Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Kerry,

That is scary!! And you're right, sometimes one shooting is follow is followed by another somewhere else.

I had to share this with you all. A little while ago I was about to post to another thread and my 5 month old puppy was in my lap and he jumped on the desk, so I took his pic.

Isn't he cute!!! I've had his mommy since she was 12 weeks and she will be 5 next Tuesday.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Kerry, that is definitely worrisome that a teacher's husband would shoot her in her own classroom. Keeping her and her family and those around her in my prayers.

Renee, your puppy is so cute! Thanks for sharing a pic.
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Renee, what a cute pup!! So glad your son did well. Hopefully they will find the problem!!

Heather, that geocaching sounds like a really neat hobby!! It's something we could definitely get into, but we don't have a GPS. I don't think they cost too much, though. I'm gonna check out that website. Thanks!

Joan, How's the bike riding? I think it was you who asked about my stomach. It's been pretty good the last three days. I think the Zantac may be working. My gf told me to keep an eye on it though, cause she had the same symptoms and they misdiagnosed it for 6 months...would up being her gall bladder, and by the time they figured it out it was gangrene!! EWW!! so, I'm very mindful of when I get the pains & where, just is case. But I'm pretty sure it's under control. Thanks for asking!!

Lauren, enjoying your time off? I hope so. I know you're looking for work, but try to rest a little, you've been under so much stress lately!!

Alicia..get your shopping done??

Dawn..how's the hip-hop?

Okay, gotta roll and watch some news. Just heard Romney's out. My guess is it'll be Mccain & Clinton, and I can't even vote til end of April, so it probably won't make a difference anyway!!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Heather - the GPS thing sounds fun my MIL and her new hubby are retired and I have a GPS. I will have to tell them about it - they would have fun. My parents on the other hand, are already frustrated wih trying to use their GPS, that it would drive them nuts using it for fun!!
Renee - the puppy is really sweet!
Kerry - that is so sad about the teacher.
Alicia - hope that you had a good day running errands.

DH is back from offsite meeting already...waiting for DS to wake up from nap and then maybe we can leave the house. He has been taking really long naps lately...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hi Pam! We posted at the same time. I survived the dancing...just glad no one can see me doing it!
I saw a blurb about Romney suspending his campaigning or something - it is definitely an interetsing election year.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #21  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Ummm Renee, I don't think that puppy wants you on the computer! LOL What kind of dog is it?

Kerry, I know it must hit really close to home. Very scary.

Joan, I never count on those things till everyone and their mother agree to it. I was hoping to get a new refrigerator though *sigh* BTW, I'm reading P&P and I'm loving it.

Pam, shopping went good, except for the woman behind me in line who was popping her gum, I wanted to turn around and smack her one. I was rushed and I'm sure I forgot something.

Dawn, have fun going out this afternoon. Hey, soon ds wont want to nap at all, enjoy it!

I'm worried about my sil who just had her baby. She wrote me an email that said she got depressed and locked herself in the bathroom and slept in the bathtub. I told her to talk to the Dr if she thinks she's depressed. I wish I could help her out but they live all the way in TX.

I've done excellent today eating. I am hungry now but I am afraid I am going to ruin it. Those pop tarts sure are calling my name. I did pretty good shopping though. I think the pop tarts were the only questionable item I bought.

Okay, enough blabbering, have a great afternoon everyone.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #22  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All!

Wow - what a night we had! Our power went out yesterday afternoon just before 3pm. I phoned the hydro company who told me that all of our town was out. I went right then to get the girls from school. I had to search down the halls in the dark for them (they were so glad to see me).

I live in south-western Ontario, Canada. We really should be used to snow but, we had a freezing rain storm then snow started on top. The girls and I went home and lit candles (of course I only have the scented ones so our house was quite the aromatic haven!) and pulled out the flashlights. We then found the portable dvd system that we use in the car and we very excited to see that it had a recharable battery pack! So, we tuck in with our jammys on and put on High School Musical. Halfway thru the battery starts running out AND both the million and the ten-million candlepower flashlights die after being on for less than 5 MINUTES!!! (I was cursing my hubby in my head!! Should this be his job -- to re-charge everything in the house?????) So now the kids and I were fitting over a disney princess flashlight!!

We put batteries in my daughters BRATZ radio and tune in to the local news( a station that basically playes only elevator music!) the update is the hydro would be on in the next hour. Not so bad - BUT, it didn't come on for 5 hours after that. We basically lost a degree an hour in the house (it was minus 11 outside!!) and I think the scented-candles were making me crazy! Did I mention we had cereal for dinner??

Oh - the best part...my husband was in Toronto for a trade show for the week and was in a lovely hotel room, ordering chinese food!! (He always seem to be away whenever anything happens! - all my fri

I keep saying that I'm going to buy one of those little generators that you can plug a couple of things into but, of course I never have. Well - I will be buying one today or tomorrow and have already decided that I will be the one in charge of keeping it charged!!

Have a great night!

Heather (chunkomommy)

Thanks for letting me vent!!
It sounds like you have all been busy too!

Heather (chunkomommy)
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

evening all.

renee - glad to hear son did well..let us know what the found. cute puppy btw
joan - sorry to hear about sil..sounds like it might be postpartum depression.
heather - sorry about the power outage

as for me..nothing overly exicting to report. Had a good workout with pt. Found out i have 16m more lessions. So our plan is to work out one week 2 x wk and then the next week do only once a week...so it stretches it out about 2.5 months. I'm enjoying it and hope i can keep up my eating so i can loose more (:
going to get din ready.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey,everyone! I can't believe how long this week has been!! I'm so ready for the weekend. I lost another pound, though..

Kerry,that is very sad

Renee, your puppy is so cute!

Holli, I was wondering how the dr. appt went. I hope your doing better. I suffer from migraines almost on a daily basis. They have run tests 2 different times and are still just saying "basilar migraines".. I have cut down considerably on my medications...It was starting to worry me. I was having them so bad, I would take 2 sinus and 2 migraine pills every 3 hours. Nothing would work..but now I've tried to take them about every 3 days. Usually by then, they're so bad, all I can do is go to bed.
I really hope you are feeling better. I'll be thinking about you.
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Jury duty is kicking my behind!! I'm not used to hauling my kids out so early in the AM! And having to pack their stuff the night before. And Cassie has decided she's not going to sleep tonight. Sigh. Luckily tomorrow is a half day in the PM. How do you working Moms get everything done? I'm going to be up until midnight getting laundry done. Luckily for me MIL is feeding us dinner! Unluckily for me it's not healthy.

I can't remember who posted it, but Geocaching is TONS of fun. We haven't got to do it much since Cass but will try to get back to it this summer.

Off to try to get this girl to sleep!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

i'm back...just wanted to let you guys know that the recipe i posted last night was great. good yummie food. I made it as low fat as i could...it was good. Give it a try one night.

alright...out for the night!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

For those of you that asked, no I did not kill any customers or co-workers yesterday ~ however I did yell at my dad pretty bad when I came home. Poor dad he got the brunt of my frustrations and pain from all day.

Today I was still in alot of pain and had to leave for an hour, because I had overflowed my pad. (Sorry TMI) Which meant that I had to stay an hour longer. Not fun.

Kerry, sorry to hear about the shooting. Have fun bowling tonight (although you're probably done by now)

Lauren, sorry about your job. I would have never done something like that. Of course I believe that family comes first.

Karen, I had jury duty for a week and was on three different cases. In the Cleveland area, you are called for a week and it doesn't matter how many times your number comes up ~ you have to be there.

Sorry to everyone else, my brain is fried and I have a few more emails to check.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote