Default Weekly Chat - June 15-21

New pages!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

Thanks for starting us Paula.

I woke up to find a mother raccoon and her four babies having breakfast from my new sod. They had turned up at least 3/4 of it!!! Brazen creatures. I have pictures to identify them Ok, I hate the smell of mothballs but I'm getting some today and spreading them to see if that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to bring out the heavy artillery: Critter Ridder!!

So, I had a great NSV this morning. At spinning class someone referred to our class as "hard core." I laughed and said I'd never seen myself as a hard core spinner. She said "you are, baby, you are."

That sets the whole day up to be just great.

I hope yours goes well too.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks

Today is the day! I am going to:
A. eat only core foods
B. write down everything that I eat
C. keep track of my wpa's
D. drink plenty of water
E. try to get in some exercise, but remodeling might have to do

Rhonda-nothing is cuter that those little racoons, but having them undo all of your good sod is not so cute! Maybe it's time to have Sandra come up for a visit and practice her shooting on those little cuties!!!

Vickie-I love the idea of the smoothies. I think he will like those. The veggies will have to be pureed and added to other foods. You wouldn't believe what a veggie detective he is. If I make anything with minced onion and he spots even one, he won't eat it. He has been like this since he was an infant. I remember him gagging on green beans until his eyes poured tears. I just couldn't bear to keep shoving them in his mouth with him gagging and looking at me with tears streaming down his face

I have been looking at recipes to make things interesting. Eric gets 32 points, so it won't be too hard to come up with menus for him. I know he has to do this for himself, but he has no idea where to start. He has a gf, and I plan to get her in on this. She needs to lose weight, also.

GTG get busy. Wish me luck
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling a lot better this morning,the headaches are gone,and so is the backache.

W-I this morning and I'm up 1,not going to change that ticker as it might be sodium lurking in my menu somewhere.

Paula-Thanks for starting us up this week.

Rhonda-Thanks my headache subsided,Think it was one of those sinus headaches that are so bothersome.Sorry about your little critters visiting your sod.Maybe that's the only way to get rid of them.

Sloane-Leo is fine,hes still in remission.He just had cataract surgeries in both eyes, and he can see doesn't need glasses for diving anymore.Thanks I thought I put a face to the post.

Hope COCO has a good weather for her camping vacation.

Last edited by beach bum; 06-15-2009 at 08:48 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 1.8 this week (for 2 weeks) for a total of 29 pounds! I have to go babysit and run errands. I'll be back later to catch up.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #6  

Vickie
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #7  

Way to go, Vickie!!!

You rock
Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

YEAH VICKIE! Great job

Rhonda, dh has been addressing our little critter issues in a non-humane way. Close to Sandra target shooting - but not with arrows!

Sloan, if your son knows he has to lose weight and understands the need to get it off to be healthy, how about having him select one or two new fruits or veggies to try each week. For veggies - sweeter ones may work and if you roast them they are even better. Or veggies and ff dip. I think at 19 he should learn to like it to be healthy. If my 6 year old was having issues, I'd hide them, but he is basically an adult. Just my opinion! Hopefully you'll find something that works for him. He may also be more willing to try veggies if he realizes the free bulk of food he'll get. Good luck, keep us posted.

In regard to my scale jumping, I'm thinking I may buy a new one and try keeping it out of the bathroom. Once our bedroom is done, I'll be able to have one in my closet. My clothes don't feel different and I find it unreasonable for true weight to be jumping so much. I need to see if DH thinks he's gained as well. If yes, then I'm thinking it may be worth the investment. The scale I have is probably 10 years old -- a long lived life for a digital scale in the bathroom. I'm still going strickt core and calling my Dr for an appt. I'm also going to cut back the carbs and increasing my protein. Looking back at my menus for a few weeks I've gotten into a habit of having:

bf - vita muffin top, yougurt and banana
lunch -- salad with a veggie soup.

Niether meal is high on the protein scale. For bf, if I add an egg with the yogurt may help. And for lunch its pretty much nil for protein. I have not cooked for lunches in a while. I'm going to make salsa chicken tomorrow -- with tons of veggies and NO carbs. Somethings got to work.

Well, got to get some things done. BBL

Last edited by blessedwithsarah; 06-15-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Go Go Go, Rhonda! You rock, girl. Or should I say, "You spin!"

Thanks for the new pages , Paula.

Sloan, you look like a woman with a plan. That's good.

: Maryann, it's probably fluid. You're doing great.

Vickie, you'll be changing your avatar before you know it. Big congratulations for doing a great job of taking care of yourself.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-15-2009 at 06:37 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #10  

I'm starting the war against the critters with blood meal...if that doesn't work, I'll get nastier.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #11  

Thanks for the feedback on Eric. He says his biggest problem with certain foods is texture. He has always been like this. He even has a problem with fuzzy blankets and clothes up against his body. I know I'm making him sound nutty, but he's really a regular guy. I think we'll have more luck with fruit. He has stayed within his point limit today, and I think it is a good first step. Trying to encourage him actually helps me with my eating.

Paula-I bought a new scale yesterday, myself. I need to be more aware of where my weight is. You are probably right to keep your scale out of the bathroom. I need to do that as well.

Rhonda-I'm so impressed with your spinning. Where do you go for your class?

Maryann and Sandra-Hope you had a great day!

Vickie-I so proud for you! What a great way to start your week

Have a great night chicks!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #12  

Lost another pound!

Paula, I go to spinning at a sports store that sells sports clothes and shoes and has a yoga studio and a spinning studio attaced to it. It's owned by a husband and wife team who also teach.They have classes every morning and evening and on the weekends. It cost about $90/month to spin or do yoga all you want. I go three times a week now, so each class cost a little over $7.00.

I hope you all have a great day. I've got a tough budget meeting coming up at work. Because of the market crash we had to cash in our savings to continue to give the students the kinds of awards we give, and now we have no extra cash in the department. We have some difficult decisions to make. That's the job!

Take care,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to another gloomy day,it looks like we're going to have rain again. My poor tomato plants are going to have root rot if it doesn't stop.

While Leo is at the doctor for a checkup I'm going to ride my bike for 1/2 hr.and tackle today's chores.

I think that I figured out my calorie range,[1500-1600]by calculating my calorie in, minus my calories out[180]30M of walking or biking at moderate speed] will be my net cals.[1320 or1420] So if I want to keep from getting below(no less that 1200) to prevent nitrogen imbalance within the body. I will have to keep my total calories a little higher or not exercise as much.[instead of 5x's 3X's a week ]will be sufficient.

VICKIE-That's excellent glad your doing so nicely on your plan 1.6 and 29 pounds lost is a terrific accomplishment. Big Congrats

PAULA-That's a great idea to keep the scale out of the bathroom, the steam or humidity from the showers does ruin the insides or the scale . We have a Physicians waist high balance beam scale and its in the dinette area of our home.

SANDRA-I hope it water and that it will flush out soon.Or that Hidden sodium somewhere,that I'm not seeing.Here's to a better week.

RHONDA-That's the wild life for you,I had field mice getting in all winter but the traps got rid of them.Big congrats on your 1 lb loss. Sorry that I over skipped the first line of your post.

SLOAN- I didn't give you advice,as I trying to fix my own mess of dieting. Doctor still can't figure out with all the diets I was on I still 28 lbs off course.Had all kinds of test from thyroid to allergies to wheat] no progress. He said at my age I should be losing ,but instead I'm stuck at this weight. Hope that you find some solution to your son's weight & getting him back to a healthier weight.

Last edited by beach bum; 06-16-2009 at 04:00 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Today is my new low carb day. I made a great broccoli, mushroom and onion frittata -- used one whole egg and 2 egg whites, 1 slice ff cheese. i also added 1tsp regular shredded cheddar -- that small amount is 0 points. But WOW, just that little bit added the great cheesey taste. Im stuffed - should have stopped I know but it was sooooo good. I'm hoping the higher protein breakfast holds me longer till lunch.

DH is working on building our new shed. Its right outside the kitchen door. My problem is I have a 10:00 call with work, usually I set up my office in the kitchen. I need to find a quiet spot. I do have a desk and office upstairs, but that is all apart as we are finishing the last bedroom. So, now we have 2 projects in process. Not that I don't want DH to have jobs lined up, but I want these things done! Its great he is a carpenter and can do these things -- but if a great job comes along, we go on hold.

Rhonda, congrats on the loss. I assume you decided to delay your retirement...based on your siggie. Glad you made a decision. I work in Finance and its been a tough year with the market. Most of our revenue is from assets we manage/custody for retirement plans. As those go down, so do our revenues. Good luck in your budget meeting.

Sloan, what kind of textures does ds like and dislike? Maybe we can come up with some veggie suggestions that are on his like list. Glad he made it on plan for day 1!

Well, going to do some laundry while I wait for 10:00. Once I'm done with work I'm off to go grocery shopping. I have not pre-made my lunches for quite some time. I'm making salsa chicken today -- tons of veggies and HOT salsa! YUMMY. Have a good day.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #15  

Mornin' chicks!

You would not believe the mess in my house. Every downstairs room has something going on in it, and it looks like a bomb went off. It is amazing how unsettling clutter is, even when you are not a neat freak (which I am not).

Rhonda-good luck in your meeting. Try not to let the stress get to ya!

Maryann-hope sunny weather is on the way. I know it is a downer to have to stay inside!

Paula-listing the things that Eric eats would be much shorter than listing what he does not like. I know that anything that is mushy is out. He loves french fries, but he won't even eat them if they are not crisp. He will eat *beef, but only ground, *chicken, but only off of the bone and not baked, *ketchup, tomato sauce (as in spaghetti sauce), *potatoes, but only certain types of french fries, *bread, *peanut butter, *eggs, but only scrambled, *cheese, *apples, but only with dip, *green beans, sometimes, *pasta, with spaghetti sauce only, *combos of the above. Of course, you can imagine at his weight, he will eat many kinds of junk food, and he will drink V8 fusion which has some veggie juice in it. This has been going on his whole life. He skipped many meals when he was a little boy instead of eating what I had prepared. As I said in my earlier post, he gagged violently when I gave him certain baby foods!!! I have talked to his doctor over the years, begged, threatened, cajoled, you name it. As most young people, he loves money. I have offered him money to chew up and swallow a carrot, bite of broccoli, etc. and he will not do it. It is very perplexing. I guess I say all of that to say: I want to teach him to manage what he WILL eat, and continue to encourage him to try new things. Thanks for being concerned, and any input you have will be appreciated.

I guess I have rambled on enough for now. BBL