Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Christina, A cesspool is what they used to build in backyards before septic tanks or sewers came along, to collect all the waste from the house. Basically they dig a big hole in the yard somewhere, usually about 20' from the house, and line it with cinderblocks and gravel. There's a pipe that goes from the house to the cesspool. Somehow the cesspool is drained or dries up or something...I stopped reading about it at that point...TMI! Anyway, the house was built in 1956 and the sewers were put in in 1965. So we know there had to be one at one point, and the guy that lives behind the us said there was one. If it is not filled in, there is a chance that it could cave in and it's very dangerous. Not that long ago there was one that caved in in Staten Island, a landscaper was killed cutting the grass when he fell through! That's our biggest concern, is that it caves and one of us or the kids get hurt.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #17  
KAR

Afternoon everyone,
Hanna, sorry to hear that your day is not okay. Glad that you got an appointment to see your therapist in the morning. Hang in there sweetie!
Adah glad your scale is moving some for you. I know how discouraging it is when it doesn't move or it moves upwards. Glad it is on the downward slope. Keep up the good work!
Joan, I know what you mean about the running around. In fact,this morning I had to hurry up and get my walk/jog dvd done, get ready for the day and go to town to buy baseball pants and socks for the ball tournment this weekend. Then my dh and I stopped for some lunch right quick only to beat it home before the boys got home from their friend's house. I bet you we were home 10 minutes and they pulled in the drive. Glad you are getting your walks in. I thought wine was suppose to be good for your heart!
Hi to everyone else. Hope today is going along smooth for you!
Chat with you all later.
Have a great afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Mo- great job on thw weight loss, I know that really gets you pumped to see the scales move!
Lauren- I sure hope everything works out with the house.
Lawrence- Sorry to hear about the work stress level, it sure makes a difference in my eating when things are crazy at work. Try harder what great advice HA!
hope everyone has an awesome rest of the day!!
Woo Hoo one more day until Friday! We can make it.
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #19  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, getting ready to go away for the weekend. Gonna visit grandparents and friend who will be celebrating her birthday. I am also going to try and make it to Bush Gardens (Williamsburg, VA). I bought season passes and have hardly had the chance to make it there.

The sauce turned out okay. Actually it would have made a great base for my vegetable soup I make in the winter. Not sure why, didn't taste as much as a spagetti sauce. Maybe I'm used to the jar stuff, lol.

Hanna- big hugs to you SUPERMOM!

John- Your story was very touching, like RR said, especially to those of us with those special children.

Everyone, have a GREAT weekend.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #20  
KAR

Alicia hope you have a nice weekend! Enjoy spending time with your family. Especially your grandma. Hope you get to go to Bush Gardens. I have always wanted to go there. Maybe someday I will get there!
Hope everyone is having a great day!
I better go and get ready to go to work. I have to stop at the gas station and think about something healthy for dinner too!
Later,
Kerry
Old 07-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #21  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I posted some updated pics of nevaeh in our photo section
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I'm going to Bush next weekend when I vist my mom.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #23  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Michelle, she's beautiful...and has quite an attitude! Love the pic of her and Jess though!

Alicia, Have fun this weekend! The sauce will taste better the longer it sits!

Well, there was a cesspool and they're 99% positive it was filled in/abandoned when the sewers were hooked up. He couldn't get the camera in the piped to camera it, and everywhere he probed, he hit stone, rock, or gravel. Turns out the "sink hole" in the yard was from a former owner that had an above-ground pool that settled a bit, or something. The guy across the street said there have probably been at least 5 owners. The people before these only lived there a couple years. So we're good to go...even though I'm out about $350. for the work. But it's piece of mind for my family.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #24  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all, Just a drive by posting!! Cassie is down finally but there is no telling how long she will stay in her bed. She's been having issues the past couple of nights. I think she might be teething. Poor thing still only has 6 teeth. And wants to eat exactly what we eat. Forget baby food. Don't even open it up. She will hit the spoon away if you try to feed it to her. She seems to be doing OK chewing (or gumming!) so I let her have what we are eating.

Lauren: That's cheap for the peace of mind you now have re: the cesspool. At least you know it's safe to be in the backyard. How's your mom? I'm glad she was better able to take care of herself after she got some pain meds on board.

Hanna: Hugs to you. I hope things have settled down some.

Ooops, I'm being paged. Hello to all I missed!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Wow, how busy today has been.

Mo, enjoy your vacation next week! If you get the chance, stop by a library and use the computer if you need a "fix" of us.

Lauren, Yea, no cesspool, bummer about the money. have you heard about the jobs?

Everyone else, I worked both jobs today and am exhausted! Night all!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #26  
KAR

Evening All,
Just a quick drive by to let everyone know that I survived my first night of my part-time job. It was a little nerve racking at times, but I got the hang of it rather quickly. I am a little tired and think I am going to go and read for a few minutes and then off to bed I go. I have to go pick up my paycheck from my full-time job tomorrow morning. So have the alarm set for 8, I will get a workout in, get showered and dressed for the day and out the door I go to get my paycheck. Then it is off to the bank and to pay bills. What fun that is going to be!
Talk to everyone tomorrow. Have a great evening!
Later,
Kerry
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I am depressed. Dh and I are fighting again. I just want to go back home to mommy. Sorry, I know most of you have worse things going on (Hanna ), but I just don't know how much more I can stand.

Goodnight,

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Default yeah get some!!

I just finished up a 2.5 mile walk a mile @ lvl 4 on the cross country machine for 15 mins. I couldn't do a whole 10 mins last week. I did 2 set of suicides using the parking spaces in front of my house. An I did my walk 2 mins faster then I have been! I also got my push ups and crunches in. I would have gone more but I have 14 to 16hr work day tomorrow as I'm all by myself.

I am ready to go AGAIN !!!

AN I swear ladies I don't know how you all put up with us men. I had yet another guy yell at me this time it was hey sexy. It must have been my pink shirt I use for night time walking. I swear just cause I were pink don't mean I wont stomp a mud hole in his back side.

On the other hand I want them to keep it up cause it FIRES me up even more.

If I didn't think I'd wake the neighbor I'd SOOO be Rooster crowing atm.

I may not get a chance to get on tomorrow so I hope everyone has a great op Friday!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote