South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thumping Along Thursday

Good morning! is the prediction for today. I do hope "they" are right or I'll take my toys and go home! I really need to be outside for a while today. It's too early to be going stir-crazy!

Yesterday was hectic but it's over and done with. Today I have absolutely no "musts" on the schedule but plan to make my cookie doughs for the Saturday Church sale so I can just bake tomorrow. I was up way too early so am putting an afternoon nap on the To Do list.

How does your Thursday look from this early morning perspective?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

I'm just sitting down with my coffee, as I've been scurrying around getting some things done before I go over to Cindy's. Little Maggie was sent home early from school yesterday with a fever and throwing up, so we're keeping her home today as a precaution. We'll snuggle up on the couch and watch movies and read books all day.

I hope your weatherperson has the forecast right today, Ruth! I'm glad you don't have anything pressing to do so you can get out there and bask in the sunshine!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good thing we don't get smells through the Net! The dogs just let out terrible barks and howls and the whole neighbourhood smells of skunk. They are back in the house now and I'm sure they didn't get hit. Whew and phew!

Looks like a clear sunrise and should be a nice day once the air clears.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm very glad that smells don't transmit! I hope all your windows are tightly closed, Ruthie!

It must be skunk season, as I've seen an awful lot of skunks lately.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends,

Ruth, A nap is one of my favorite activities. It must be skunk season. One of my FB friends was having skunk issues yesterday.

Cottage, Lots of kids are sick around here, too. Auston's teacher told the kids to sneeze/cough in the crook of their arms. Auston grabs his wrist and pulls it so hard, he's going to sneeze in his arm pit!

Me: Gotta get through today. Tomorrow, I'm taking a day off. We're leaving for the beach when we pick Auston up from school. It's about a 5 hour ride. We'll be home Monday. Hopefully, we'll have some warm sunshine while we're there.

Tomorrow morning, I have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored. I've had to cancel two appointments. Tomorrow, I'll be SPICY!!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - hope the weather forecast is right and you have a lovely, sunny fall day. My BF's dog actually grabbed a skunk by the tail once and tried to bring it home. That dog had a real thing about skunks. They got very good at de-skunking him

Cottage - Poor Maggie, hope she feels better and isn't overly generous with her germs.

Chelby - lots of flu around here already too. I think most of us will have had it before the vaccine is widely available! Does Auston still like school?

Debbie - I know you are awake and playing with those dogs

I'm off to the parents for a few days again. This was a preplanned trip so should not involve any hospital visits. Tonight I'll get to have dinner with my parents and DD. Tomorrow we will all visit before we drop DD at the bus station to head back to Boston. My Mom and I are planning a thrift store run after that I hope to come back on Sunday afternoon so I will have Monday to catch-up at home before going back to work.

I had a mostly good back on plan day. My Mom is really good about having lots of healthy food available so that should help me get back to better eating. Their dog will make sure I get enough exercise

Looks like a lovely day for a drive over the mountains. I hope to return with some pictures to share

ETA - forgot to mention that I discovered mice have apple preferences. Apparently Honey Crisps are way more popular with mice than ginger golds, blue pearmain, or russet. And they decide by smell because nothing else even has bites out of it.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-08-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #7  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

mornin' ladies

my brain is still offline but i wanted to pop in and say.....

i lost 6 lbs in my first week! can I get a carrot dance? woot woot! uh huh!! lol

considering the grocery debacle last night and the fact that I have to work today and slept like complete and utter crap... this is very very good news.

Wish I could stay home and snuggle on the couch and read books... maybe bake something and eat honeycrisps (since the mice seem to like them) or get pampered and have my hair done... hopefully NOT smelling skunk. ;P see? I do read everyone else's lol

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 10-08-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi Ruth, enjoy your day at home. I hope the skies are sunny and your nap is warm and cozy.

Cottage, enjoy your snuggle day. I hope Maggie is feeling better, soon. Are you baseball fans with your home team in the playoffs?

Cyndi, safe travels. Enjoy your family time, OP eating and hopefully the waterfall. Funny about the mice!

Gothik, I'm glad to hear you have good weight loss to offset your awful day yesterday. I hope things work out for you with your State appt.

Chelby, it's about time you got your spicy look. You've been wanting it for weeks. I'm anxious to hear the outcome. Have a great day!

Me, just getting ready to go outside with "Bing", then time to get going on the day. I slept in which is always good. Mom has an appt with her car and I'm going to try a new class which is yoga using a chair. I tried land yoga but still had too much weight to hold on my little wrists. On my fun list is making up a big batch of Pumpkin Pie Spice then it's time to get ready to travel. We haven't been over the hill for awhile-it's time. Oh, and it appears Bing has a bit of separation anxiety. I'll need to start investigating that.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for all the support!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #9  

Ruth - I hope you have a wonderful day filled with sun. We've been wet for a week now and they're talking about another 4 inches and possible flooding followed by a beautiful weekend.

cottage - Sorry to hear Maggie is sick. We've got lots of swine here and are up to 9 dead in Dallas, I think. So far we've been healthy.

chelby - I love the way I feel with a fresh haircut and dye job. Don asked me the other day if I had gotten my hair done and I had to say "No, it's just grown out".

Cyndi - Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like fun.

Gothik - Congratulations on the weight loss. I wish I were closer to help with the food situation.

Debbie - Bing is so lucky to have you. Good luck getting past the separation anxiety.

Me - It's been a busy week and I've just manage to read but not post. Last week was the cub scout weekend camp. About 1400 people and lots of fun and rain. Then two days with no school and work so I let Brian have his friends over. I got to spend some time with Don and get a lot of work accomplished. I did get a workout in while Brian was at Faith Formation. 40 minutes on the bike and then Don called so we hung out at the hot tub. Tonight is Cub Roundtable. I hope the driving is safe if the rain is going to be as heavy as they predict. I'll be careful.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Not much Time new boss is a sphincter!
Debbie Love the name bing! What do you put in your Pumpkin Pie spice? Still hve to get you the apple bread recipe Tell us how the chair yoga goes theres a bunch of Chair exercise DVDs I ahve boxing and salsa
Gothik you rock!!
Cyn you're ahead of me in detox!
Chelb y ou will be Muy Caliente!
Cottage I hope Maggie feels better!!
Ruth I'm going stir crazy too Don't forget your gas (skunk) mask!
Im' going to a seminar tonight on how to have a Kick A** Life I'm excited!
Kierie
Old 10-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

It is a dreary rainy day here glad to hear some of you have sunshine today.

Ruth- that smell gets everywhere doesn't it- once the air clears enjoy your sunshine today.

Cottage- Sorry to hear Maggie was sick hope she is feeling better today.

Chelby- One more day and then you get to enjoy the beach, hope the weather is nice and warm for you. And yes it did scare me the thought of what could have happened to Mackenzie.

Cyndi have fun at the parents and hopefully this weekend will get you back on track with eating.

gothik- sorry to hear about your issues you are having this week, will be praying for you.

Debbie- Bing what a great name- I am going to go look at pictures after this, yesterday was so hectic I did not get to see.

Barb be careful driving out there, its the other drivers you have to watch out for.

Kierie have fun at the Seminar hope it is great and you learn lots of great things.

As for me today is busy as usual. But tonight only thing on the agenda is laundry, which is good since it is such a rainy day, it is supposed to rain for two days letting off by tomorrow night just in time for the football game.
I have been eating too much op but too much which is why the scale is not moving, tom is coming so I think I will do phase 1 for a couple of days on Monday and see if that helps.

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Hey everyone! Just want to introduce myself!!! I'm Heather, I posted an intro on the board, but seems like this is the hopping check in thread.
Today is kind of day 1??? But kind of not because I need to go grocery shopping, LOL. It's more of a phase 2 kind of day so hopefully this weekend I will hop onto phase 1.
My husband is doing this with me and I hope that makes a huge difference.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Good morning ladies.....or should I say good afternoon.......a few of you are very early risers I am up at 6:30 am but I have to get my girls up and off to school. Then I usually walk my dog, pick up the house, get ready for work and then once I am settled at the office I check in with you all!!

Still hotter then ever here.....weather man predicts 94 degrees will be the high temp today.....Chelby has me thinking that maybe I will take the kids to the beach this weekend.

Debbie I also love your new dogs name "BING" so cute!!

This past week I have felt so run down. My oldest daughter was very sick last week (negative for flu) and I am wondering if I am fighting it. I have never felt soooooo tired and I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night It is that TOM for me so maybe that has something to do with it.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC DAY!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

As some of you Might Know My Scooter has been out of Commission for 4 months. I got it back Today!! THANK GOD!
ok back to work!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #15  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

good afternoon, ladies!

more good news here... a very close friend of mine (so close I call him my brother) has agreed to loan me the $60 so I can apply for the medical assistance.

so after work today I stopped at the store and replaced the groceries that I accidentally left at the store last night. As a side note... who puts frozen groceries in paper bags??! they are lucky my bag didn't break. they never even asked me if I wanted paper or plastic. bah! stores. not my luck lately! lol

tonight I will get the online application done for insurance, look for some full time jobs and hopefully relax a bit.

I hope everyone else is having a beautiful day!
Closed Thread