Old 02-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 279/237/175

I am trying to enjoy the next 2 days at home with my baby before I am returning to work (on Wednesday). Who would have thought that 8 weeks maternity leave would go by so fast!

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.
Margaritachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mommy & PolarBear, Glad you joined us! Jump right in!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #18  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Polarbear - i must have been posting at the same time as you!

beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the newbies!!

Making spaghetti for dinner...salad too. I think I might actually take a bath tonight...have never taken one in this house (two & a half years) but for some reason I feel like it tonight!! So...

I will talk to everyone tomorrow. HOpe you all have something nice planned for your evening!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ LOL 2 1/2 years is a long time to not bathe;-). Enjoy!

Welcome all newcomers! It's always good to have new people join in.

Alicia ~ any luck with the melatonin?

We were invited to a Superbowl party yesterday but DS still wasn't quite healthy so we skipped the party, left hubby home with the little monkeys while I took off with a GF to see 2 movies at the movie theatre (Juno and Atonement). I was supposed to go one evening last week but the weather turned nasty so we re-scheduled for yesterday. What a treat! I hardly ever go out to the theatre to see one movie; much less two. We had over an hour wait between movies and the two of us didn't come up for air. Sure was fun to have some much needed adult conversation with a good friend. We split a bag of popcorn and each got bottled water to drink. Mike made chili yesterday so that will be dinner tonight for us. Hope that everyone has an excellent evening ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi again! Welome to the newbies!

Joan - just waiting for our chili leftovers to reheat too! Glad you had a good time at the movies - it is so much fun to go out with a girlfriend and talk.

Pam - enjoy your bath!

Margariachic - enjoy your last two days home with the baby. What kind of work do you do?

Hi Beachmomma!

Have a good evening everyone...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

CR - forgot to mention - sorry about DS - hope that he is feeling better soon and willing to take the medicine.

Also, hi Lauren!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #23  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Welcome to all the newbies!!!!

beachmomma, I have to say I have found it increasingly difficult to find workout dvds. Not just walmart, but target too. There are an abundance online though. I plan on getting a few from Target soon.

Pam, I hope calgon "takes you away"

Joan, how was Atonement? I've seen ads for it alot lately and have thought of going by myself to see it. As far as the melatonin, he did take it last night. However, we got home late from the neighbors so I am not sure. He did like it though, he asked for more, lol. I will try it this week for his regular bed time and see how it goes.

DH is making dinner, some meat marinated in beer. I let DS eat at McD's tonight. OMG, those fries were just too good. Its just not right. Why couldn't they have been horrible.

Hope everyones having a good evening!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...work went well today. I was at a different clinic tonight...and its nice because it closed at 6 so i got to head home earlier than usual. Also a good day overall. I saw an er yesterday at my normal clinic that I was able to diagnosis...and with some fluid therapy, dog is doing much better. She'll be in tomorrow for a test to truely determine if her dog has an endocrine disease called Addison's Disease. But the owner was so happy and thankful the dog is doing much much better. those are the days i enjoy work (: Eating was't as good as i could be..i broke down and shared some fries with a cowoker..but that's alright..i'm off to the gym in 30 min. got to burn off that crap LMAO

hey to all the newbies...feel free to jump on in. Glad you found us
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ugghhhh...well i went to the gym but only made it 20 min on the eliptcal before i felt like i was about to die. I think my body is telling me its worn out. I think tonight I will go to bed early. I really am exhausted.

night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick post to say hi. Did my Slim in 6 video this morning and then this evening I went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the treadclimber followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical. Talk about a sweatfest!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ our bodies do not lie to us lol. Get a good rest in and report for duty tomorrow...

Alicia ~ Atonement was very good. Intense & tragic; all the making for a beautiful love story. Definitely worth seeing. Juno was excellent. You mentioned seeing it before. Go Paulie!

Hope that everyone has a restful evening ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Kerry I am glad you are getting back to “normal” what’s normal anyway???
Hi Dawn did you get some rest from the party, sounds like you had a good time. Congratulation on the good news at the doctors. I love Panera!
Beachmomma Sorry the kids are sick, did you look at Barnes and Noble for your DVD’s? they have a very good selection, you know who has a good selection too, is Fry’s electronics, if you have one near by it is worth checking.
Jasmine how was the movie? Did you have a good time w/your gf? I am sorry you have a cold. How was the day you spent w/your parents unpacking? It is great you son gets to spend time w/your parents, grandparents are the best!
Christina congratulations your 2 Lbs. loss!
Lisa what book are you reading? Sorry it has been so hectic at work, try to get some sleep when you can!
Hi Pam, isn’t it great when the little once sleep in?
Lauren I love your post!
Alicia what a good idea to walk in the school track! Good for you! Congratulations on your niece she is adorable.
CR sorry about your little one being sick, I hope he feels better and congratulations on your loss!
mommyagain3 congratulations on your wedding, this is a great place for support, glad you joined us!
Polar bear to you too!
Margaritachic I am so sorry you have to go back to work, who is helping you w/your baby? I love Yorkies, I have 2 of them, not really I have 3, long story I call them the little dudes and the new addition to our family is the dudet, they are the best!
Pam did you have a relaxing bath? Do you light candles when you take a bath?
Joan what a great way to spend super bowl Sunday! I will keep that in mind for next year! I am glad you had a good time, how did you like atonement? I’ve heard mixed reviews.
Alicia how was dinner? How nice of DH to cook! I hear you on the French fries, I have not been at a Mc.D in a long time, even when I take Sean I try my best to ignore the fries, they are “evil” LOL.
Sapphireheather
GG I am so glad your patient is doing better! How rewarding! Sorry you were so tire, it is good to listen to your body, good for you, get a good night’s rest! The beer club sound fun!

I am doing great! I have to share w/you guys I didn’t do a single thing over the weekend, I am embarrassed to say I never got out of my pj’s it was so good, I sat on the couch an knitted. DH was home all weekend and he was exhausted, he had a very difficult month, January is always very slow in the car biz, but this last one was the worst. He got really good news on Friday, he has a partner at work now, so he will be able to have a little more of a “life” he will take every other weekend off, that is so amazing, I am so much looking forward to that! (Friday, Sat. and Sun) Yippy!!! Didn't care about the game one way or another, I kind of watched it w/DH but didn't really, I was just sitting there knitting and playing w/the dudes.
Today was a busy day, I did great food wise, I am forcing myself to eat, my appetite is very low even on the new medicine I am on (Effexor) I am not complaining! I am down to 105 Lbs. I don’t know that I want to loose any more weight, I feel really good.
Sean had a very good day on Friday and the whole weekend went really well, today he had a great day in school, I am so jazzed!
The dogs are finally adjusted to the little gal, we named her Coco, she cried today a lot when I locked her w/ Zurg in the hall way when I left to go pick Sean up from school and when we came back she was so excited she was still crying, running in circles starved for attention. She is a little trouble maker, her favorite thing to play w/is paper, so she sits in the office and gets in my basket of paper to be filled and steals one, I take it away, she goes to get another one, then she goes into the trash and finds more paper, she is too cute! I am so glad I got her!
I am going to take a shower and relax, we are watching the Biggest Looser in a little while!

Good night!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #29  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Hanna, my "dudette" loves to get into things too. My poor DD has a bad habit of throwing her dirty clothes on the floor. Soon as the girl dog goes in her room she will try and run off w/ a pair of underwear. I hear DD chasing her through the house "BRING THOSE BACK." Sounds like you had a good weekend. I am glad! It's good DH will be spending more time at home with the family! Our dinner was yummy!

GG, sounds like you are in need of some rest...take a break from the workout, you've been working hard!

Just finished cleaning the kitchen. I wish I were tired. Still wide awake. But off to bed I go or I wont get up in the morning. Hope you are all fast asleep...

Night all,

Last edited by lois lane; 02-04-2008 at 11:56 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote