Old 12-31-2006, 11:08 PM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Somethings: January 1st, 2007 (Happy New Year)

As the first one on continental North America to usher in the new year, I thought I'd get on here and start tomorrow's thread before going to bed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope everyone had a great time tonight, celebrating with family or out with the crowds.

More tomorrow.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Geez, everyone must be all partied out since I'm responding to my own message. I dropped dead shortly after my posting last night - I don't want my sleep schedule too messed up since it's back to the grind tomorrow morning.

True to my word, I reset my trackers (ugh) for my weigh in today and am back on the plan. It was very demotivating to see all the work I did in the fall was totally erased in a month's time. Did it surprise me? No - I've been totally out of control, especially in the last 2 weeks, so that's another behavior I'll hope to change by December 2007.

DW and I were shopping for treadmills the other day and we think we're going to "do it" this time. Lots of dollars involved here, but I think that the benefits will definitely outweigh the cost involved.

to all the newbies once again, and for all the people joining us for their New Year's Resolution. And a quick shout-out to all the other Cannucks who seem to have disappeared from the board.

Anyway, time to get some breakfast. Take care folks - It's a new year and time for new beginnings. Stay positive & stay on program.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! Partied until 1201 with DH watching Fox News!!! Such a pary animal but hey-knew who that kiss was comming from at midnight!!!

Time to get or stay on track with it being the New Year!!! Didnt make any resolutions except be nicer to DH..I can control the eating it is just that mean cajun temper I have!!!
Ok..off to get dressed and motivated...taking the kids to the zoo to wear them out!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, I did good. I went to a friends house last night. Only had 2 beers the whole night. That is pretty good for me, as I can down a 6-pack easy. I ate supper before I left(which was a downfall ...ham with onion rings and poppers
But, it is only one meal out of many. Back on track this morning.
The kids and hubby are gone to a family dinner. I decided to stay home and get some things done around the house before going back to work Wed.

Everyone have a great day!!!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #5  

Default Hello

I am a newbie and I am looking for some great support, I am originally from New Orleans but I am living in San Antonio, Texas now, I have been here 2 months, in May of last year I was diagnosed with congested heart failure, I am 36 years old, I need to lose weight and am really looking forward to sharing with you all. I have a question..how do you get the weight tracker ?
THYCKLADIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Thyckladie! The weight tracker can be found under the Usercp tab at the top of this page.

Well for my wi on Sunday I gained .8 lbs. Not really all that bad since I was making poor choises. I didn't weigh myself this morning like I wanted to, but since it has only been one day I am not going to fret over it.

Take care all,

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year, everyone! Great time for a fresh start.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

OK, so it's after 3pm on New Year's day and I'm just checking in. NO, I have not been sulking around hungover all day!! Had a fabulous time with DH last night. Went to Cheesecake factory, then a friend's house for a quiet get together, home by 11:00, got the kids moved to their beds and Robby asleep right at midnight. DH was just walking upstairs with a glass of champagne for me when I came out of the bedroom. Today my mom had a brunch, so been busy with family all day. Now everyone is asleep except me and Peter.

MaWhit, Yes, it's a great time for a fresh start!

Lisa, not bad, considering it's a holiday weekend of indulging.

Thyckladie, You can get a ticker here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

JennyW, back on track girl!

RR, I did not intend to be awake at midnight, because that's about 3 hrs. past my "usual" bedtime. Normally I would've been doing something similar to you!

RX, I thought about getting a treadmill, but A. I don't have room for it, and B. I can't afford it...and C. I don't trust myself to use it all the time! It would have to sit in the middle of the living room!

Alley, Hop right in and get back on the wagon with us all!

Shey, I used to have a husky/shepard mix, she was gorgeous. I miss her. Post a pic of Blue!

Hello to everyone else!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Happy New year to everybody. I didn't weigh in, spent the evening with friends, still wishin i had my new years kiss with hubby. I'll get it later on i guess.

But it's time for better eating choices and healthier living Hope everyone had a fantastic night
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #10  
Stephanie

Default Another New One!!

Hi everyone - I have been off and on the website for the past year and to sum it up here is my brief situation - Last January started at 145, we were going on a cruise May 3rd so I wanted to get to 120. I got down to 128 and after the cruise it all went downhill. I am a teacher so during the school year I take my lunch everyday and over the summer when I was off with the kids we were hitting Chik fila, pizza and all that fatty stuff!! Then the holidays came up and so did the pounds!!! Needless to say when I got on the scale this morning and it hit 154 lbs I was floored!!! I had not been on a scale since then but could tell I was putting it on but had no idea it was THAT much!!! Anyway I started over again today and know I can do it - just need the support!!! I started a mini Valentine's challenge on another board and hopefully I can make it!!! Thanks for welcoming me!!!
FL-MOM-OF-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/191/150

Height: 5'6

Hi, Happy New Year! - I'm new here. I've been posting over the week-end about my 20 pound weight gain in a week and a half! Argh! I've got Fibromyalgia and my recent medication loaded me up with fluids like a balloon! Yuk! I've only lost 11 of it. Also have obesity running in my family so have been battling my weight (and losing the battle) since I turned 30 with a divorce and 2 kids not much time to hit the gym. Did join local rec center though and am playing basketball twice a week with my son while my daughter is in gymnstics. Do ride my stationary bike a little when I feel up to it. I like the idea of a forum where I can feel accountable....am I welcome?
Thanks!
leelee028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

To all of the newbies! Of course you are all welcome. The more the merrier! Just be patient with us as we get to know you.

We had a very quiet, uneventful New Years. DH got me a new machine (Cricut for you scrapbookers!) for my scrapbooking for Christmas. I spent the night cutting out adorable itty bitty boxes and putting them together. It was so much fun.

I have a gazillion exercise shows recorded, a treadmill, weights and the whole neighborhood to walk in and I can't get my behind motivated to do them. I am going to try to get my hiney in gear tomorrow. DH will be home from work so he can go to the doctor. He was sick with tummy troubles all weekend. I hate to exercise in front of him. I feel so stupid with my boobs all out of control like that.

Come on chickies (and Rooster!) we can do this. We can do this. We can claw our way back onto the wagon. I know we can.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

oooooooooooh karen you got a cricut? COOL!! I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but I am a rubberstamper

I just saw an episode of TBL and cried the whole time. Maybe I'm just emotional with the holidays being done and being by myself. Last year this time I watched the marathon and cried my eyes out then, and was very motivated. I am yet again, but dangit i've spent the last couple of hours in tears reading/watching their stories.

Sheesh I need to get a life LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote