in my mouth...

Happy birthday to Lauren!

Valerie - i'm glad your leg is better. It sounded scary.

mamatoni - i was on Depo in college and loved it (i actually *never* had periods), but i know a lot of people have problems with it. I eventually quit because it sort of weirded me out to never have a period, you know? But two weeks TOMing? Bleah!

After work i'm going to go the Y for the Zumba class. Has anyone tried it? It's super fun - all latin dancing!
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmommy2 View Post
Sunshine- Thanks so much for the advice...I was thinking though that on my back I should wait until I reach closer to my goal weight so they don't look funny as I lose...what do you think?
I don't think they'll look funny as you lose but do what you feel comfortable with. You can use it as an incentive. As you reach a certain weight, it'll be your reward.

Also, check with your tattoo artist for his/her opinion.

G'luck!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
MC, I think footprint tattoos on your back would be ideal...after all, our kids walk all over us anyway, right? have fun camping!
Good one!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Today is a good day...no celebrating yet, but I woke up in a good mood and have been in a good mood since. I just found DH's bday card to me in my purse on the way back from lunch! He is probably figuring I won't see it until I get home and he tells me! Yes, I need to clean out my purse!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #22  

Hi Lauren! I don't know you well yet but,

Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #23  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Toni I am not to big on the shot thing but I will tell you that my BF got the IUD thing. It is the new one I am not sure of the name but I do know it starts with an M. It last for 5 years. She loves it.

By the way we are going to Florida.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #24  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, that was very sweet of your DH!

Pam, I was thinking the same thing. It seems to come in waves. I remember you asking about a month ago if the summers were always so slow. Fingers crossed the dentist goes well.

Toni, I know what you mean about the overcast days, they can def affect our moods. Plus having TOM for two weeks. I hope your body gets on schedule soon!

Fergi, when is your trip to FL?

Nothing going on here. I want to make a trip to the Library. I got alot done yesterday but today I feel like I'm slacking.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Happy Birthday, Lauren!

Joan (?) - thanks! I hope I get the hang of it soon! BTW - we love the Veggie Tales, too!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

The movie was great. They are just too cute. We walked out into the sunshine and DS's hair was plastered to his head like he'd been sweating. I'm wondering how in the world he could be hot since the rest of us were freezing in the theatre. I go closer to see and can smell the aroma of butter within seconds ~ ugggghhhh! I couldn't wait to stick him the shower when we came home. He told me that his head kept itching while he was eating his popcorn. There is no way that my girls would scratch their heads with buttery hands. Yuck.

Alicia ~ are you still on your 3 days on the job schedule? Man, that has to be tough. Are you still considering getting a new job?

Lauren ~ how thoughtful that DH stuck a card in your purse. Enjoy your day!

Pam ~ My kids have never had a cavity (knock on wood). The two oldest have sealants on their teeth and that seems to help. DS does such a lousy job brushing and still hasn't had a cavity. It's got to be the sealants that are saving him.

I'm making potato dill soup this afternoon and the kids are begging to use the computer. Have a great day all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #27  

Alicia...dentis t was pretty good, 294.00 later!!! She doesn't take insurance, but files for me & I get about 50% back, so not extremely terrible. She's so awesome with kids, and she's always booked to the max, so she must be good if people are willing to pay out of their pockets!!! Cady has her first loose tooth, and is getting a 6 yr. molar, so she had to call her friend & tell her. And it looks like Frank may not need orthodontic work, if he keeps going the way he is...YAY!!!!!

Toni, hope that you are feeling less blah-y soon. I hate feeling like that.

Lauren, glad you bday is going well. Hope they have something special planned for you!!

Fergi, I had the Mirena IUD for 6 months & hated it. Funny how some people have side effects & others don't, huh??

Havign said that, anyone here have their tubes tied?? Hope that's not too personal, just wondering if anyone has had issues after having that done. Dh is a baby & won't get a vaso., so I'm seriously considering taking car of myself!!!

Okay, off to do some stuff around here. Have a double dancing class tonight...she's letting me make up when I missed my class for vacation...so it'll be two hours of sweating my **** off...LOVE IT!!

Later gators!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #28  

JOan, posting together....so glad you like the flick, can't wait to see it. Frankie has sealants, got them last year. I'm not sure if Cady ws too young. I think she has what they call "soft teeth"...we are starting to use the flouride rinse now, so hopefully that will help her out. Funny, I've done the same thing with both kids & her teeth are just different...I;ve heard it's hereditary. DH take such awesome care of his teeth & he gets a cavity every other year, think mybe she has his teeth. Oh, well...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #29  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

just got back from biking to drop off kids. Feel good, got a good workout AND I get to shower BY MYSELF!!! No little munchikins wandering underfoot in the tub!

Joan, potato dill soup sounds great, will you post the recipe?

Pam, I looked into the tubes tied thing, but the risks are WAY more than those for a vas. I just did a lot of convincing and DH got done a few months ago. I think the actual surgery is a lot more expensive too.

Well, I'm off the clean the bathroom and take a shower. Have a great day everyone.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Toni ~ I'll be happy to post the recipe, however, it is *not* low fat. I love soups and the times when I've attempted to alter them, I'm disappointed.

Pam ~ DH was "snipped" after #3 and he said that it was a "piece of cake" (I'm quoting him). Some men are really funny about it. DH's dad a vasectomy years ago so that is probably why Mike was open to it. I would have had my tubes tied but I always delivered at a Catholic hospital and they won't do that. A neighbor or mine just had her tubes tied in the spring and it went fine. She is a preschool teacher and she was instructed not to lift anything for 2 weeks. It's just so nice not to have to worry about B.C.

I did so good at the movie theatre by eating only a handful of popcorn. I was still hungry after lunch and what should I find in the pantry but these little fruit chocolate balls. I picked them up at Trader Joe's a while back and forgot all about them. It's fruit so it's gotta be healthy, right? Oh yeah, they're covered with chocolate.... I just popped way too many in my mouth. The blueberries are my favorite.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote