Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #1  

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wednesday, 6/10

Hi all! I am back at it again today. Another hr of cardio, a bit of strength training. I don't wanna burn off all this fat and still jiggle, ya know?

Had a good day yesterday. Got lots done. So need to work on laundry today. I am gonna have to start walking around in my birthday suit if not! I need a maid (preferably male, hot and cleaning in his boxers-YUM- MY version of cabana boy- forget the pool, do my laundry dammit! )!

So, any new great recipes? I made a awesome pizza 2 nights ago. I got those new FLAT OUTs (whole wheat), baked them for about 6 min until slightly crispy, added pizza sauce, fresh mozz, Italian seasoning, garlic chicken and mozz sausage (from Sams), and sauteed mushrooms...baked for another 10-12 min and then added chopped arugula and red pepper flakes. Was AWESOME!! and about 380 calories. Last night we did turkey tacos. My daughter LOVES these and we end up having them like once a week. I just get a regular taco kit (I LOVE the organic kits) and add turkey meat. Sooo good. I usually make a salad to go with cuz those taco shells can really pack in the fat and calories, ya know?

So, off to another day of working. We are having one of those drab, rainy, cold, gray weeks...not fun!

to all you girls!!!

Work Out Song of the Day: Milk Shake by Kelis (now old but good to workout to)
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #2  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Laurie!

Good Morning to all the rest of you!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday morning!

It is a little cloudy and the wind is blowing something in, but I'm sure it will end up a very pretty day!

Well, I got my unfriendly visitor this week and I have so much pain associated with it. I have been diagnosed with PMDD and even though I hate the thought of it...I'm gonna look into taking maybe Yaz to help. I guess I'm kinda looking for someone who has PMDD "experience" and what they are doing to alleve the symptoms and how it is affecting their weight loss. My pain level gets so bad that I can't function sometimes.

Anywho...I'm trying to be in a positive/optimistic mood. Put a smile on your face and pass it around! It's gonna be a good day!

I have walked 45 min each day this week. Did some "at home" mini workouts. Threw away all the junk in the house. Yes, I wasted the food. I would rather throw out the junk than to give it to someone else & make them unhealthy too! Restocked my fridge with good for your body foods.

You know...I think my dogs get more excited about the walks than I do...they even know that when I put on my black capri workout stuff that it is time to go for a walk. I have lab's and my oldest will jump up (all 4 feets at the same time) and get all excited barking & it is just a site to see. Keeps me motivated.

I just want to say "I luff you'se guys!" Thanks for all the words of wisdom and support!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #3  
On my way to a size 10!

Oh....not sure if I have talked about it, but my new post workout smoothie/shake...yum!

Tropical (for morning workouts)
1 scoop BL Protein powder vanilla
8 oz Tropicana 50
1/2 banana
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1/2 tsp pineapple extract
(or you could use 1/4 c drained or fresh pineapple chunks)

oh & 4 - 6 ice cubes

wow....it is yummy!

My other option is:
1 scoop BL Protein powder in Chocolate
8 oz skim milk (I like the new Bordon's lite line plus)
6 strawberries
4 - 6 cubes of ice

Another option is
1 scoop BL Protein power in Chocolate
4 oz skim milk
1 Yoplait Lite - Boston Cream Pie
4 - 6 cubes of ice
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I'm brand new here, but I thought I'd join in the morning fun!

I already took both my dogs for a walk and have eaten a good breakfast. Lunch is in the fridge in the break room, and I have dinner planned out and the ingredients purchased and thawed. I have set myself up for a OP day, and that's what I'm going to aim for.

I'm planning on taking a walk at lunch, too.

Here's to the power of pre-planning and positive thinking!!

Last edited by Rebound; 06-10-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #5  
On my way to a size 10!

I wish I could walk at lunch. It is too dang hot here. I go to check the mail and come back sweating. LOL
My next goal...wake up early (hahahaha) and get a 30 - 45 minute walk in or maybe yoga.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Just popping in. DH and DS2 are both home sick. DH has been fighting body aches and a fever for a few days now, mostly at night. Last night DS2 fell asleep at 7 and I moved him to bed, noticing he was warm, but he was cuddled in a blanket. He came into our room crying at around 10-ish and he was burning hot. Temp of 103.5!! My kids always run high fevers...freaks me out. So I wiped him down with a cool washcloth and gave him some ibuprofen. 1/2 hr. later it was 102.0. Put him back in his bed and he slept the rest of the night. He was hot this AM, but not as bad. He's around 99. now. DH, on the other hand, is 101.4. They've both been laying in our bed all AM watching cartoons. It's a good thing I don't normally get sick.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

I'm sorry to hear that Lauren. I hope they get to feeling better soon!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Afternoon Everyone!!

Let's see.....it's already 1pm here, and I've spent the day working, but while I've been on conference calls and had a few breaks here and there I cleaned my office closet and folded TONS of laundry (I swear my son wears 3 outfits a day!). I'm hoping to catch a good hour break later this afternoon and hit the elliptical.

Laurie, your pizza description sounded sooo yummy, I'm going to attempt to make something similar this weekend!! Last night we had spaghetti (one of weekly staples). I use ground low-fat turkey, with traditional sauce (nothing special, usually prego or ragu) and wheat pasta (has anyone else tried Barilla Wheat Pasta? I love the stuff and it gives you a ton of protein, fiber and ALA omega-3) then I add some cayenne pepper to spice it up a little. I make enough for lunch the next day!!

Samantha...congrats on all your walking this week! It's motivating me to get my workouts in too!! Keep up your positive attitude! Unfortunately I haven't had to deal with PMDD, so I don't have any experiences to share with ya....but I hope you find a way through the pain!

Welcome, Rebound! I'm kinda new myself, and so far I'm loving this place!!

Lauren...Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about all the fevers!! Really hoping you don't end up with one too!!!

Just 2 more days until the weekend!!! WOO!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #9  

Default Re-Connecting

Good morning everyone!

I used to post here but have been gone for some time due to many major life adjustments. That's another story for another day!

I'm getting back to my weight loss journey 100% so re-connecting to 3FC is an important step.

I look forward to catching up and sharing with all of you.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #10  
One step at a time...

Kimiko,

Have you tried Fiber Gourmet pasta? The stats are AMAZING. I buy it online and it is 100% worth it. One 2 oz serving has 130 calories, 1 g fat, and 18 g fiber. I make 3 oz my serving size and it is a TON of pasta and practically no points at all. (You have to remember the fiber cap, or it actually DOES calculate out to zero points...which is clearly isn't ) It tastes SPECTACULAR!

I love pasta and can't cut it out. Because this stuff is harder to get and a little more expensive I always make two pots. One pot with regular noodles for hubby, and a small pot with a premeasured amount of Fiber Gourmet for me.

I would highly HIGHLY recommend it if you are like me and have a seriously intense need for pasta every so often.

You can find out more info on FiberGourmet dot com. If you don't want to order a whole shipment I can send you a couple of servings and you can cook them up and see if you like them before committing to a whole order.

Last edited by Rebound; 06-10-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Oh yumm, Rebound!!

That pasta sounds yummy! I'm going to go take a look online today and try it out!! THANK YOU for the recommendation!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #12  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimikoD View Post
Oh yumm, Rebound!!

That pasta sounds yummy! I'm going to go take a look online today and try it out!! THANK YOU for the recommendation!!
I promise it will be worth it!