South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5 ' 2"

Default spinning class

hi everyone,

hope you all had a great weekend, the weather is turning cooler here in ohio, but at least we dont have snow, I hate that stuff!!!!

has any one tried spiining class, i have been doing spining for about 6 months, it is one the best cardios you can do, my teacher says you can burn up to 500 calories per work out.
The first class I tried, i throught i would seriously pass out, i only last 15 minutes, but then each class I stayed longer and longer, the class is 50 minutes, then we strech.
The main thing I have noticed is your thighs melt away, no joke, i have been "hippy" all my life, now my thighs look pretty ok, even if i do say so!!!!
This year was the first time in 10 years that i would put on a swim suit.
I will not lie, it is a challenge, but once the loud music starts, you really enjoy it, just throght I would share. bye
june65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm too intimidated to try it. I do love the recumbent bike, but can only watch those spinners in awe!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I love it! I've been doing it a few months. I used to do long distance bike riding when I was younger, and I like this too.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I've never taken a class. A friend took one while she was on a cruise. She said it hurt her 'hoohaa' more than her thighs.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
She said it hurt her 'hoohaa' more than her thighs.
That's why I like the recumbent. It doesn't hurt my 'hoohaa'!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

June, I had a big accident involving a spinning bike's pedal the first time I tried it, three years ago. I've been afraid to try again, but I pushed past my fear and took a class two weeks ago. It nearly killed me, and I only lasted 35 minutes...I thought I was going to hurl afterwards and my blood pressure was through the roof. I had a headache for the whole day.

But I didn't have a heart rate monitor, and I had trouble taking my pulse while riding, so I really want to try again, now that I've got my Polar. I'm glad to hear that my experience wasn't totally crazy--I was afraid I was the only one to have that type of reaction to my first real class!

So do you have any tips on how to ease into spinning? Should I tone my resistance down some at the beginning? If my heart rate is too high while following the teacher, should I do something else? I'd love any help you can give, as it looks like it would be a great workout!

Last edited by beachgal; 09-30-2009 at 09:19 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Laurie, As your Jazzercise instructor , ANYTIME your heart rate is too high, you HAVE to slow your pace just a bit. A good test, even without your Polar, is that if you cannot talk, you are working too hard. As I tell my students, I am CPR Certified, but I DON'T want to use it! Listen to your body!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote