Old 07-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #1  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

Question looking for like minded chat buddies.

Hi, I am new to this site and haven't made many posts....yet. I am wondering if anyone out there is feeling the same way as I am. I am 35, 5'4", and weigh around 200#. I was very active when I was younger, gained the college 15 and then some. Next, I started a family and had 3 children inside of 4 years. I gained about 75 pounds with the first and never lost it.... it has been 10 years now, which is almost 10 years to long. I feel very overwhelmed with trying to be the best mom, wife, and everthing else that comes with life, that I get really lazy when it comes to taking care of myself, at all- and very rarely first. Normally, I have a very "up-beat" personality, yet get down on myself about my weight. I know that I am so much more than what the scale says I am, and I am trying not to be so judgemental of myself, but it is time for change!!! I have had enough! My goal is to reach 135 and be healthy, active and proud of myself again.

I am looking for like-minded people to share this time with, the trials and successes! Please post if you feel the same. I would love sharing ideas and support. Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey Sonie, there's a newish little group of us under the Miscellaneous groups. We all have a journey of approximately 70lbs. I think you would like our little group. Personally, I too have three kids and relate to a lot of what you've said. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards. Good luck!!
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Sonie! I hope you find somewhere that you'll feel comfortable here at 3FC! I'm sure you will!

In the meantime, please feel free to join us on our Daily Chat thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #4  
KAR

Hi Sonie,
I can relate to everything you had to say. I am 34 years old, 5'4 and weigh 228.5 pounds. I am a wife and stepmom to 3 kids. Plus I am a Special Needs teacher to 6th-8th grade students. I gained alot of my weight during my college years and during my first three years of my first teaching job. I would try to lose and then get discouraged and quit. Then I meet my husband and his three kids and fell in love. I came to the realize that I was hurting myself one day when we were at our local county fair. The kids wanted me to ride the swings with them. But I couldn't because I couldn't fit in the seat. So I started to lose the weight. Then life stresses placed demands on my time and I put myself on the backburner. But now I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I was down to 195 pounds two years ago and gained 30 of it back. My husband is not always supportive of my efforts and that kills my motivation at times. So I am looking forward to having someone to chat with and get my life back in order.
Chat with you later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:52 AM   #5  
finding me again

Kerry~ I know where you are coming from. It is almost comical, but my husband will decide that I buy too much "junk" food for the family so I will go shopping and buy lots of fruits and veggies. The first question that he asks is, "where's the chips and snack food?" It is soooo frustrating. He tends to go up and down in his weight, but his work helps him loose it when he wants to. He lost 20 pounds in 2 months. I HATE that. He also loves to do his weigh ins when I am in the room w/ him. I also love the "pep" talks that consist of "no one can do it for you, but you" but always has a reason for me not to go to the gym or on a walk in the evenings. (got to love the fact that he joined my gym, so that we could work out together, but since he joined....4 months ago- we have been twice.) YIKES!!! How time flies when you procrastinate.

Congrats on the 32 pounds. I know how much work and dedication it takes. I am just getting back onto a plan and am considering DR. Stillmans. (kind of like a stricter Atkins) My MIL lost 12 pounds in 3 wks. So far not good though, had a pepsi for breakfast and anouther for lunch and baked chicken nuggets for dinner. I am pretty sure none of those are on the "list." In the morining, it is going to be back to business.

Sonie
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Sonie,
Good Luck, I know gettng back in the swing of things is tuff. I can relate too. I was on Weight Watchers 4 years ago and lost 103 lbs. I was 132 lbs. and am 5'3 I got pregnant and boy did I gain. I was on an eating frenzy. I gained almost 80 lbs. After delivery I couldn't seem to get back on track and here I am 4 years later trying to get it together. I have now been on WW for 11 weeks and have lost almost 30 lbs. Weight Watchers really works. It's nothing fancy just eating right and exercise. No expensive foods to purchase or strict limitations on things most of us could not give up for a life time (Bread, Pasta, sweets I know lots of folks have lots of diets that work for them. Heaven knows I have tried them all and WW seems to be the best at teaching portion control, balance of all the food groups and great support. Something to look at but which ever you choose best of luck to you!!
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #7  
finding me again

Default Tiffanie

Tiffanie~ I have a few friends on WW and they all say that it is a great plan. Do you do the @ home plan, or do you go for weigh ins? Not sure I have the cashola to join, but I know that there are books to guide the way. I need to do some research on it. Heaven knows that I got some serious life style changes ahead. Thanks for posting. Sonie
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

I go to the meetings, They have several plans, you can do the monthly plan for $39.95 and have access to online as well as as many visits as you want. This is the most cost effective. You can pay by the week for $12.00 or buy 10 weeks at a time for $99.00 all of these prices are related to my area (North Carolina) so you might check to see in your area. One thing for sure I rarely go off plan because I know I have to step on the scales and be accountable each week. They are very encouraging and would never get on you for being up in weight but I so don't want that to happen
You can also check out EBay to get WW books and materials if you want to take a go at it from home.
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote