Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 10:47 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Talking Alternachat-Dec 3rd onwards

Can anyone post an internet radio station that plays Christmas carols? It is only one thing I really like about this holiday. That and all the twinkle lights. Oh, and the ornaments, but only mine. Cause they bring back memories.

All week I have treatened no presents because of my childrens bickering. They are so nasty to one another. And it is no fun that I can't yell at the top of my lungs at them!

WE are going to Reno today to do my Christmas shopping. I also have to finish Rileys birthday shopping. He turns 9 on the 9th. Such a bad time for a birthday, a difficult age to shop for too. There isn't anything worthy to match a new skateboard his brother asked for. I wouldn't get him one, but he needs the excersice!

The realtor called yesterday and asked if we would mind closing escrow before Christmas. I told her, close tomorrow if you want too. They think the tenants are gonna skip on Decembers rent. But I am not too confident on that one, but I sure would be happy if they are right!

Can please someone make it illegal to sell those blasted frosted circus animals! You know the ones. The frosted pink or white cookies with the sprinkles. My sm had to buy a bag and I thought I could stop at a couple and nope I can't. I stuck my hand in the bag even after a bowl of healthy cereal. I have completely turned into a 24/7 eatting machine. Not sure how to stop it either. I need to starve myself for a few days so I can remember what real hunger feels like. You know, the days of 3 meals and no more than 400 calories a meal. It has been a h_lla long time since I have attempted that!

The little kid in me wants a new puppy or kitten for Christmas. But not sure I really want one, or just want new puppy/kitty breathe in my face! I should wait till we are settled. But I am not very practical on these matters. My dad just got 2 new persians. They are so funny. I am jealous. I am yearning for a long haired weiner daog! Mini version. I found a local breeder already. Ah, forget it, I can already hear all of you saying to wait til I am unpacked.

Well, Happy Tuesday alternachicks! See ya, when I am back from the city! ~flower
Old 12-03-2002, 08:59 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Flower! I am just bumping up this thread for you and I closed the old one.

Yes, you are right! You should wait until you get into the new house and settled in before you buy any pets. Moving is chaotic enough without have that to deal with too! Plus if you get them before you move they will have gotten used to you parents place and then they may get traumatized by the move. Your Dad's cats may not look to kindly on a new arrival either.

Hope you had a good trip to the city and found something for your kids
Old 12-04-2002, 12:12 AM   #3  

Hi Flower,

I don't know if this service is available to everyone, but as an AT&T Broadband user, I can access several Christmas stations from here:

http://www.attbi.com/

Just click on the "Radio" button on the left-hand nav bar and
go from there. They offer several flavors of Christmas music.

You can also try going here:

http://www.efreeky.com/snowbells/about.html#

Just click on the link that says "snowbells radio".

S.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a good idea, Sabrina!~ I'm all for Christmas music to sooth the troubled breast this time of year.

Flower, do NOT get a puppy at Christmastime - especially if you will be moving. I refuse to sell any of my pups until after January 2 because life is just too stressful and confusing for them at Christmas. Long-haired dachshunds are not the world's most calm dog and need a secure and consistent environment. (Sheesh! You'd think I belonged to PETA! My DH says I'm the Mother Teresa of the dog world!)

I sort of wiped out yesterday on getting stuff done. Damned wrists get painful, I take a pain killer, then take a nap! I'm on regular Tylenol now so I hope today is more normal. I did get some shopping and errands done yesterday. Our cupboard was pretty bare and DH was hinting about calling the Food Bank.

We got our invitation to friend Bob's elegant New Year's party so I'm now thinking about the black velvet skirt and pearls (and tits!). I have a black velvet jacket that has long sleeves and must get it shortened. Bob's parties are Victorian spectaculars - sitdown dinners for 24 with antique china and silver. Nothing like money and taste!

Gotta go check out the Low Carb board - my real job - then take a bath and dress for the day. I am starting to sleep in these days -not sure if I like that new habit!
Old 12-04-2002, 09:06 AM   #5  
Must Shrink.

I'm quite the opposite... Christmas music depresses me! It took me YEARS to realize it was the trigger of regular Yule-Blues. I only listen to it when the kids are home, and haven't dragged out my cds yet. I listen to CBC radio and enjoy the classical christmas music. Sometimes you even hear Solstice music!

Off to work! Have a great day everyone...

lois

Oh, yesterday I ate EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. Not a good day at all. Today I hope I don't.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:36 AM   #6  
Is it Friday yet?

Well I had myself a little party last night... a (ahem) few glasses of wine to celebrate, well, everything. I'm healthy, my family's healthy, I'm celebrating my second Yule in my own home... It was one of those "all's right in the world" moments (when you choose to ignore that all is *not* right and celebrate anyway).

Lamorgan - I agree about the Christmas music. I like most of it, but I prefer the classical stuff too (no words). Maybe it's a religion thing too, I donno'...

Flower - I'd wait too. Kitty or puppy breath is the best, but probably better to wait until you're settled and Christmas is over (the stress of a kitten w/ a Christmas tree is immeasurable).

Ta' for now
Terri
Old 12-04-2002, 12:33 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thanks for the words of wisdom. You know, I knew you'd say that. I knew it too, but I just needed to hear it. The puppies and kitties didn't tempt me in the least but the cockatiels did, I had to say no and run as fast away as I could. I have one cockatiel already and he doesn't sing much here because there aren't as many birds around. But I heard your voices and said I would pass until January! They loved me too. They sang to me and they let me hold them.... ahhh

No, if I could have said no to the orange chicken at Panda Express. But I didn't eat the whole thing and I didn't bring home the leftovers. I made dinner instead of picking up Wendy's like normal after a day of shopping in the city. I left home at 8:30 and returned at 5:30. An hour ea way. We finished with the boys shopping! Yipee hurray!!!!!!! I spent about 130 each which includes stockings. That is about 30 more than last year but since we have no morgage payment this month, I splurged. I am still frugel. They have 4 grandmothers, 4 aunts that shop for them too.

Since I started cooking, no more heartburn or gas. Yeah! I made some seriously tangy chicken last night. If you love lemonade, I will print the recipe. But get ready to pucker!

Punkin, I am so glad the results were good. Anytime I wish for good results, the worst stuff comes along. I decided I am jinxed and let the universe decide what is best. Kinda like sports, the team I root for, always looses.

Boyfriends speedometer is broken on his new car. What do you expect for a 73 that was only 1000$. (El Camino) He loves to tinker. So, he won't get to drive for a bit, but he'll have fun getting greasy. We got news that his Bronco sold in Vegas and we do not have to insure 3 cars now! Yeah. That is a whole lot off my mind. And I will get the check tomorrow. Yippeee! Maybe the black cloud is starting to evaporate!

I have got to stay away from the snacks!!!! ~flower
Old 12-04-2002, 05:58 PM   #8  
Must Shrink.

Triggers of my childhood too.... not so bad until I look back on it!

Lois
Old 12-04-2002, 06:16 PM   #9  

Default Punkinseed ...

I just noticed your location is listed as Terrebonne, OR.

Isn't that the "wide spot" in the road on the way to
Bend???

S.

P.S.: Love your avatar!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:17 AM   #10  
Is it Friday yet?

Sabrina - LOL! The "wide spot".... Yea, right before the 2 stop lights that slow people down as they zoom through Redmond (presumably to get the **** outta town lest the rednecks attack).

I'm actually in Crooked River Ranch - an itsy bitsy town of 4,000 (when the snowbirds are home) just a tad bit NW of Terrebonne.

It's quite a change from where I lived the first 29 of my almost 33 years - SF bay area. Talk about culture shock...

Terri
Old 12-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #11  

That is too funny Punkinseed. My ex-husband was born and raised in Redmond, so when we were dating I would make the trip down there quite frequently.

Crooked River Ranch? I remember those commercials when I was young with Crooked River Bob ...

All joking aside, Central Oregon is beautiful. A much different beauty than that to be found West of the Cascades, but beautiful nonetheless. I haven't been there for about two years, when my fiance and I were at Sunriver for a long weekend. We must do that again soon!

The Bay Area to Central Oregon WOULD be a major culture shock! I've spent enough time in both places to recognize that!

S.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:37 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Punkin-Glad to hear that your Mom is okay. And that you are too!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:34 AM   #13  
the kid's counting on me!

Hey Ruth by any chance is Bob um....gay? Just feel I can recognize my brethren is all...
Girls, I had a little eating episode tonight and last night I was a bit out of control also...tomorrow is a new day and I intend to get to the gym...didn't go today...kid didn't have school because of our snow storm.

Well, give me some encouragement or kick my butt and Ellis, email my girlfriend and tell her not to by candy and chips...she asked me if she should bring home potato chips today and I said..NO WAY...well she brought home fritos scoops...her personal favorite..guess who was munching on them? She also brought home rocher chocolates...the ones that look like little balls and have the crunchy exterior and the hazelnut inside...I ate three or four of those babies and some pretzils and six oreo cookies and four entennmen's mint milanos...oy vay.

Piggy wiggy me. Definitely have to work out tomorrow...Friday...hold me to it friends and don't let me get too off track I've been doing so well and I'm determined to really do this and I'm not giving up...this time I'm going to accomplish my goal of becoming a regular size person and I'm not giving up!

PMS or not I'm stronger than this and I have to remind myself that a moments pleasure in my mouth is not worth sacrificing my health!!

Okay..I think that I just gave myself my own pep talk.
Love ,Soozie
Old 12-06-2002, 06:57 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Of course Bob is gay, Sooze. You don't think I'd be friends with a straight guy, do you?

I was helping you eat those Rocher chocolates last night - found a gold foil wrapper in my pocket this morning. They really are yummy. Back on track today, however.

Have to go stoke the woodstove, potty the pooch, put on the coffee and start the day.

TGIF everybody!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:36 AM   #15  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!!

The fog can go away ANY day now. When I moved to Oregon I thought "gee, I kinda miss the Napa Valley fog..." - ha, we've had freezing fog for almost a week now that lasts all day and I want it GONE!!!
I shouldn't complain I guess - I'm still waiting to hear from a friend who lives in North Carolina...

Dent - Thank you... more than anything I was glad to hear Mom's ok *before* the holidays hit. Nice gift!

Sabrina - I've heard of Crooked River Bob! Of course he's gone now and the "flavor" of the Ranch has changed (from vacation homes to the politics of a residential area), but I think it's cool to be living on an old working ranch - culture shock and all... For diversity I can go to the "big town" of Bend ( big town) and I still get my doses of CA a couple times a' year.

Ruth - Your friend Bob's holiday party sounds decadent! I love themed parties like that. Hope you have a great time!

Missed going to Curves the last few days - freezing fog makes for bad driving and I don't need to slip n' slide my way home! I get my studded tires on Thursday of next week and that should help.

Ta' for now!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 12-06-2002 at 10:38 AM.
Closed Thread