Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #16  

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! Again it is so great to read everyone's postings! I have to tell you guys I shocked even myself yesterday evening and went for a walk. Like I said I have to start somewhere and that was really the easiest. I was only out for about 20 minutes but I guess that's a start. Wish me luck that I don't find some excuse not to walk this evening. Also I think its a habit but i need not to snack in the evenings.
MOI MOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Default Gratitude

Anna...WELCOME! This is the best website ever for support. I certainly will help all I can if you need it.

Karen, Melinda and Kirsten: Thank you so much for writing back. I actually got out today and walked to the park with my little girl. We had so much fun playing tag etc and she wore me out. It was the first nice, somewhat warm day in a while and I can't wait for more. I will look into some yoga videos too that I can do when I'm stuck home. I used to have an exercise ball that I loved and used as my computer chair. It helped my posture and I actually think it helped my stomach muscles a little, but the kids popped it. I will have to get another one.

The Car Saga: Long story short, my husband is a car salesman and recently changed jobs. He had a demo car at his old job that he, of course, had to give back when he left. This new place makes the employees wait a month to get a demo. I guess, to make sure that people are going to stay. Really, it's not so bad. I am just a big whiny baby sometimes!

Have a good evening all. I feel better thanks to all of you and will keep coming back.

Wendy
focusedonchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon all. Just sitting here being lazy on my day off. Trying to find a shop to take my bike to get tuned up.

For all of the hypothyroid sufferers......thyroid meds are aborbed best when taken on an empty stomach. Jusy an FYI, empty stomach is 1 hour before eating or 2 hours after eating. So, if you can manage mid morning better than 1st light, take it then. Also, don't take them within an hour of anything with iron (i.e vitamins). But if you have been taking them for years and have stable levels, you probably shouldn't change your habits. They have just found these little tidbits out within the last couple of years.

Welcome to Anna, you will find good people here. Non-judgemental people which is very important.

GG - I think taking care of that horse should count as exercise! Especially if you're hauling manure to bfe.

Well, I hope you all have had a wonderful day. Will check in later
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Wamtam, my mom had her galbladder removed. She cant eat really spicy foods. She felt a whole lot better after having it removed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings All!

I have been one bad girl today! Unlike GG, I hit the snooze button this morning... got up 30 minutes later to hit the shower and have been going ever since. Going here, there and everywhere; all three kids had dentist appointments this morning, afternoon swim lessons for my two little girls, laundry, keeping the house in good shape for a showing this afternoon, etc., etc... In other words, life. It's now 5:00 and I'm exhausted. I could kick myself for not forcing myself to get up and exercise this morning as it makes me feel so GOOD all day long.

I've eaten sweets today and that only adds to the tiredness. Back on track tomorrow...

Wamtam ~ I had my gallbladder removed three years ago and it hasn't affected my appetite at all (unfortunately!). I love spicy foods. It's hard to believe that I'm fat as I'm a real food snob! I think that Karen mentioned that yesterday and it made me laugh. Sweets, cheese, bread and potatoes are my biggest downfalls. I've never liked fatty foods and rarely eat anything fried (No Paul Dean for me;-). I rarely eat fast food (although I do swipe the kids french fries). My problem is that I eat way too much at each meal and I "graze" in between meals.

So, tomorrow is a whole new day everyone ~ let's make it a great one!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #21  

I too have not been good. I finally opened my Girl Scout cookies and had a double serving (8 of them for 300 calories). I put them out in the big deep freezer again. Its cold out there so I am less tempted to go out there.

I am blaring my radio and plan to clean the house and dance to my music. I can only do this since my parents aren't at home.

Hopefully tommorrow will be better.

Lisa
Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #22  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone! I had a good day today! Eating was right on and I found out that there was a job available at Bryan's theater group in the office. They offered it to me! Woo Hoo! I'm so excited. The pay isn't much and the hours aren't a lot but it'll get me out of the house and interacting with other adults. LOL
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #23  

Molly congrats on the new job!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

hey all...today has been INSANE! When i got to work..all **** was breaking loose. We are dealing with all this pet food recall crap. Fielding phone calls from worried clients. We currently have two cats in the clinic that are showing some signs...one in severe kidney failure...that we suspect is due to the food. Its pretty scary...so we had a bunch of extra appointments and blood panels with all the concerned owners. In addition, we had several emergencies...so i'm sooo glad i exercised this am since right now i'm about wiped out.
hello newbies....hang in there...we're all here for support.
mj...i have a dun quarter horse(its a red colored horse with dark mane/tail and a dorsal strip and zebra strips..pretty cool looking horse). his name is Dunny (don't ask..he came with it) i mostly ride for pleasure but i ride an english style called dressage...and yes new fannies i definately count working out at the barn as burning some calories..however i've never quite figured out how many..i usually give my self 50-100 depending on how much extra work i had to do. oh btw...i did rub the screen for you..did it rub off a little on you to help with the motivation.
lol at karen...the visual of an upside down bit...btw..i was suburnan kid..my parents raised in the city...i too learned about horses slowly...i didn't grow up around them...started taking lessons at 13 and went from there.
hang in there irish..maybe tomorrow you won't hit the snooze. trust me i'm glad i was able to do some...it kept me eating on course today.

good job moimoi on at least starting with a walk...woohoo

okay..if i missed anyone i'm sorry..its been a very busy today..and i'm playing catchup..good luck tomorrow.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Excellent Molly! Sounds like fun! I don't miss the nicky picky office b.s. but I sure do miss the socializing at times. Congrats!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

btw mj...here's a pic of my horse if you really want to know what he looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4417.jpg (14.7 KB, 8 views)
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Just stopping in to say hi! Hope you had a great day...if not, I hope you have one tomorrow!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #28  
Trying Hard_2007

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I am excited to be a part of the group!

What I know about hypo meds is that it is important to be on the brand name synthroid and not on a generic. My doctor was adamant about that, and he swears by this as being very important. So, that's the first thing. I have also heard that you should take it on an empty stomach for absorption, and never with milk, as this counteracts the drug. Also, people with hypo should stay away from grapefruit...

As for gallbladder removal, I had mine removed several years ago and while I can still eat whatever foods I want (unfortunately), I do have a side effect...which is (disgustingly) called "Dumping Syndrome" - can you believe that is a medical term????!!!! I was mortified...but what it means is that without the gallbladder, things speed up when they enter your intestines and cause a very quick flush of the colon, rather than a normal pace...typically this is triggered by anything that you eat (especially first food of the day), but definitely by anything high in fat or grease. So, it's important to try to stay away from those things.

That's all I know...Hope I could be helpful!

Anna
annalperez is offline   Reply With Quote