Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Pressure cooker cooking?

I've been thinking about getting a pressure cooker. A guy in the office is always bringing in yummy-looking leftovers and telling me how easy it is to cook stuff with his pressure cooker. I googled "pressure cooking for weight loss" and found a couple of books.

Does anyone routinely use a pressure cooker? I have a rice cooker and a crock pot that I use a lot and I'm afraid of getting another appliance that I might not use.

So, can I get some input from my fellow 3FC'ers? Pressure cooker, yea or nay?
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #2  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have one, and honestly, all I ever use it for is to cook beans. It came with a booklet of recipes, I just never bothered to try them.
It would be good if you find yourself short on time since it is essentially the opposite of a slow cooker and it's meant to cook things faster than traditional methods.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i love the idea of pressure cookers. I sometimes have to cook in a pinch. And it would be great to turn out lovely steak and chicken in no time flat. I do use my crockpots though. I have 2. heh.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Pressure cooker.....I love mine. If you are interested go to the Yahoo pressure cooking group and there are tons of recipes that you can do. I use mine about three or four times a week. I made greens yesterday with ham hocks. I cook the ham hocks set it in the frig overnight and take off all of the grease. Yes I do bean, soups, stews, broth, cheesecakes, puddings, multigrain cereal....you name it. I also go to a Miss Vickie's website that is good for beginners and there are a lot of downloadable recipes and tons of hints and helps.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ooh that sounds good! I love to cook. Cooking fast and healthy is very appealing. I might be in the market for a pressure cooker.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/235/150

Height: 5 ft. 4

I LOVE my pressure cooker. Mine has a slow cooker and rice cooker function as well. It also has a "browning" setting, so you can sear meat, or brown onions and garlic or whatever, then throw in the rest of the ingredients and then turn on the slow cooker or pressure cooker, so you are only getting one pot dirty. I love it! You could give away your rice cooker and crock pot to someone who needs it, and replace these with the pressure cooker.
alliebaba is offline   Reply With Quote