Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat Thursday Sept. 20th

Hello all, I am not in a good mood today. I closed last night and now I have to open. grrr. It wouldn't be so bad, except at 4am I woke up and had trouble going back to sleep.

So, Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go! YeHaw!

Lisa

P.S. I will try to post later and hopefully I will be in a better mood.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #2  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday, Sept.20th

Morning,
Hope you all have a wonderful day! Sorry I couldn't post last night. I had a heck of a day at school. My bipolar student had a visit with his parents yesterday morning and then his fosterparents brought him to school around 11. It was pure torture the rest of the day, because he did not feel good and inflicted it on the rest of us. Couldn't get him to do any work. Hurt another student's feelings and made her cry three times. I had to get ready for my sub today and finally said here have some free time so I could get it done. Then I had a busy evening once I got home. I had to type up some items for my mil. Plus print out some info. on the fundraiser I am doing for the local nursing home. Through Avon, people can purchase a stuffed puppy and either give it someone of their choosing or donate it to the nursing home. So I had to get that ready to start that process. Today I am off to a workshop with my Special Ed. supervisior. Should be an interesting day. She doesn't like me for some reason. Oh well. Hopefully I can sit fall away from her. Haven't decided if I will go back to school after my workshop to do the afterschool program or just enjoy and early afternoon.
Blue congrats on the new job. See you were freaking out for nothing. Sounds like your dd's stepmommy wants to play mind games with her thinking they will punish you since you don't have much money right now. But the one they are hurting the most is your dd. Hope things get better on that front!
Laurie sending hugs for you. I know that your family is going through a rough time right now.
John sounds like you are going to be busy man going on a few road trips. Enjoy yourself! For your vacation days, that is what you could do.
Shelia sorry dh is being such a butthead right now. Sounds like your sil and bil are putting a lot of responsiblity on his shoulders right now. How far away do they live from mil? Couldn't they take turns helping her.
Hanna glad that you are feeling a little bit better.
Hi to everyone else. Have to go brush my teeth and then head out the door. Chat with you all later. I hope to get on the computer this evening. Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: Hang in there my darling. Geesh, I remember those days when I had to close @ Pizza Hut and get home @ 1:30 and have to be back in @ 7:30 to get the damn salad bar ready....not the same work environment as you, but same situation! I feel ya babe. I didn't sleep well either! But, down just a few ounces off from 17 pounds now, so I won't complain! 8-) MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Kerry: How the heck can that lady not like YOU? Is she a kookwad? I bet she's just damn jealous! I just don't get how anyone can have any issue with someone with such a pure and loving heart. Tell her Mo says to go blow a monkey! Lemme @ her!!!!!

There are 2 Thursday morning threads started, so hopefully dahling Lauren, Lisa, Karen K....will merge them...nevertheless, I wanted to post on your post too!

Love, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..hopefully a moderator will merge our 2 4 thursday chats. I had a great morning. I have the day off and dh doesnt go to school til 4. So we woke up this am and did the hike up the mountain with the dog. did 1.2 miles up a 1700 ft elevation in 27 miles...then back down. it was fun. I might try to do the boot camp dvd tonight if i get motivated. need to make up for 2 days off. hope everyone is having a good day

kar - sorr about the crazy day...hopefully this kids will cooperated today.

other than that..not a whole lot more going on here. oh yea...i did finally take measurements this am...so now if i have a week where i feel i did well, but gained wt...then at least i could recheck my measurements.

alright...check back later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning!
OMG MO - you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blow a ??? That is for sure a new one! LMAO!!!

Kerry - sorry that lady's a witch! Ignore her and just know she is miserable - people who don't like others for no apparent reason are always miserable for some other reason! Hope your workshop was great!

Hi Hanna! How ya doin today???

Laurie - I eat edamames all the time - they are great cold or heated!

Blue!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! SEE! Yeah! Can you and your BF have a garage sale and get rid of some junk that you never use!? That's a good way to make some extra cash and get rid of stuff!

Good Morning to everyone else - Joan, Angie, Alicia, Lauren, Lisa, Michelle, Dragon, John, Sheila, Reality, and whoever lse I missed!
It's almost Friday again!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohooo!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning everyone!

Blue congratulations on the new job!!! yeah!!! I love the idea of having a garage sale and getting rid of stuff you don't need or use and make a little xtra $. I love garage sales, either walking thought them or having one myself. I have a rule in my house, if you have not wore something in 12 months you don't need it, regardless of what it does! Believe! I don't like clutter. I have funny stories on the subject too. One day I was looking for a soft rag to clean something with, I looked in my dresser for an old shirt that I could use as a rag, didn't find one, so I looked in DH's drawers and I found a shirt I had NEVER seen him ware, so I ripped it, it had a cool picture on the back and a little picture on the front left pocket, so I cut the pictures very nicely and I folded them and put them away. I cleaned what I had to clean! then a few months go by and DH asked me if I had seen a t-shirt that looked like that, I didn't remember it at all, honestly didn't. A little more time goes by and DH goes in the linen's closes and finds this rags I had "saved" with the pictures of his t-shirt. He yells at me furiously cause I had told him before I didn't know what he was talking about I honestly didn't, well come to find out the t-shirt I destroyed was the first t-shirt ever made by no fear, it was made, it was a t-shirt they made in a garage, before they became huge! I had to tell him, I NEVER seeing you ware it, and the rule is if you have not worn it in 12 months is gone! every once in a while he teases me telling me if I have found the replacement for it, LOL!

Reality mom, Joan, Slim and Lisa I am sorry I didn't mean to ignore you yesterday, I don't know what happened to me when I posted, shame on me!

Lisa I am sorry about your crazy hours, that sux! when you get home today have a nice bubble bath!

Sheila I hope you had a good day yesterday! did you go to Billings, did you shopping. LOL.

Kerry I am sorry about the supervisor not liking you, she must be crazy for not liking you! if she says something inappropriate to you, laugh, maybe she will lighten up! good luck! I have not clue how you can do the work you do! G-d Bless you!

Joan I love the stories about your son, that is too cute!

GG wow you are getting another day off, that is great, isn't that unlikely at a corporate kid of job! enjoy your time with DH.

Melinda it is so good to have you back Fudgy Chocolate Cake
Filled with Chocolate Chips topped with Vanilla icecream. don't you go away again, we will come an get ya!

Roo do we have to come and get you! how are you doing?

John don't work to hard

Is Ken sill lurking around?

what happend to Tamara? have not see her for a long time

I am doing Ok today, I am soar from going back to the gym yesterday, I did upper body and my arms hurt! but it is good pain! I stayed up till 3 am I am knitting a shawl for myself, and I want to have it finished by Saturday night, we are going to a friends house for dinner she is hosting a dinner to break the fast, the fast is for Yom Kippur (Jewish new year) I don't know if I am going to be able to fast this year, I will sure try. Any way the shawl is gorgeous, but I don't' thing I am going be able to finish it before Saturday night, it is a lot of work, I am finishing the edges, putting a ruffle on it and it is 65 inches long, I just finished one side so I have the other side too and the 2 shorter ends. I will post a picture when it is done, the yarn is so great!
Anyway enough of that, I am going to the gym and I have to be back soon, have to pick up Sean from school at 1 we have an appointment in San Diego at 2 so I am thinking I pick him up an hour before the appointment and take him out for lunch, he was telling DH over the weekend he wants to go eat a the cheesecake factory, he heard us talk about it, and he says he wants to go there and have a cheesecake, he can be very cute, he said he also wants real food, so I think that's what we are doing for lunch today, MMMMMM....
See you guys later
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Blue I just thought of something esle, have you thought of going to one of the Goodwill stores so find your uniform? I've heard of ppl shopping there and finding great buys for very little! just a thought!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #9  

happy - actualy i get 2 days off a week. our weeks go from sunday to saturday. So this past weekend when i got 3 days off..we had just trade a wed for monday. My next day off isn't until wed. So i'll be pretty busy until then. its odd scheduling...but i'm getting use to it.

speaking of garage sales...another good option if you want to get rid of stuff is craig's list. We advertised this week for some furniture that didn't fit and sold 2 of the 3 items in less than 24 hrs. I think it helps if you live in a big city..but i was amazed we made $125 in 24 hrs..not too shabby.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi guys!

Sorry it took me soo long to get here and merge the threads today...I was BUSY! And this is the first chance I've had!

GG, I agree on Craig's List. I've been looking around on there recently for stuff for the house and was thinking, hey, I have a lot of stuff I could put on there to sell...less hassle than ebay!

Gotta go get some lunch!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Hello!

GG!
Sorry I forgot to chat with ya in my last post! Yours cracked me up - I am still sitting here thinking "shot in the face with anal glands???" LMAO Poor thaaaang! LOL But what you do is all worth it! You make peoples babies all better and that is what counts!

Hanna
Way to go with going to the gym! Your No Fear TShirt story was just too funny! You should tease DH and tell him you were thinking about it and looked that shirt up on EBAY and it was going for $500.00 Oops! HA That's mean eh? LOL

It is so gloomy out and it makes me sooo tired!!!!!!!!!!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #12  

yep lauren..i've never used it before until this week..it really was easy and less hassle than ebay. so can't really complain. we have a few more things that i think we're going to list and thanks for making all of us one again LOL
Old 09-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  

slim - you are right...i do get great rewards from my job...and the occasional anal glands blood feces etc is really not a big deal..i think it grosses my hubby out more, but i always shower at night before bed LOL
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #14  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Oh guys, I really wish I was better at posting and personally sending messages to everyone like I used to. Life has just gotten SO busy that I don't seem to have time for this place like I used to. Rest assured that I do still regularly read everything and am very happy to see that people still remember me from time to time.

I've taken a different attitude towards work these days. I'm trying to turn a blind eye to everything that makes me unhappy and work on stuff which actually makes me feel like I accomplish something. So that means I tend to turn toward mundane, repetitive tasks if I feel overwhelmed. Not a bad thing, I guess, because they need to get done and it lets me feel like I've made progress, even if it's small. Today was eaten up by an obscure trouble and I wasn't able to "run away" from the negativity which means I'm kinda feeling a little down at the moment. I will bounce back, but for the time being I just want to crawl under my rock.

On a happier note, DW and I had a pleasant 8th anniversary this past Tuesday and she has planned a romantic overnight getaway to a spot we disappear to every year. So, it's a hot tub and champagne for me tomorrow night! I can't wait.

I wish I could say that I'm "on a diet". I mean, that's the whole point of being here isn't it? But I really haven't been trying to lose weight recently. Mostly due to a lack of motivation, I guess. I really should try harder, but I don't know. I should exercise more but I'm always so exhausted these days. One of my friends suggested that I should see the doctor, but I saw him this past January for a general physical and nothing ever came of that so I can't see there being anything physically wrong. I guess I'm just lazy and unmotivated.

Anyway, that's pretty much where I am right now. And yes, MO, someday I still plan on "dealing" with you, missy.

Take care all. Thanks for listening & caring so much!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #15  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey ladies! (I don't see John yet )
Thanks for all the congrats coming my way - I am sooo excited - and yes, I did worry for nothing, I guess I just let other people and what they said get into my head too much.

Garage sale would be a great idea - except that We really did get rid of everything about 9 months ago wehn I moved in here with my boyfriend. We got rid of all extra furniture and kinda cleaned out everything before the move.

Hanna - omg that is a funny story!!! I kinda feel bad for your guy too - LOL
So it was a prized posession huh? Anyway as for getting rid of things I have not worn in 12 months - well then what would I wear when I lose this extra weight?? I am going to lose it one way or another

Slim - I think if I was Hanna, I would totally play that joke on him! I know I am mean

GG - good job on the kick butt workout!

Well I have to go pick up my boyfriend - i had to get up and take him to work cause his car would not start. He thinks the fuel pump is going out. Go figure that as soon as you pay a car off somthing goes wrong. Its like the car parts have timers - ugh!

Kerry - sorry you had a rough day - maybe things will get better today.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote