Old 02-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #16  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

good afternoon all!!

Lauren - I didn't do anything bad..... I am a Drug Chemist for the Virginia Department of Forensic Science. So, when one of teh "users" decides to plead not guilty, I have to go to court to defend my testing.... you silly ladies!!

MAry -

RXZ -

Kirsten - you truly are my inspiration.. I wish I had your drive and determination.

Karen - no on e else asked... was the bacon still good?? Now THAT would have been a shame if you lost the bacon!!

~Becky
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 176/174/142

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,

It's nice to meet you all and read your posts! I'm new to 3fatchicks but I'll be posting a thread to the 30 somethings bio in the next while. I'm 34 years old, single and with no kids. I went back to school and got my degree in Computer Science last year and first job wasn't a good match (understatement of the year!) and so I went travelling and now am back and doing career exploration. I just finished a month long career discovery course and now am setting up information interview, researching job titles and the like. In the past, I had a tendency to eat when I was stressed. Food has been my comfort in so many occasions. I'm feeling slightly apprenhensive about finding work, about not working (because I've always worked) and just life in general. My ex-boyfriend and I ... well, in summary, we got back together in the last few weeks and that didn't work out as of two nights ago. So, I came to the boards to turn somewhere instead of eating my hurt away. Wow, that's a lot of personal information. I'm generally healthy, life is good and I do have friends, but I don't always call on them for help.

I made it out to the gym this morning and that was such an energy boost. It really got me geared up for reading and researching jobs. I did about 25 (active not warm up) minutes on the bike which got the heart and a nice sweat going. Afterwards I did about 20 situps.

OK, here's my first positive change. It's a minor positive but thought I'd celebrate it anyway. It was around 3:30 PM and I hadn't eaten for about 4 hours. I had to go grocery shopping and I was SO tempted to buy those Swiss chocolate rolls or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. So, I chose to buy yogurt instead. I had frozen some slices birthday cake my friend made (all natural organic ingredients and without icing, more like a dry sweet bread). So I had some of that with yogurt instead. I know that's not a huge accomplishment like skipping the cake and just having the yogurt but it was a small shift for me because normally I would buy a whole package of something when I'm feeling emotional and eat right through it. I put the frozen cake slices (there's one more serving) back in the freezer so I didn't eat through the whole thing.

Anyway, thanks for listening!

Cheers,
Allison
DulceDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Allison, WELCOME!! Come join us on the daily thread for today!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote