S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 7/14-15

Mornin' All!

Happy Saturday All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! Well, DH is on the way home..He should be here for 4pm and has to bring #1 to soccer for 5pm, pick up #2 from a friend(she stayed with someone here)and then come home..The ole grindstone is back!!

Ok--off to go to the museum with K..I have to run cuz she is on her second cup of coffee before I finished my first--Hmmm..what is wrong with that???

Hanna--Take care of yourself..Just maintain now..
Sheila--

Ok--everyone have a great day!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #3  
LBH

Quote:
she is on her second cup of coffee
And you wonder why she's got soo much energy?!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  

Happy Saturday To All!!!!...i Am Going To Post A Very Long One Cause I Have Been Only Reading This Week And Not Able To Post...

First Off...congrats To All On Their Weightloss Successes...

Tamara...have Fun With Your Family...that Is Great They Are Wanting To Make The Foods You Are Wanting During Your Weight Loss..family Support Is The Best

Sheila: I Am So Sorry You Are Having To Go Through This...stay Strong, Your Kids Will Remember How Wonderful You Are No Matter What Others Say About You!...

Rr: Sounds Like You And Hubby Did Some "rekindling"..i Think That Is Great...i Am Also Jealous You Have Had Such A Long Vacation..im Sure It Was Needed...wish I Could Take One That Long...congrats On The Scrapbooking...can You Scan Any Pages?...i Would Love To See Them...i Scrap A Little..very Little...but Its Digital No Paper..i Think The Paper Ones Are Great And So Creative But Honestly I Have No Patience For It..but I Love Seeing What Others Have Done..have Fun At The Museum

Gg: That Sucks When Patients Do That..i Think (at Least At Our Office) They Expect The Drs To Be There Whenever They Choose To Either Call Or Come By...its Like You Wanna Just Smack Them Over The Head Until They Realize The Dr's Are People With Normal Lives Just Like Them...some People Just Dont Get It...im Sorry She Did That To You...were You Able To Get Some Time In To Spend With Your Pony Before You Go?..i Sure Hope So...i Thinkyou Are Moving Your Pony This Weekend, If So Have A Safe Trip And Check In When You Are Able

Dee: Thats Wonderful That You Are Able To Have Alittle Weight/exercise Room...i Have A Treadmill And Its In The Garage ; }...we Have A Weight Bench And Some Boxing Equipment Also, But We Dont Have An Extra Bedroom To Put Everything...im Glad Dh Is Getting Motivated..its Great When Someone Else In Your Home Is Trying To Accomplish What You Are...

Fanny: I Think Your Dh Needs To Talk To My Dh...flowers What Are Those???...i Dont Know How Long Its Been Since My Dh Sent Them...give Your Dh Lots Of Kisses...very Sweet Of Him

Karen: How Was Alex's Demonstration?...isnt It Funny How We Get So Nervous For Our Kids And Its Them Doing Something....im Sure He Did Wonderfully!

Ken: I Am So Inspired About Your Story...what A Huge Accomplishment!..i Read Your Story On Your Myspace..got In Through Mo's...did You Have Fun Shopping For Clothes???...wow A Man Who Likes To Shop...where Were You Before I Met My Dh??..just Kidding...congrats Again On All Your Accomplishments

Rx: You Ready To Go On Monday???...chin Up My Fellow Weightloss Companion...you Can Do It!...i Promise!...take Those Walks Again At Lunch Time, Grab Some Healthy Food And Stick In A Bag On Your Way Out The Door In The Morning And That Should Get You Started On The Right Foot Everyday...have A Great Weekend...and Again You Can Do It!

Hanna: I Am Glad You Got Clearance From Your Dr...like Everyone Else Has Said Pace Yourself And Take It Easy Till You Feel 100%...i Am Sorry About Your Son...i Hope You And Your Hubby Can Agree On What Is Best For Him..i Know You Love Him And Its Difficult What You Are Going Through, I Can Say You Are Exceptional People To Take On What You Have..please Dont Ever Forget That...your Baby Loves You, He Is Having A Difficult Time And No Matter What Just Love Him Back By Doing What Is Best For Him..i Know You Will...as For Me..thanks For Thinking Of Us...dominic Is Doing Well..i Havent Been Able To Talk To Him Cause Tomorrow Will Only Be 14 Days, However His Case Counselor And The Program Coordinator Have Both Called Me And Let Me Know He Is Doing Great...acclimating Himself Wonderfully To The Program And Adjusting Well With The Other Kids...i Was Also Told There Are A Few Kids There He Knows...big Surprise! (sarcasm)...but All In All He Is Doing Well...i Am Missing Him Like Crazy But I Have To Keep Telling Myself This Is The Best For Him, And That I Didnt Make The Choices To Get Him There He Did...once His 30 Days Is Up I Can Talk To Him And See Him All Day Every Sunday...the One Thing I Think That Is Making This A Little Easier Is That He Is In The Same City I Live..completely Onthe Other Side But Still Close You Know...cause The Judge Could Have Sent Him Somewhere Else Completely, But I Asked Them If He Could Stay Close...i Actually Think As Sad As It Sounds, Most Parents In This Situation Have Either Given Up Or Just Dont Care...so Keeping Him In The Same City They Were Happy To Do...good Luck With Ds And If You Need To Talk Im Here

Lisa: I Hope Today Is Much Better For You!...get Some Rest In Between Those Jobs Girl!

Joan: How Are You?...were You Able To Find Furniture?...

Lauren: Ok..you Are Much Stronger Than Me...if They Wouldnt Have Taken My Card At The Window I Would Have Gone In...and Got A Doughnut!...have A Great Weekend

Leigh: Sorry You Had To Spend Wasted Time On A Conference Call And Training...i Absolutely 100% Hate Training People...i Dont Know If You Were Training Or Getting Trained But...when I Am Asked To Train Which Is Often Cause I Am Higher Up..i Dread It...for Me, I Am One Of Those People That It Is Easier For Me To Just Do It Myself Then Sit There And Explain Then Watch Someone Else Do It...i Know Something I Have To Get Over...but I Am Glad You Got Through It..now Enjoy Your Weekend And Do Something Fun And Productive!

Mo: Im Sorry Your Feeling Sluggish...i Hope It Passes...keep Us Updated...hopefully Its Not The Meds And You Are Just Needing To Catch Up On Some Rest And Relaxation!...let Me Know I Fyou Need To Chat....are You Keeping Up On Eating?...taking Your Vitamins And Getting That Protein Shake In The Morning...those Are The Only Things I Can Think Of...take Care And Let Us Know How You Are Doing

Ok To All Others...i Hope I Didnt Miss Anyone...have A Great Weekend Everyone!..and If You Read Through This Long Long Post..you're Good!...bye All
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one!
I hope today is a great day, it is 86 degrees! I am going to take DS to the pool and sit there and watch, I am going to get a tan, I can't get in the water yet. don't want to catch an infection.
I am doing ok in the eating department this am. I do need to remember to drink a lot of water.

Christina sounds like you are on the right track, you are a good mom, your son made bad choices but you are doing the right things to get him back in shape. It is difficult but it is the right thing.

RR have a great time with DH! enjoy each other!

Lauren happy Saturday to you too!!!

I go to run!

See you guys later!
YOu are the best!!!!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #6  
LBH

Popping back in!

Christina, I did go in...they don't take it at all! The drive thru I usually go to, the line outside was too long, so I kept driving! I just didn't feel like walking back around the corner to my car, and back again...I was late as is.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #7  

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh...i need help big time!...i dont know what to do....ok do you all remember just in may when dominics football coach passed away...well today i found out one of dominics closest friends growing up (they werent too close recently but they are still friends, he is a few years older than dominic) passed away this week...he had sickle cell anemia and everyone thought he was alright but he wasnt...autopsy showed to have a clogged vessel leading to the heart...i am so upset... he was a great kid...but i am also upset cause i have no way of letting dominic know, and my goodness he has seen more death with people close to him in two months than i have in my entire life...i just dont know how he is going to handle it or how i am going to help him...i cant help him cause hes not able to be home...oh good ness...i just dont know what to do...thanks for listening
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Christina, can you call his case worker and let them know? Maybe the place where your son is at can "break" the news to him. I know you want to be with him, and due to the delicacy of the issue, they might let you see him. It is a thought. My heart goes out to you.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Christina - I think Lisa's idea is spot on. So sorry for the loss. What a shame, so young. BTW - before I saw this post I went to myspace to find your profile (looked back through the posts for the link) so I could add you as a friend. Then I saw the RIP. Sorry for the bad timing.

MO and Michelle - I sent request to be added as your friends too on myspace.

I know my page is nothing.....yet.

Hanna - Yes, DH and I are still living apart. I swear he does not want to leave Arizona. It is driving me crazy living in this basement!!! Thank you for asking. Sorry about Sean. What a hard decision. I know you and DH will do whatever you feel is best. You are both great parents!

GG - I cannot believe that woman with the cat emergency. OOOhhhh....makes me so mad. Why don't people realize doctors/ dentists/ vets/ pharmacists/ etc have lives too and don't live to serve their every need? Was it a true emergency situation? Is the kitty OK? Sorry if you posted that already. Hope you got to spend some time with the pony and that all goes well with taking him to your sister's.

Well, I gotta get some sleep. Work tomorrow.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #10  
LBH

Mornin'!

Geez, I feel like my day is 1/2 over! Been up since 5:30 w/#2. DH is working O/T today. Yay, extra money! I've had my coffee and my protein shake...somehow I'm still tired though!!

Kerri, Kick that DH's butt into shape and get him moving!!

Christina, I think Lisa had a great idea. I can't imagine that they wouldn't allow you to see DS to give him this news...or at least be there for him if they give him the news.

Confession...Yesterday when I went to CVS to p/u my happy pills, I stopped at DD for coffee (it was mid-afternoon!), becuase it's right on my way of course. And that stupid Key Lime donut popped into my head last minute and I ordered one. WHAT was I thinking?!

Off to find out why #1 is looking rather guilty....
Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello ....well let's see--DH got home and immediately #1 wanted to go see her friends--After vacuuming the house, mopping the kitchen(thus pi$$ing me off since I did it already and it made me feel totally inadequate)he left to bring her to friends..We then put both kids to sleep and just settled down to talk and have quiet time when #1 called to say her cell phone was stolen..Now it is fussing, calling AT&T who says their server is down until 11am(now it is 11pm)and don't worry cuz it is free weekends so we won't be responsible for the charges unless they make international calls--what an evening--Now #1 is calling, wants another cellphone NOW so her boyfriend can call but since this is #2 cellphone down the drain--I told DH I was not buying another but would pay off her contract without her getting a phone to teach her a lesson...Hmmmmm...kids..it is a wonder U have time to have more than 1???

Lauren--Keylime donut??doesn't even sound appetizing(hush don't tell me how good it was)

Christina--
Ok--off to break up the war between #2 and #3 and since it is thundering soo loud--have to provide emotional support to #3....
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..been a very long weekend. I worked yesterday and then spent my final day with pony. This am got up very early and drove my horse to my sisters in Columbia SC (about 2.5 hrs away). He did great at the new place...she found a very nice barn. Great pastures and the owner seems good. So i'm very happy...then we drove home. Just got back about an hour ago and have been packing more crap. God i can't wait until this is all done.

Hanna - i hope you and DH figure out what to do with DS...i know its tough. Hang in there.
Fannie - Actually the woman finally showed up at 3pm...and yes it was a true emergency...cat was having serious complications from pregnancy (was aborting) but was having serious troubles so had to do an emergency spay. Oh well some ppl just don't care about other ppls lives...they are selfish that way...sad part is that i'm very giving so i sometimes get taken advantage of...oh well such is life
Christina - prob a bit late on your answer, but i agree with Lisa...talk to DS couselors.
RR- sounds like your back to the grind...and i agree with you..i think DD shouldn't get a new phone...if she can't take responsibility. Make her earn it by doing stuff and then earning money to buy her phone. God i remember growing up and cell phones didn't exist...yet somehow we lived LMAO
hey to everyone else...its time to get back to packing...ughh! have a good night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

'lo everyone. We have had a nice weekend. Yesterday was DH's guitar jam so the kids and I went garage saleing. We got a couple cute toys, but that was it. Then we tried to go to a festival but it had ended so we went to a playground. Today DH went to another jam and the kids played outside in the sprinkler. It's so funny that Cassie will play in the sprinkler but she HATES the shower!

I did a dumb thing for dinner. DH wanted cheesesteaks, so I made them. They turned out huge and I ate most of mine. I hadn't eaten lunch and I was starving. I know better and now I am paying the price with a tummy ache.

Christina: I'm so sorry about your son's friend. I hope they let you talk to him. It would be easier coming from you. Oh, and Alex did fine at his demonstration. Considering that they changed weapons on us after we got there and the one they used he hasn't touched in over 6 months. And he's 4 so he was a bit wiggly!

Lauren: Hope the lime donut was yummy! I've fallen in love with Snapple's Green Tea with lime (diet). Yummy!

RR: Geeze it sucks that they weren't even home 24 hours before there were problems. I hope you and DH were able to get some good snuggling in anyway.

OK, watching a Dr. Who marathon with DH so I gotta go! Hope everyone had a super weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote