Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat Tues jun 5

hey all...well i'm back. Its been a long weekend but good. The house inspection went well. Only a few things that weren't really that bad. We do think we'll have to repaint the house first thing, but really overall the house is highly livable. No major repairs. It does need to be updated, but we'll do that slowly as we live there. I would also like to try and get a fence put up asap for the pup but even then, the yard is a 1/2 acre...so she'll love it. DH and i are very happy and excited about the place since it was really the only place we looked at that didn't need major repairs or that lived in a neighborhood where the builder looked like he had no clue how to build houses. Here's the realtor site with house pics for those curious. I LOVE the front porch. I definately need to find some comfy rockers, since i think i'll be enjoying morning coffee out there.
http://helenmorris.atlantarealestate...ort=8&Cookies=

I will try to catch up on post this week. Hope everyone had fun. I did horrible eating wise this weekend. But at least sunday i got a large amount of exercise in. DH and i went to downtown ALT and went to the botanical gardens and then walked for miles around piedmont park. We had fun.
got to run for now. Going to pick up my puppy from the pet sitters and then take her for a walk before work. Bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

GG, LOVE the house!! LOVE that porch!! I'm soo happy for you! When do you close?

We are going to counter again today.

Need more coffee, not much else to say.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

we close on the 20th of this month. Good luck on your counter. And yes...i love the porch too. I think the porch sold me (pathetic right). I could see spending nice mornings out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Congrats on the new house gatorgal! I think I'm going to be stuck in this little bitty shoe box forever. It seems like every time we get one thing paid for, something else comes along. The good news is, it too sits on almost half an acre so the doggies love it.

Well gals, I'm off to a great start. I didn't count calories yesterday, but I'm sure I did much better than I've been doing. So, I'm happy about that. Also I walked yesterday morning, last night, and again this morning. Luckily it seems that most of the neighborhood dogs (that are running loose) seem to be pretty sweet. The male pitbull at the end of the block makes me kind of nervous though. I carry a cattle show stick with me when I walk (big fiberglass stick with a pointed end and a pointed hook on the end) but he still makes me a little nervous, especially since my baby boy is in the stroller with me when I walk.

I hopped on the scales this morning and while I was disappointed to find that I've found 7 of the 10 lbs I'd lost I was glad to see that it didn't find any friends along the way. So, the good news is, I'm still under where I started.

We're taking a family vacation to Ruidoso, NM at the end of July. I'd like to loose 15-20 between now and then. I know that is really ambitious but I think I can do it if I make my mind up to do so. I know it's not the slow weightloss I should be aiming for but once vacation is over, I'll slow it down and take it off slowly.

How's everyone else doing today!! Be sure and take the time to look at the pics of Gatorgals's house it's gorgeous! Have a great one!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #5  

Happy Tuesday!

Gg: Congrats On The House...i Love It...and Yes The Porch Would Have Sold Me Too!...i Am So Happy For You

Lauren: Good Luck On The Counter...i Hope It All Works Out For You

As For Me...just The Same Old Same...i Lost One Pound This Week..which I Guess Im Happy About Cause Its A Pound..but I Do Want More..i Was On A Role Then So Much Happened I Just Need To Get Back Into Everything...ive Been On The Treadmill Alot This Past Week So Hopefully I Will See More Results On Monday...i Do Know I Need To Get Back To Getting All My Water And I Think That Alone Will Get More Weight Coming Off...so Thats About It....i Hope Everyone Has A Great Day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, I can see why you love that house. Congrats!!

Lauren, I still have fingers crossed for you.

Happy, The reason the trainer suggested laying off the cardio is because you are using the same muscles the same way. They need to rest. It is optimal to do cardio everyother day and different exersizes in between. You should also take one day off Just to rest your whole body. Hope this helps.
I agree with you I am not a morning person either. I would be snapping peoples heads off. Can you go back to bed after Sean gets on the bus? That's what I would do.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning. Nothing much happening around here today. I need a low-key day. Yesterday was spent getting a booster seat for Alex. DH went to work with the car seat in his car and we had to go to Karate class. MIL stayed here with the kids while I went out. Exciting day, huh? LOL. Today I am catching up on the laundry. Finally. I've got the last load in the washer.

Lauren: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope it works out.

GG: Oh those porches!! What a wonderful bit of property. I love it. I bet you are super excited!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning all!
Lisa thank you for the reply! I totally understand what you mean!

GG I LOVE IT!!!! what a great house! I wish you lots of good news!!! and lots of great timees in your new place!!!!

Lauren I will keep my good luck!!!

Joan how are you doing with your place, how is the packing?

Charistina congratulations on the one LB. that is great!!!!

4me you are doing fine, just stay positive!

Hi Karen! have fun day today!

I am on my way to the gym!!!!

Will check later!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

GG: OH I LOVE IT! Beautiful! It's soooo grand and airy and lovely! Don't trip too much about the eating bad...but get back on track once things slow down. I, on the other hand, have no excuses. I ate fried shrimp and garlic boneless wings last night and today I did good with a cup of soup...until that crazy oreo pie jumped in my bag....somebody should call the cops and complain about those oreo pies! Who's in charge of keeping an eye on them so they don't prey on innocents like myself!!!

Karen K: It took all day to get the booster seat? Whoa!

Lauren: Any word on the counter offer to the counter offer to the counter offers? You deserve that house! Who do I need to call?

Christina: Great on the pound babe! You lost and I found the pounds-THREE of 'um. Yeehaw...for you!

Lisa: I know you'll not buy what I'm sellin', but I'm not a morning person either!

Ok, I'm trying to attach pics of my first little house since everyone is talking houses.....I've put a couple on, but I won't see if they show until I post. There's a pic of the front and back, the backyard, and a couple pics of the kitchen because I love the color-it's accented with purple and white, which sounds weird but looks friggin' cool! BTW, yes...it's iddy biddy, but I guess that's what starter houses are eh? And hey, it's just me and the hamster so who cares! Oh, well there's my cellulite too...which has taken on a life of it's own.... HAHAHAHA

If the pictures are not there, just assume I'm dew deprived and send help fast.....in the way of a booty neked flamin' hot fireman!!!! YEEEEHAW!

Love all, MO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM0078.jpg (41.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0084.jpg (21.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0096.jpg (43.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0079.jpg (59.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0085.jpg (16.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by mjoste; 06-05-2007 at 01:40 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Melinda, your house is adorable!! Not sure about the red...but that's just me!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Lauren: Hey, thanks! Yeah, it looks red in the pictures, but it's actually a deep orange....which you might think is worse! Most of the kitchen is white-that's just 1 1/2 walls. So it looks pretty cool all together...but it does look kind of scary w/o the whole shot! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I have not forgotten about you, just been busy, but I have been checking in!
GG~Cograts on the house! It is very nice and I am a porch gal too, that would have done it for me!

Lauren~good luck with the counter offer!

Melinda~Your posts always make me laugh!! I did try the grass hopper drink out, it was OK, but it may need a little *tweeking* I'll keep ya posted!

To everyone else and hope you have a great day!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

well things are looking up i got to see the baby after an entire week me and jess still are NOT talking but at least i got to see the baby so i felt much better last night i'll check in later i just wanted to share the good news
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Melinda ~ I love the red! I painted one set of kitchen cabinets red. I then took black paint and distressed it so that bits of red come thru. Sounds weird to some but it sure looks great with our old fashioned black and white tile floor. Our new home has oak cabinets and one of the first thing that I intend to do is paint them. I love cherry and maple but when I see oak the first thing I think is what color to paint it... wood lovers out there have gotta hate me...

GG ~ I love the porch! I am a *huge* porch fan as every single place that we've ever lived has had a screened in one. Morning coffee and evening wine:-). Best of luck.

Lauren ~ let us know if they accepted your counter offer.

Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Michelle ~ so glad that you got to see the baby. Where is Jess and baby staying these days?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote