Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #1  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default 2 point egg breakfast sandwich!

I feel like a genius this morning!

Yesterday I picked up some mini cake pans from Target and went home and came up with this idea. I'd call it a recipe, but it's so easy and simple I'd be hesitant to go that far.

I basically made two egg "patties" at a time, so halve this if you only want to make one.

1/2c egg "beaters" or egg whites (<1 point)
1/2c skim milk (1 point)
pinch of salt (if you like salt in your eggs)
2 small dollops of olive oil, OR two spritzes of PAM

Optional:
a finger-full of diced ham (per pattie) (<<1 point)
a dollop of salsa (try to drain excess water, as it'll make the pattie a bit soggy)
a bit of cheese (however many points you want)
anything else...
You could also use the southwestern style egg beaters if you can find them. They're probably tasty.

If you're using a regular oven, preheat to 450. I used a toaster oven and set it on "Toast/450".

Mix the eggs, milk and salt. Pour a small dollop of olive oil in the bottom of each pan (or use PAM) and divide the egg mixture between them. Pour the mixture into the middle of the olive oil to get the layer under the eggs. Add whatever you want.

Put in the [toaster] oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. It should balloon up and look like it's going to explode. Don't worry, it won't. After it's cool it'll settle down like a good little egg pattie, at which point you should easily be able to slide it out of the pan. Blot it dry and put in a little baggie in the fridge.

The next morning put the egg pattie on the bottom half of an Arnold Sandwich Thin (1 pt) and put both halves in the toaster oven and just toast at medium darkness. If you have a regular toaster, then toast the sandwich thin and nuke the egg pattie for no more than like 10 seconds. If it's still cold, try another 10, but it won't take long.

And now you have a delicious breakfast sandwich! You can add cheese on top or bacon or whatever you like, of course. But the egg pattie is less than one point (I round up) and the sandwich thin is one point, so you have a tasty hot breakfast sandwich in the time it takes to make toast! Yum!

I'm working on perfecting a recipe for a little mini egg frittata using a tortilla for a crust, but it's still in the works. I'll post it when I get it figured out!

Last edited by dominodreams; 10-02-2009 at 09:55 AM.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Starting Weight 223

Height: 5'8"

Must Try!!
startiff68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

This sounds really good! I will make this.. i love egg sandwiches
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote