S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Chat: Weekend 5/5 & 5/6

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Top of the Morning All ~ good start today. Got up *on a Saturday* and exercised. Normally, I sleep in until one of the kids wakes me. 7:30 is sleeping in for them;-). DH always gets up early for a long run. He just back from running and I'm going to fix breakfast. Hope that everyone has a GREAT weekend! May is finally here!! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey good morning people! I too got up and went for a run this morning. Feel good, we're goign to be running around doing our Saturday SHopping stuff. We're heading to Costco later on during the day.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..i had to get up and go to work this morning (no sleeping in for me). But so far its been a busy but good day. Now only 30 minutes left to closing....i'm keeping my fingers crossed i get out of here on time...have a graduation party to go to. I'm doing better today. Got rid of my migrane i had on friday. So we'll see. Eating wise, i was not good last night. DH and i sat down to watch a movie and had several margaritas (DH makes the best ones). But one thing...the margaritas actually got rid of my headache. I think its because my headache is partially due to stress and due to my stupid jaw/teeth grinding night issue...so it helped relax my muscles.
Anyways...hope everyone has a good day.
keeping my fingers crossed for rain...its been looking like it all day...but so far nada.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
really lazy day here, didn't get out of bed till 10:30 AM DH is home today!!!
had a cup of coffee and I did't touch the donuts DH and DS got earlier today!!!!
I will try to stay on track today! can't promise it, hubby loves to eat! and he is home all weekend, wish me luck!!!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hello eveyone- I got up Saturday and went to the gym and woke up with aqua aerobics LOL I took Liam to work with me later in the day - we had my school's 50th birthday open day. It was a chance for previous students to look at the photo memorobillia and revisit their old classrooms and reunite with past friends. It was a great day!

I woke up this morning (Sunday) with a sore throat and hardly any voice. Gotta love Liam he wants to take me to the doctor, I think I will drive to the pharmacy and see if I can get something over the counter.

Have a good weekend all!
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good evening everyone . it is still saturday night here. i have had a busy day . woke up at 7am took my 4yr old to her dance class then went to Zellers to purchase a new car seat for my 1yr old . after wich the entire family went for a haircut. when we got home , hubby openned the car seat box to his [B]SURPRISE[B][B]no car seat . the box was full of kites and other toys ; so he called Zellers to find out what was going on , not to mention he was afraid to drive all the way back in and get an argument from them. The customer service agent was amazing , told him to bring it back and since there wasn't anymore of the same we bought she would give us a 30% rebate off whatever one he picked plus gave us 10 000 pts for the inconvenience. i thought that was pretty nice and she did not give him a hard time whatsoever . now he is gone to have a few drinks with his friends and i am just about to get the kids ready for bed.

and with all this running around today i have been a good girl in the eating department . Hope everyone is having a good day .

annette
chocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. Things are good again on the homefront at least for now. Thanks, Joan, for your kind words. And yes, he is still in AZ to sell the house. I worry so much about him being alone with all of his health issues.

GG - Did it rain? I hope so. I know how endless dry spells can really get annoying. Hope you got out of work on time!

Have a great evening!

KErri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone! We had a garage sale today. It was our whole Ward (my township is huge and is split up into wards). We made a whole $10. And spent $21 at others on my block!! Oh well, it was fun and almost everything we didn't sell is on the curb. So, my house is a little less cluttered. And I'm bushed.

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #10  

mum - hope you feel better
kerri - nope...not a freaking drop of rain...ugghhhh *starts doing her little rain dance in hopes that something will work*. At least we aren't as bad off as florida..the wildfires have started again...but we are in a moderate drought....god i want rain..well at least pony wants rain.
karen oh well about garage sale at least you had fun.
alright guys i'm off..night.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #11  

woohooo...well i guess my lil happy dance worked. It rained all last night. now maybe my poor pony will have some grass. Anyways, hope everyone is well. Just thought i'd say happy sunday am.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope everyone's weekend is going great! Mine's been pretty good. After school yesterday, I met DH & the boys at a playground. It was sooo beautiful out! Hung out there for an hour or so. I would've stayed longer, but DH was exhausted because he didn't sleep well...thanks boys. So we came home and DH plopped on the couch to watch a movie. I sent the boys out in the yard for awhile.

Remember that house that I wanted sooo badly and went and talked to the owner of back in the end of March? The one that was in atty. review? Well, I prayed soo hard that if it was meant to be, it would. Yesterday I got a call on my machine from the owner saying that they're supposed to close on 5/17 (which I knew) and the buyers keep canceling and she doesn't know what's going on. She wanted to know if I wanted to write up a contract with her!

Meanwhile, DH told FIL about the other house, the one I posted that we went to see last weekend and was really nice. FIL said he knew and liked the location and was going to drive by the house. So I'm hoping he drove by it yesterday and will offer to help us with a downpayment. If we can get that one for the same price as the other one, we'd rather have that one, because it's a better location, blue ribbon schools, less work. But I don't know if they'll come down that much. Right now we have to wait to find out if FIL will help, otherwise we can't afford either!

GG, glad you finally got some rain!

Karen, at spending more than you made!

Chocco, welcome! Geez, what a story about the car seat. Glad they were good about it though.

Vanessa, hope you're feeling better soon!

Lekhika, Welcome! Where in NJ are you? I'm in Passaic County and Karen's in central Jersey.

Hi Everyone else!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All!

Beautiful sunny morning here. Nothing better than a May morning:-). I did really well eating wise yesterday. Hope that it continues again today as we're having company for dinner. I'm making vegetable fettucine. It's filled with asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, etc., etc... oh, forgot to mention the cup of heavy whipping cream;-). I'll post the recipe this week.

Lauren ~ I do hope that FIL comes thru for you... Hopefully, he'll love the house, neighborhood and insist that his grandsons go to those blue ribbon schools;-). We close on the new house June 22 and I cannot wait! I am so excited just thinking about the extra space we'll have. The new school looks amazing too. Lots of programs offered for DS that we don't have at our current school (and our current school is an excellent school). When you have a chance send me a PM with pictures of the house(s). Best of luck!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello All,

Well, we went to a couple more garage sales this morning! I got some cute toys for the kids for $1 each. Alex took some of his piggy bank money to shop with and got Cassie the cutest little kitchen. It's just her size and she has been playing with it non-stop since I got it cleaned up.

Lisa: I tried some saline that I have in a pressurized spray bottle that I thought would work like the netti pot. It doesn't. I'm going to have to get the pot thing. I'm miserable with allergies right now.

Lauren: I hope that FIL comes through for you guys! I will keep my fingers crossed. It would be so cool for you to have a house! How is your mom doing?

to everyone I missed. I have a little boy needing my lap. Hope your weekend has been AWESOME!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote