Old 01-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #16  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Dawn, I know you just moved....as I have recently. Do you think that could have anything to do w/ds being uncomfortable? Just a thought, my son def doesn't adjust well to new situations and environments.

Hanna, hope the new people coming are of more service to you and Sean than those you had before. Have you named the pup yet?

Kerry, sometimes I feel the same way. Someone please give me a job and get me out....JK, JK. I def know what you mean though.

Joan, its great to get other things done while you're exercising!

Went to target. Well the only size rod left will not fit either window. I could buy 2, saw one in half to make one smaller and add more length to the other. I don't know I'll have to think about it. The ends are mother of pearl which I thought would look pretty against the olive walls.

Not much else going on. Chat later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #17  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey Dangergirl, we were posting at the same time.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Dawn ~ I got the New Balance 5K 6100 ~ I love it! What marathon is DH training for? My husband ran St. Jude in Memphis in December and the year before that The Flying Pig in Cincinnati. That is a really great marathon. Lots of fun for the whole family.

Danger ~ LOL at your dog story. Like you said, your dog is damn near genius or mentally challenged:-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #19  

just a quick hello this afternoon!

weighed about an hour or so ago...im down about 1 1/2..yeah!...i need to change my ticker tonight...

my little guy is home today..still not feeling great..no fever just some upset stomach and alittle diarrhea (sorry tmi)...hopefully he will get through it today..just wants to lie around

i hope everyone has a great rest of the day...i will try to check in later
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Horrible start to my week. Had some left over fried chicken and that was the first thing I ate after waking to a snowy morning. No work. YEAH, but did bad things for trying to get started eating right. Well, the chicken is all gone. Hubby is looking forward to some homemade chili. I think I will cook it and then leave out for the gym immediately after it is done cooking.

I really feel like crap right now. I over-ate and I feel sluggish and stuffed. I have been feeling full all weekend but I keep getting the mouth hunger. I HATE that, oh is there any help for me??????
trappedthingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #21  
Ready to be thin

S/C/G: 272/255/172

Height: 5'4

Argh! What a terrible way to start my week. I did really well at work and all day up until I was on my way home. I had to stop at the grocery, just for a couple of staple items, but I ended up getting some chips and eating them while I shopped. I definitely need to NOT go to the store right after work when I am ravenous! But you know, as I was eating them, I was actually rationalizing with myself, that it was okay to eat them. In my mind, I thought, "well, I'll be much better tomorrow." It wasn't until I was out in the car, when the guilt struck me. So I self-medicated with the chocolate bar I bought in the check-out line. Good god! And now, I feel guilty and angry with myself.

But, on a lighter note, this is my first time reading the daily chat. I love the relationships you all have with each other. Great support. I'm so glad I found 3FC. Because, I know I am going to have these set-backs and I can't allow myself to get so down about it. Thanks!
lvlygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #22  
Smartypants

Hallo all!!! I am exhausted so this will be just a big HALLO to everybody! Well as you can see, my ticker has m-o-v-e-d yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yes indeed, Aunt Flow is still here, but she let me see a slight drop - by 2 lbs!! 225 yippee!!!! Been stuck at 227 for I don't know how long yeesh. Persistence pays off! So emotionally, I am high as a kite. Physically better, my fourth day on cymbalta and symptoms are slowly going away yea. I'm really tired, so I may turn in early tonight though. Corey stayed home sick with James, so looks like my two main men are still dealin with the creepin crud. But I am still healthy, so that's good; they are doing better today too so we'll see. K ttyl!!!!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Alright the chili is cooking and I am going to go ahead and put on my gym clothes. I will see you guys later reporting my time in the gym.
trappedthingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

it is so cold here!
lvlygrrl glad you joined us

GG how was your day?

Lisa who did work go today? I hope it was a fantastic day!

Kerry I would be exhusted! glad you are back, I can't believe you even have the energy to type, get some sleep!

trappedthingirl the worst thing is that you feel bad about how you started the week, it doesn't matter what you did, but just that feeling. my suggeestion is you eat lots of little meals a day, snack a lot! and drink lots of water.

Joan the marathon sounds great!
how fun!

Alicia how was your day? No the little girl doesn't have a name yet, I have been with her all day and I keep calling her baby girl. LOL.

CR I hope you are feeling better

danger girl I love the story about your dog, I agree w/you, they can be pretty smart! my previous yorkie used to go to the bathroom in the bath tub it was very funny. Thank you to your DH for serving our country!

well today was another day, the little girl went to the vet and she got the clean bill of health, the vet was very worried before she did the exam as the little puppies that come from the petstore she did don't have a very good reputation for being very healthy, I can't tell you how much that bothers me, I hate puppy mills.
Zurg has finally accepted the little girl, they played a lot today, chased each other and bounced around, of course he did let her know every now and again "he is the king here" and he growled a few times, to be expected I guess, they are keeping me so happy, I am so lucky to have them!
Then I got home and I got the worst call ever, Sean's day was the worst it has ever been, the school is very worried about him, nothing seems to work, we are just not having any luck w/him. Please put him in your prayers.
Tonight we are just eating left overs from last night, DH BBQ'd a delicious stake, so we are having the rest today and I am making a big sala. I got to get Sean in the bathtub and ready for bed.
I will see you guys tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #25  
KAR

Evening All,
I made it through my day without any problems. But just very tired. I came home from work, eat dinner and then took a 30 minute nap. Boy that is what I needed. Now I have been able to get my clothes laid out for tomorrow, packed my lunch, got my stuff ready for my TOPS meeting, placed my Avon order on line, printed out a flyer to include with my Avon brochures for this next order and start a load of laundry. Don't think I could have done all these things had I not taken a nap.
Sounds like we are all off to a good start to the week. Hope it continues that way.
Lauren I forgot to give you my miles for last week. It is 16.25 miles. Hope you had a nice day at work! How is your mom doing?
Danger, sorry to hear that your dh hurt his neck. Hope he is feeling better. Sorry to hear that you and your dogs are bored. Hope this spell of bored doesn't last long.
Alicia that is too bad about your curtain rods. Hope you find something else that suits your eye. Glad to hear that your brother made it through boot camp.
Congrats Holli on your 2 pound loss. Things are looking up for you. Hope you don't end up with the creepin' crud. Enjoy your early evening.
Christina congrats on your loss too! Hope your little one feels better.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have wonderful days! I have to go put my Avon books together so I can start passing them out tomorrow. Then I am going to bed early. Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #26  
KAR

Hanna,
We were posting at the same time. Sorry that you had a rough afternoon with the phone call. I will keep Sean, your dh, you and his teachers in my prayers. Hope you can all reach a sensible solution to help him cope better.
Sending lots of hugs and postive thoughts your way!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..well today was a lot better...although there was another seizuring dog...gee whiz...what is it with all these darn seizruing dogs...but overall the day was good..not crazy. i did go work out. did 45 min of intense( hr about 150 or great) workout. I felt great...i'm pooped now with that sort of workout...but man did it feel great at the time.

beachmaman - i love my gym membership and don't regret joining. My gym however also has a bunch to offer...loads of ellipticals, treadmills, free wt, nautilus, baskeball court, raquetball, aerobics rooms, spinning room, boxing ring, pool, sauna, whirlpool. So i definately think its worth it. I originally joined thinking i was going to do mostly aerobics classes (i love them) but have hardly made it to any..i usually get wound up on the machines or weights. i would recommend finding a gym that has a schedule that meets yours. Most days i can make it to the gym..the only day i have issues is Saturday, if i work. The hrs on sat are 8-8 and i just cant make it work when i go to work on Sat. But other than that..the hrs are great. But i know in the past, i've had a membership and wasn't really into it and didn't go. So it just varies from people to people

joan- hope the kids enjoy the trip...yes the opertating table is very large...they use hydrolic lift systems to move the table and horses...operating on a horse is definately larger than life. Its neat though...some places even have swimming pools for when the horses are waking up so they don't hurt themselvs...they apre places in the floating harness device and floated in water until fully awake...it help prevent the horse breaking a leg when recovering...since horse sometimes try to stand to soon and can topple over easily

hannah -glad the new pup is working out. I'm gland you like your vet...its important to find a vet who makes time and also enjoys what they do. i'm sorry you are having a time with sean. What does the school think you should do???? my thoughts are with you

kar- that sounds like a tiring weekend..hope you get some rest

dangergirl- got to love the crazy dogs...i wouldn't have my life any other way..makes it more complete (:

hey to everyone else i might have missed. I'm off to pass out now...the exercise endorphines have worn out

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 01-28-2008 at 10:01 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

Alicia I am totally confused, is your brother in the military?
they have very good selection of rods at Lowe's, have you check there, and you can take your 20% off coupon from Bed bath and beyond and they will honor it, have you checked there too?

Kerry you are amazing! I don't think I would be able to even talk after a weekend like yours. there is a new perfume out by Avon, at least I think it is new, I don't know what it is called, I saw in on a magazine, it smelled really nice and the bottle was very pretty, reddish glass, do you have a clue what I am talking about? can you tell me how much it is, feel free to pm me!

Beachmomma I agree w/GG that is a great pt. you need to find a gym that offers what you would be interested in or what you would consider training, check class schedules too.

GG I never even thought of how big an operation room would be for a horse, it is pretty neat they have the swimming pools for the.
yes I am very lucky w/my vet, she is great, they make me feel very comfortable with all the information they provide and how good they are with the pets, they have great bed side manners, they recently bought the practice from another very good vet, I was not too happy in the very beginning (when they took over) they did go through a difficult time w/the transition, the had tried to keep the staff from the previous Dr. but didn't work out, I am very please w/them now. They are a little more expensive than the vets around here, but it is well worth it. I just paid $299 for the puppy package, and the little girl already had the first set of shots and the ID chip.
As far as Sean, we don't know what to do, the school is very concerned today was the worst day he has ever had, kicking teachers, throwing rocks, running in the parking lot, on and on... I don't know what to think, he really is sick, the psychiatrist said today he is the worst case of mania he has seen, and he has been around for a long time. He used to run a hospital in the east coast. it is very concerning. I don't think is just the bipolar, I am convinced it is all the baggage the birth mother pass to him by using drugs while she was pregnant, so selfish and irresponsible, I hate her. But that doesn't solve a thing!

Well I am about to go to bed, I am very tired and the little pup will be up I am sure around 5 am to go potty, not that doesn't make me too happy! lol.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote