Old 04-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur April 24th

Morning all..i'm exhausted. I knew i would be so therefore i didn't set my alarm early to go to the gym. My pt is wanting me to work out 4 times a week with 30 min cardio and 3 x a week wt training (that can be on the same day as cardio). I was originally going to do it this am...but due to the hellish work day...i will shoot for tonight. I did get up early though, because i have a crap load of stuff to do at work today and need to go in early. I'm soooo looking forward to the weekend. I have my chiro apt on sat am...Sunday am i have to get up early because i've got a thing called a muster. I still have 1.5 years left in the inactive army ready resevers (when i did serve in the army). So once a year they call us up...give us physicals etc and make sure all our info is the same. Hopefully it won't last all day.

Alright all..off to finish breakfast and coffee.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #2  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin everyone!

Way to early for me!

Just wanted to wish one of my favorite Chick-a-dees, Pam a WONDERFUL birthday! Hope you have a great day girl!

Well ladies, I have to get the kiddies to school, get some coffee (you knew I couldn't give it up completely) and I will check back later when I'm awake!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Pam, Happy Birthday! Hope it is enjoyable.

Alicia, I hear ya on the way too early part. Of course most days I am already ready by now. ~ I don't have to be in until 10 today.

GG, I have this weekend off too. I am soo looking forward to it. Today is day 4 of working and I am finding it difficult to get motivated.

Yesterday I talked to my boss a little bit, and feel like some issues were resolved. However the sale is (The biggest one of the season) a huge one ~ so I was either at the register all day or running around like a chicken with my head cut off. ~ fun!

Well off for another fun filled day, but first I have to get ready.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

hey girls...

thanks Alicia...was hoping it might go by unnoticed..(just kidding!!) I am going to Wegman's to get my fave chocolate cake...I refuse to make my own cake, and my husband has the baking skills of a 2 year old, so it's a good excuse to get one!!

Lisa, hope things are better for you at work. Was sorry to see you were in tears the other day.

Patricia, hope things are better for you as well!

Okay, gotta get Cadence to school...then off to errands, hoping I might be able to sneak in a pedicure (haven't had one in a year, and boy, do I love them!!)

Later all!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!!!!! Enjoy your cake and your day!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Gals!

Feeling pretty good today, didn't sleep much last night. Lil Sis was coughing and blowing her nose all night. I put her in my room only to be kicked in the back and grossed out by her gritting her teeth. Then when dad got home at 5:20 she decided she wanted to have a discussion. Hopefully we'll be able to take a nap, but the sun is shining again today and I can't let it go to waste. Ds got off on his Senior trip this morning, I'm gonna be nervous until he gets home.

Pam, Happy Birthday, you're not making your own cake are you????? Ha, ha! Have a great day!!

GG, the weekend is coming!!!!!!!!

gotta Go, Have a beautiful day!!! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #7  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi gals! I'm back again. (sigh) I have so much trouble keeping up with things. lol I come in then I fade away. I'll try to keep up this time, I swear. lol So much happening all the time, won't go into it now. Will you have me back?? Please?
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
LBH

Molly, you silly girl! Of course we'll have you back!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hiya...

I know it's been awhile (again) since I was on. This time 'round, I'm trying the Weight Wathers flex plan, with the points.

I went to my first meeting on April 8, and was stunned and disappointed when their scale had me at 205.8...about 3.5 lbs more than the one at home had me.

So, even though it shouldn't matter as long as the weight is coming down, it was a psychological thing for me, and we bought a new scale. Ours has been acting up for a while anyway.

Well, I didn't go to a meeting last week, but did go weigh in on Friday morning (the 18th). I was down 3 lbs! 202.8. And our new scale almost exactly matches the WW scale. I think there was a .4 lb difference, but big deal. My weight could have fluctuated that much. 202.4 up to 202.8. I just feel much better knowing that what I see on my scale is accurate...at least according to their scale.

I will likely stop the meetings now, because I just don't know if I can afford to do that AND buy the at-home kit like I plan to do.

I will say I like the flexibility I have with WW. I can do a South Beach week here or there if I want to, but still follow the points guidelines. But most importantly, I'm not feeling like I'm denying myself. I know that my points last longer if I make healthy food choices, but I also know that if I'm craving something sweet, I can have it.

I know I'm not on here a lot, but I wanted to check in! I turned 34 on Feb. 4, and I do NOT want to feel as run down as I have for a number of years now. Both my parents are diabetic, so I know my weight only increases my likelihood of becoming diabetic. My weight is something I can work to control, so I'm trying!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi Jet! Congrats on joining WW and the loss!! If you're not gonna go to meetings, you have to promise you'll come to 3FC!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Pam-a-Rama!! Hope that you're having a super one ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

MOLLY!! I was just thinking about you the other day! So good to see ya again.

Today was much better, thanks. Tomorrow I work 8:45a - 5:15p, and then I also have the weekend off. I am trying to line up things to do with friends, but am finding it difficult. HMM, crazy.

Well off to paruse (sp?) the internet.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #13  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Hey everyone.

Just a quick flyby to say I _am_ still alive, but have taken up a couple of new hobbies. One of them is emotional eating -- put on SO much weight since last October that I'm embarrassed to even talk about it.

Anyway.....I'll post from time to time.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #14  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Rooster, don't feel bad...I'm back again this week. Just come on back.....if ya don't, this time next year you'll be even further away from your goal.

I've done too good today. I've not had so much issue with hunger....been too busy. I work Thursdays and Fridays and by the time I get there Thursday, work has piled up 3 feet high on my desk so I'm VERY busy. Don't have time to take a potty break hardly....barely time to eat. I'm allowed 28 points. If I stretch it (the truth), I can say I've had 20....but I know I haven't. Probably closer to maybe 17. So, on the one hand that's very good....on the other, it's very NOT good! I'm not hungry, though. I feel just slightly hollow....I'll eat a WW ice cream bar later and that'll totally satisfy me. I've had today a chicken salad sandwich and some Fat Free chips for lunch (Trish, I was even worse today and had :shudder: NO BREAKFAST!! I feel really ashamed!) and for supper I had a 12 inch turkey breast and ham sandwich for supper from Subway (with veges and mustard). That's all I've had today. I took an apple to work today, intending to eat it this morning....no chance. I feel a heavy dose of (well-deserved) stern talking coming my way.............so I'll hush now and wait. LOLOL Tomorrow will be a better day....I'll probably more than make up for it tomorrow...if not tomorrow, then this weekend for sure.

Happy Birthday Pam!! Not older, just wiser!

Have a great evening everyone...........

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 04-24-2008 at 08:48 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...happy bday pam.
hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote