South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Menu Chick Challenge

I thought this would be a fun way to ... well, basically get you chicks to plan my dinners this week! I just stocked up and seem to be lacking in inspiration.

Here's what I've got:
Proteins: Sirloin Steaks, Pork Loin (already cut into country ribs), Ground Sirloin, Frozen Seafood Mix (scallops, shrimp, squid), crabmeat, canned tuna, canned salmon

Veggies Fresh: Eggplants, squash (zukes, yellow, and pattypan), lima beans, green beans, beets, cauliflower, bag of baby spinach
Veggies Frozen: Broccoli and spinach

Starches and Grains: Brown Rice, Whole Grain Couscous, WW tortillas and pitas

And I've got all the regular pantry stuff - canned beans and tomatoes, cheese, etc.

What would you make? Vegetarian meals are fine too.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

7 dinners? How many do you cook for?
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ok, here we go...I made this the other night and it's good hot or cold the next day.......just replace what I used with what you have...

I took a vidalia onion and a red pepper and cut them up and sauted in olive oil. (In the mean time I put some whole grain orzo on to boil..but use whatever like brown rice, quinoa etc)...
To the onion, I added some cubed eggplant, some garlic paste, sliced mushrooms, squash and creole seasoning. When it had all cooked down, I added shrimp...then I combined the cooked orzo with it all in the pot and added some grape tomatos. Good that night....great the next day.

On another thought, don't forget frittatas...great for using up this and that for breakfast and dinner..

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-05-2009 at 03:42 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd take the eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes and onion and make a nice baked ratatouille. When it's almost done, make a few pockets in it and break an egg into each pocket and bake it until they're set. Then serve it over your ww couscous.

Another idea is to make a big pan of roasted vegetables to serve over rice, couscous, etc.

I also make an unconventional "spaghetti", with chickpeas, tomatoes and green beans. Saute a little onion in olive oil, add some garlic, then some chopped tomatoes and cook it down. Add your chickpeas, and serve it over steamed green beans. Sprinkle with some good grated cheese.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'd use the canned salmon for salmon and brown rice patties. I'd add cooked brown rice to the salmon and add seasonings to taste, mix in an egg and pan fry.
-or-
salmon salad served in pita bread. Add onions, celery, chopped dill pickles, seasonings(your choice) then blend with a mayo/yogurt mixture.
-or-
Ground sirloin/squash taco bake.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Lexxis, I need to plan for 5 nights, and there are four of us - me, DH, DD11 and DS12.

I'm drooling, those ideas sound really good. I've done ratatouille on the stovetop, but I haven't ever baked it, and I love the egg idea. And the shrimp, oh my!

Keep 'em coming chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #7  

Sautee squash, steamed (7 min in micro if frozen) lima beans, until beans are creamy, season w/ salt & pepper. Add to casserole dish. Sprinkle w/ feta & parmesan, bake until cheese is browned.

I added frozen cooked shrimp to this when I initially thought it up.

It is good!
badhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Schmoo, as you probably already know, I'm a huge fan of Cooking Light. I love their Enhanced Recipe Search. You can enter your item in the top search box, limit your search to specific types, cuisines, ease of preparation, etc. I usually restrict my recipe searches to the publications Cooking Light, Health, and Real Simple, as they are closest to SBD in their guidelines. Then I browse through recipes, read comments (when needed), and choose ones for the week. I often go in with specific ingredients in mind (like this week, it was leeks) and use that to help me decide.

Hope that helps!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote