Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #1  

Default My breakfast

So this morning for breakfast I am having:

A slice of peanut butter bread ( I heart WW bread) Just a light skim of the PB

Some raspberry yogurt

Some pineapple, canned in own juice, juice drained. Just about a third of the can

Ice water, after a small cup of splenda coffee

Thoughts? Feedback?

Last edited by kimberliestewart; 05-27-2009 at 09:24 AM.
kimberliestewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #2  

Needs protein. There isn't much in a skim of peanut butter and yogurt. I'd have a slice of whole grain toast with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter, the yogurt and a hard-boiled egg for a little more staying power.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with QuilterInVA. To get more protein at breakfast, I like to heat up a Boca Burger and have that, along with a measured serving of cereal and 1% milk. Tasty!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree on the protein...if you don't "heart" eggs as I do, then a couple oz. of any other meat is good. If I'm out of my beloved eggs I'll sometimes have a sandwich for breakfast...2 slices of 40 calorie bread, slice of cheese, thinly sliced chicken or turkey breast and lots of veggies and mustard. That and a yogurt or fruit for right at 300 calories. I stay satisfied until lunch.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #5  

I try to bulk up my protein in the morning as well. It just seems to make the whole day go better. I don't like eggs so to do this I have several 'go to's'.

This morning I had the Morning Star Farms Sausage patties that I buy at Costco. They are 75% plant based and give me a lot of protein. I'll sometimes have a whole grain waffle with them. Other times, I have a glass of milk.

Another quick, easy and good-for-you breakfast is a protein shake. I buy the Chocolate Protein Powder from Costco and it tastes pretty good. I mix a scoop of it in the blender with ice, 2/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt, a banana, a touch of vanilla and a splenda packet (I usually just use the Splenda if I'm doing a fruit in there like strawberries that are less sweet). The protein powder gives me 21 grams of protein per serving and the yogurt adds another 6-9. If you work, you can drink this on the way into work in the mornings.

Another quick but yummy breakfast that has plenty of protein is a breakfast bagel. Not just any bagel will work. I buy a brand at my SuperWalmart called "The Alternative Bagel" in the whole wheat flavor. You can find them in the refrigerator section next to the cream cheese. They have 26 carbs, 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber! I top this bagel with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light and 6 slices of the Rose brand Canadian Bacon from Costco. That meal is about 300 cal. and totally balanced mix of about 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote