South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The "On Plan" Thread for the week of 10/26

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

Quote:
  1. Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
  2. This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
  3. Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
  4. While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.
Last week was a very good one for me, and my willpower seems to grow stronger every day. I know that as long as I plan what I'm going to eat ahead of time, I have no trouble at all staying OP. It helps to keep me motivated by coming in here and seeing how everyone else is doing, too.
Let's keep up the good work!

Last edited by beachgal; 11-02-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: To add the guidelines for the thread.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Here's my proof of staying OP:

I LOST 7 LBS!!!!

ME. Weezle. Lisa. Lost 7 lbs. During P1W1. I had WILLPOWER. I have no idea where it came from but it was THERE and it WORKED.

Play to see Ph1 through, with W2 starting this week. Lots of yummy things to eat!!! How's everyone else doing???
Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Last week was not good but I have started this week with a Laughing Cow, tomato and Ryvita breakfast with a pear eaten just now after the gym. I plan to stay strictly on track all week and WILL not eat any Halloween crud!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

GREAT work, Weezle!!! That's awesome news! Feel free to share the willpower, if you want...

I had a pretty good weekend. I did well with being mindfull of what I was eating and of my hunger, but I did overdo here and there, which I'm not happy with. Overall, things went well, especially since I was able to fit in some exercise on Saturday.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have recommitted to eating clean since I've gained a couple pounds since summer and have a health screen coming up next week at work. Hoping my cholesterol is even better than last year. Stayed strong over the weekend. Went out for breakfast yesterday with hubby and had a great omelet. It came with mozzarella cheese on it and I picked about 2/3 of it off. Why do they have to put so much on? Worked out twice last week, which is good for me. Now I just have to keep it up. I love SB eating!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Lisa. I'm so glad you're back OP. You were very present here when I first started in May, and your participation meant alot to me.

Me, I'm commited to another week OP. I had a very tenuous day yesterday. DH was in a super grumpy mood and our household was pretty "off". I felt so much like eating crappy and I just chilled out. It's times like that, I'm really happy that the cupboards are pretty much cleaned out of junk. There is his big bag of Doritos but I don't touch them 'cause I know what happens. I finally decided I would go to the store and that my "revenge" would be to cook him a very nice dinner. It worked for ME. I made a perfect OP dinner and it wasn't until I was outside this morning that I could really rationalize the insanity of emotional eating-taking out something on MY body by eating bad is the worst thing I can do.

At the store, I found some SF Oregon Chai, so I had a nice reward. It made a very nice after dinner treat.

I read in the Supercharged book last night. I have already started adding more dairy in, and I'm going to start tweaking my exercise today. I go to the gym early and I am going to walk to the pool (about 1 m) and walk in the intervals Dr A suggests.

I hope more join in this thread. I love the daily chatter, but my staying OP is my first priority. I feel so good right now but realize that staying OP is my only option if I want to continue losing weight.

Have a great week everyone! Week 26 for me on P2 almost 1/2 a year on SB!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Thanks for the cheers! And Debbie, that really means a lot. I'm glad I'm back OP too!

Here's some for you all! If I can do it with a skinny Italian boyfriend that eats carbs like they're going to disappear forever, you all can too!

Busy day at work so far. Just taking a quick breather. Be good!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

I realize that I can't handle any kind of baking even if its SB friendly. I made Debbie's carrot cake and it was delicious but ate almost half in one day. So I have to give it up and try to re-educate myself at a later date.
Going to freeze my yougurt today for dessert, will let you know how I like it.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
I realize that I can't handle any kind of baking even if its SB friendly. I made Debbie's carrot cake and it was delicious but ate almost half in one day. So I have to give it up and try to re-educate myself at a later date.
I agree. I'm the same way. Made some whole wheat pumpkin muffins last week and even though they didn't turn out very good, I ate like five! In one day! Can't control myself around anything baked.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #10  
Be happy.

Hey Debbie, Weezle et al - I loved reading about your successes! Keep up the good work.

I had a rough day today, though things are settling down now. The power went off during the night and it was so dark and dreary that I overslept big time! I wandered downstairs at the time I'm usually driving out of my driveway. I rushed around like a maniac and got to school just as the kids were coming in off of the playground. No shower, no breakfast and no lunch. *gulp*

I went through the 'emergency stash' I keep in my desk drawer, (V-8 juice, pistachios and sf hard candies) and nearly gnawed my arm off before I could head home at 3:15. lol I had planned to stop at the grocery store for an apple or yogurt but once I was actually in the parking lot I was afraid to go into the store. I wasn't sure I could trust myself not to buy and eat something junky. So, I drove home and raided the refrigerator instead.

I just finished a combo lunch/dinner and I feel good for the first time all day.

I need to restock my desk drawer - and add some things that will work for lunch. Just in case. In the past I'd get chips or something from the vending machine and call it good. I need a better plan now.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

OK I'm posting my Ph1 menu just for fun.

B: Fake sausage, fake bacon
S: Cheese stick
L: Refried Bean Soup
S: Pistachios
D: Veggie soup, Spinach Mushroom Mozzarella Supreme, cottage cheese
S: 3 pieces sugar-free candy (I KNOW, but less than 75 calories!)

I feel better putting it out there. It's nice to record it and have you all look at it. If I don't put it down on paper, so to speak, then I continue grazing. I'm done eating now. OK have a good night!!!!

Lisa
Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Weezle, I find it much easier when I post my menu. Let us know if you want comments or advice or if you just want us to be observers so you know you're accountable to someone.

Debbie and Sophie, I think it's great that you're aware of what works and doesn't work for you. But if you find that not having baked goods makes you feel so deprived that you cheat, you might want to consider some other options for baking and see if those work. I find that I do much, much better with baking if I make things in individual poriton sizes. I invested in several pans that allow me to make mini loaves, cakes, or pies. I use those to make things and have found that if I leave one out for my dessert and put the rest in the freezer as soon as they cool, I'm able to stick to one serving at a time and even forget about them for days. I'm lucky enough to have a separate freezer in our basement that I don't look at all the time. I also am one of those people where "out of sight, out of mind" is very true. If it's sitting on the counter, I'll nibble away at it for hours, but if it's hidden in the freezer away from my sight, I won't even remember it's there. Just a thought, though I totally honor your commitment to avoiding your triggers!

Lexxiss, this was SO wise:
Quote:
it wasn't until I was outside this morning that I could really rationalize the insanity of emotional eating-taking out something on MY body by eating bad is the worst thing I can do.
I did really well yesterday because my weigh-in was so good that I didn't want to jeopordize that hard work. In addition, my knees were hurting, and I know that losing more weight will help with that pain. I was surprised that it was so easy to stay away from things when I really had my reasons for weight loss at the forefront of my mind. Has anyone else found that to be true?

I also found that having on plan food that really tastes good can make you feel terrific! I had a fantastic heirloom apple (Cox's Orange Pippin...they are DIVINE!!! ) and an oz. of LF cheese for breakfast yesterday and it was SOOOO good!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heidi, I liked the ingredients in your "emergency stash." Today I remembered when I had that hungry carb crave late in the afternoon, I had a V-8. Thanks

Beachgal, I love Honeycrisps now! I, too, am motivated by scale success-I've chocked one more off
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

Enjoying the Honeycrisps daily too! They really satisfy my sweet tooth. We have one last farmer's market this weekend. I'm going to miss it. It's our Saturday morning ritual.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yesterday was an "in town for lunch" day and I avoided the dreaded Chinese Buffet in favour of a Wendy's salad with my quilting teacher. Today is another day with the same problem but I am going to make a lunch to take along. Eating in the car seems scuzzy to me so I will either use the staff room at the clinic or stop at a picnic table near a lake on the way to town.

That's the plan - now for the execution. I am going to make my lunch right now and put it in the car with my water bottle.

Dinner tonight will be a cup of veggie soup around six followed by a 6:30 reception before a meeting. I am taking fruit and cheese platter and know someone else is bringing veggies and dip so that will round off the meal.
Closed Thread