Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried Ourlife Fresh Meal delivery?

Hi.. I was just curious if anyone has tried the Ourlife Fresh Meal Delivery. It is the food delivery program that Ruby Gettinger is on. She has her own show on the Style network that encourages overweight people not to give up and to go for it. She weighed over 500 pounds herself before starting the diet. Now she has lost well over 100 pounds. The website is Ourlifefresh dot com I read a few positive reviews on dietsinreview dot com and was wondering if there is anyone on this site that has tried it. If so, let us know what you think! Thanks
2furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I have reviewed the site, but have not tried it. The food looks good! It looks like there are no breakfasts, though; you have to make your own.

If you try it, I would be interested to hear how you like it.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #3  

I did GoodMeasureMeals which delivers Hourglass in Savannah. I am pretty sure that Ruby was on Hourglass. Which if you go to hourglass it takes you to ourlife. So I am not sure why they are now called Ourlife, other than Ourlife does national delivery? You may want to ask them if its the same food as GoodMeasureMeals/Hourglass. Also, it looks like the prices are different and they dont delivery breakfast, whereas GMM includes breakfast.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the food on GoodMeasureMeals that I was able or would eat. My biggest problem with them was that there were no substitutions so there were just things that I did not like because well, I dont like that food and was not able to pick and choose which things to eat. So if its the same food as GoodMeasureMeals and you like what is on their list then you will probably enjoy the food.

Here is the link to GoodMeasureMeals delivery pickups - scroll down to Savannah and you will see hourglass.

goodmeasuremeals . com / order / pickupLocations.aspx
(sorry cant post links yet)

Hope that helps.
Brenda
shapeshifter150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #4  

The menu looks really good (from the Ourlife website). But as Brenda said, I didn't see any substitutions. I don't know if I like that because to me it's like wasted money if I don't eat something. I'd be curious to know what people thinks of the food and the portion sizes because the overall menu looked delicious!
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #5  

I read something about no substitutions allowed on there somewhere, but now I can't find it. Shame, though.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Thumbs up on Ourlife Fresh

Ruby's diet plan is, in fact, Ourlife Fresh, not Good Measure Meals. I know because I am a huge Ruby fan and I have watched every episode of her show from both seasons. She is my inspiration! Did you see her in People magazine?

So I have been on the Ourlife Fresh program for four weeks and I cannot say enough good things about it!!!! I have tried every diet out there but this one is different. The food actually tastes good and I feel satisfied (how is that for a novel concept?)! I have already lost 8 pounds. Only 52 more to go...And, I am allergic to shellfish so they have made substitutions for me.

Would love to hear what others' experience has been like.

NancyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #7  

Wow, that's great Nancy!! I'm glad you are doing so well with the Ourlife Fresh diet. I am so curious to try it. The last program I tried the containers would come all crushed and broken and the food was icy and when the ice melted it was just a watery mess. I tried calling Ourlife to ask questions before ordering, but you had to leave a message. Is the food salty? What do you do for breakfast? Have you had non-shellfish? If so, how was it? Congrats on your weightloss!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #8  

2furbabies - Thanks for your encouraging words! As for the shipping container, you won't believe how the food comes. It is nicely packed in a beautiful styrofoam ice chest with ice packs that do not leak. I have even reused the styrofoam container.

I haven't used Ourlife Fresh's customer service phone number but I did communicate with them via email about my shellfish allergy and they were very accommodating.

The food is indescribably delicious. Ruby said it is like food you would get in a restaraunt and it really is!!! The chicken dishes are my favorites. Anyone who tries this diet will be hooked like I am. I have been on enough of these plans to know what I am talking about.

Last edited by NancyE; 09-13-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #9  

Nancy, you have convinced me.. What I do like about it is that you aren't locked in to purchase lots of weeks at one time. I think I will order tonight to make this Saturday's delivery. I'm assuming it comes by Fedex? Thanks for your reviews...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #10  

2furbabies, you won't be sorry...I have never been as impressed with a meal plan as I am with Ourlife Fresh. Can't wait to hear your feedback. I am doing the autoship thing so I got a discount for committing to 5 weeks in advance.

And, yes, FedEx is their delivery company. Here's to fighting the beast just like Ruby did!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #11  

Nancy, I was just wondering, do you feel full after eating their meals? Do you allow a snack?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #12  

That is a great question, 2furbabies! I feel so satisfied after the meals that I almost forget that I am on a "diet plan." Truly, I don't know how they make food that tastes this good that is low calorie.

As for the snacks, I follow the tips on the Ourlife Fresh website about snacking. I do, of course, love to have my healthy snacks!

Can't wait to hear what you think!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #13  

Nancy, I just ordered.. Being the curious one, I went onto my bank account to see if the money was taken out instantly, and it was. I did notice something else... Where the payment went to...and it wasn't Ourlife Fresh... It's a company called Personal Chef to go. So I went on that website... Go on and look.. Just type in Personal Chef to go. It is the same menu! Only thing is it includes just 3 salads for lunches and 5 dinners. The food comes from Richmond Virginia. Seems like everything will be okay. You can read the chefs background.. I found it interesting...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #14  

Hmmm...Interesting what you say about the other site. 3 salads and 5 dinners would not be enough for me to want to order a plan. I know that Ourlife Fresh was started by Ruby's weight loss physician, Dr. Bradley, who founded Ourlife. Don't know anything about that other company. Can't wait to hear how much you will like the food.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #15  

Hi.. I just received my food and the packaging and everything look wonderful! Every entree is packaged in a plastic black container with a sealed plastic lid. On the lid it has what the item is along with the fiber, calories, sodium, and even the Weight Watchers points amount! I am so excited to give this diet a try. I'll report back when I've had some of the meals..