Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings Chat:Thursday Mar 22

Ok--the job is mine but it is $35,000 less per year and since I am sooooooo experienced with medically sick children(ie vents, tube feedings, trachs) I would be put with the really sick children..Hmmm....alone, more responsibility etc etc...I have no clue now--maybe I will wait until K is in school and no daycare costs etc etc..Ok..now I am talking myself out of it...
On the better note--I work only 4 hrs today and then going to see Sesame Street...what a day!!

OK--here is hugs to all the sick ones out there!! Hope everyone is better...
Running late again, so just a quick hello to everyone!!!
Lisa--there is alot of "changes" in my place of employement now--we have a new area built and constant contact with the MD's and lots of belittling, yelling, cursing etc to the nurses..I would lose my job if I recipricated..It just makes me mad that they are able to get away with so much...
Take care
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all a quickie for me too...sort of running late. ok all my energy wore out. I tried to get up at 5.30 this morning to work out again and once again almost fell asleep on the toliet so i went back to bed. oh well maybe i'll take a walk at lunch. Busy surgery day again..i'll check back later
hope those that are sick feel better
and btw lisa..i know you are just giving me crap..i don't take anything personally i'm a very sarcastic person myself...so i'll keep rubbing in the nice warm weather and you feel free to keep kicking or hitting me
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Girls,

Feel much better this morning. So much so that I got up can up and
walked ~ YESSSS! Feel so much better starting out the day with some exercise down.

RR ~ $35,000 less is a huge loss... however, where you work sounds awful! How soon will DS start school? It would be really nice for you to have the same schedule as her. That would make up for the loss of funds:-).

GG ~ You go, Girl! Down 4 lbs ~ excellent! It's got to be those little monkeys:-). They make me LOL every time that I see them.

House news... we've had the house on the market for three weeks and have had nearly 20 showings. That part is great but still no buyer:-(. Our agent told us last night that the first couple that made us an offer want to come back and look at it again. Come on in baby! I found "the house" for us and we went ahead and made an offer on it last night. It's in a great area, spacious, 14 years old, school is within walking distance, etc., etc... To go from living in a house that is 1080 sq. ft. to over 2,000 is gonna blow my mind! I'll just feel a whole lot easier about all of this once we get a buyer.

Hope that everyone has a GREAT day! Lauren I hope that you're feeling as good as I am this morning.

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Just got off the scale and I'm at 139!!! I'm actually in the 130s!

I haven't been there legitimately in while! I was there recently after the stomach flu, but that didn't last. I'm so excited! I haven't been eating at least 2 hours before bedtime...it's really been more like 4 or 5 since I go to bed so late. I'm reading Bob Greene's book. He says you should be a little hungry when you go to bed, so that you eat a good breakfast, and that's when your body starts consuming fat. Well, I really wanted my chocolate soy milk last night, but I just ignored it. At least there was a reward for it!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Great job flitter! That's so awesome!

Lisa~I heard on the news that we got up to 71 yesterday. I don't remember that. LOL Anyway it's supposed to be in the 60's today but there's a huge storm coming. Go figure huh? We'll be good after noon though. Yay! I love spring!!

I'm back on track today. I'm taking it one meal at a time. I had oatmeal with brown sugar for breakfast. I share it with The Man. He loves the stuff! I just have to make it through the rest of the day then I should be good. I just usually need to get one good day in and I'm ok. OK off to get ready to take mom to the doctor. Nothing serious, just a check up. Make it a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hi everyone........i missed the 4:30 am workout today.....i was just so tired and not feeling up to my usual standards.....but i'm doing ok...hope you all are too
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  

Hi

No workout for me today. I took the day off lol I helped to sort books out for our bookbazar at church - so at least I had a little bit of exercise. Oh - and I cleaned the boys´room. Well - that was like workout with my weights
Diet is going ok - Life is going fine - Everything seems to get better these days. Hope the same for you

RR whoa - that´s a lot of money you´ll miss. But if the work is really much better - maybe you should do it anyway Daycare is expensive - I do know this - I was so glad when little boy came to school.....

Mamabear good that you´re back on track - go girl!!!!!!

My problem is eating in the evenings......I need to get better. I use to go to the kitchen to see what I´ve got in the fridge. Not that I am eating then but I know I want to....... Sometimes I make myself a little hot soup or have an apple. I don´t watch much TV but I read in the evenings and I do love it but the cravings are there nearly every evening. Any suggestions, ladies?

See you! Hugs, stay healthy! Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly it got up in the 70's in Findlay. We were high 50's. I agree, Spring is my favorite season.

Post more later.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #9  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Thumbs up Good day all!!

RR: That's a big money cut, but life is too short to live in misery at ur job! Give it some more thought!

Joan: Way to go gurl!! i'm feeling inspired to walk now! Also, hope all goes well with the offer u made on the new house. My husband and i are in the real estate business, so i now u can get stressed with the waiting!!

Flitter: WOW!!!! the 130's! You go gurl!!! I don't think i've seen those numbers since elementary school!lol

MOlly: Glad ur on track today! One day at a time and we can all do this!!

Kirsten:
On eating at night; Try bushing your teeth and flossing. Sometimes that keeps me from eating......ok i did say SOMETIMES!!!!

I'm having a good day....staying motivated pretty good.. you ladies are a lot of help. Just reading ur post makes me feel uplifted and more in control of myself. Prayers for you all and keep up the good work!!

Tina in Texas!!
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning! Not a lot going on here today. I'm toyally dragging and I'm not sure why. We slept in this morning, maybe that is it. I'm supposed to take DS to a craft activity this PM, but I'm trying to think of a reason not to go.

RR: Whoa! That is a huge paycut. Doctors can be such JackDonkeys! I'm sorry to hear that things are like that for you.

Tina: Where is Chandler? I'm originally from the Dallas area.

Kirsten: I wish I had an answer for you on the evening munchies. Maybe some popcorn (lowfat, of course) or some sugar-free gum?

Gotta go. Little one is asking for a story. to those I missed.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #11  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Karen,
Chandler is about 10 miles west of Tyler, TX. So I am about 1 1/2 hours from Dallas. Love to shop there!
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning Gals, Late start for me today I am on vacation. Well if you want to call it that. It is weird not hearing all the daycare kids but getting caught up with my books is finally done.....

Kristen- I have that problem or should I say did. I even went to doctors but I sleep walk and sleep eat, sounds crazy but I used to be a size 5 and ballooned to a 16 literally with in months. I found not only brushing teeth and flossing but using very strong mouth wash and drinking a glass of H20 if your bladder can deal with it. The bladder thing really helped. In the evenings I wash baseboards or when it is nice work in the garden it does work good luck!!
RR: Well I know how you feel on the paycut. I took a 30,000.00 paycut last year. My husband took a job and it consists of being gone mon-fri but the pay doubled. I had to dealing with my two teenage boys and my young daughter who is chronically ill all of the time. I adjusted it was hard the first few months, but I love it now. Don't get me wrong I am still busy running my daycare center but I am not to the point I am running with my head hanging to one side. Do what makes you happy!

Flitter: Great Job! I am so excited for you. That not eating before bed does work. Keep it up Girl!

GG: You go girl, Don't you wish we had the energy of kids!

I want you all to know how welcome I feel I wish I would have known about this site sooner. I will tell you all this. I thought once I started loosing weight I would look awesome, well now that I have lost a good chunk I all of the sudden looked in the mirror and there was this roll. I thought OH CRAP I have gained when in fact I had lost but my weight is shifting. So I was talking to one of my friends who lost 186 pounds yeah! She told me about every 10-20 pounds you notice more rolls then they disappear. I went from two weeks ago no rolls to a roll crazy! I love spring and I am starting to bike ride. Here in Wyo, you can bike ride on day and have your snow boots on the next. Everyone have a great day! ~Sheila~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Feeling much better today! Thanks for the well wishes! Unfortunately I'm also starving. Had some pancakes with cottage cheese in them.

RR, I think I'd stick with the hospital if you can handle it for another year and half until K is in school, then switch!

GG, I think almost falling asleep on the toilet is a good reason to go back to bed! Congrats on the loss!!

Joan, congrats on finding a house! I hope you get it...that's practically doubling your space, huh? Sorry you're feeling crappy today.

Flitter, congrats on making it to the 130's!!

Kirsten, no suggestions from me, I'm bad with nighttime munchies, but it sounds like you've got it together eating an apple or a little soup! Better than icecream, right?!

Tina,

Sheila, Congrats on your loss!! Thankful to hear you don't have Cancer.

Melinda, were you here when I was telling my b/w tale? I give them one chance and that's it! If they don't get it, I'm outta there...or at least on to someone that knows what they're doing! "Like a stripper on a pole"...hmm...

Karen, see, I told ya' it was yummy!! :eat:

Michelle, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I'm sure the shower will be fine and she will appreciate it no matter what. You still haven't told us how you got the broken rib?!

Molly, on the crappy comment!

Lisa, I asked DH to bring ginger ale home yesterday and he forgot it on his desk. Good thing I was starting to feel better by the time he got home, but man, that would've tasted soo much better than water.

Anna, Sorry about the whale watch, did you know you suffer sea-sickness?

Hi to anyone I missed...I'm off to clean some more and sanitize this place!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #14  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Thursday Lovelies!!
RR- I loved Sesame Street as a kid. I always feared I'd find a friend no one else could see like Snuffleopogus. Poor Big Bird...Hmm. I wonder if it's the same Sesame Street we're talking about here? Otherwise I may well sound like a crazy person.
GG - I'm impressed you can fall asleep on the toilet without falling over! If you were that tired maybe it's for the best you didn't workout. Nice job on taking a walk!
Joan- I hope you find a buyer. The real estate in my city is CRAZY nowadays. I know that stress well enough!!

I have a major stressor in my life today. My current BF is wonderful. His son moved in with us a few weeks ago and is truly great to be around. We get along really really well. I think I'm closer to his age than his dad's. I am wildly freaked out though, as his mom is coming to dinner tonight. She wants to see her son's living arrangements. She's just the sort of woman I'd be friends with, but it's soooo weird. (The BF unthinkingly invited her without asking me.) What a weiner. Hahaha. Anyways, I was thinking of faking a seisure or something so I wouldn't have to be there. Jeebus. Anyways. I will try not to sweat profusely and drink a box of wine at the dinner table.

Okay there is my little worry. I hope you all have a great day and I shall post tomorrow hopefully not with gigantic hangover and single. hahahah
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello all. I had a stellar day yesterday. I went to the mall to get out of the house and stopped by lane bryant. I saw these pants in a size 22 that I loved and were only $10!!! There was not another size in these pants on the rack. But I haven't been a size 22 in years (been a size 26, 24 if lucky). I thought, what the hey? I tried them on. Now, they were too tight but I could zip AND button them. OMG!!!!! I could button them!!!! It used to be I could barely get them pulled up over my rear. THEN, I went to another plus size store and saw this shirt I absolutely had to have. It's beautiful. Black, button-down with lots of tasteful colored flowers embroidered. I took a 2x and 3x to the dressing room. Now, I am very pear shaped so 3x is usally all that will go over the lower half. I ususally cannot even look at the 2xs. 3x was way too big. I tried the 2x on. Again, a bit to small at the bottom, but it did button. I can wear it open with a cami underneath until it looks right without. I am sooooo excited. I don't know if I've lost any pounds since I don't have a scale, but I don't care about the scale right now.

And yes I know it could just be a different cut, but it was 2 different stores and I know what size I usually wear at Lane Bryant. I will not think about that. I have either shifted weight somewhere or actually lost some. I must find a scale.

I'm so glad everyone is feeling better. I will check-in late tonite to see how everyone's day has been. Sorry I can't respond to everyone personally now. I am running late to work.

OOHH...it's raining today too. What a great day!@!!!!!
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote