Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default change old habits?

I'm in the middle of PMS'ing before my actual TOM, ugh. After several days of this in a row, I woke up this Sunday morning feeling like utter crap.

So I finally got out of the house and went out on several short 20-minute walks around the neighborhood on "errands" just as an official excuse to do something to feel better (even though Sunday is my official one day off from exercising altogether ).

In the past, I'd just mow through several bags of Reese peanut buttercups or head to my neighborhood Starbucks and eat whatever crap pastries they had on display (probably at least several of 'em) along with a fattening, high-caloric drink with another drink "to-go."

I actually did feel quite better by my 2nd walk outside. It's nice to see sometimes old habits that die hard actually DO die down!

Anyone have an old eating habit they finally broke out of?

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 05-18-2009 at 03:55 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Yes, also my TOM. In the past I would of eaten a load of cheese and chocolate and drunk nothing but hot chocolate but the last two months I've managed to just have a little of those things instead of binging and I've managed to exercise too I didn't think I'd ever manage to break those habits
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have old habits that I have not indulged in for 9 months but I don't feel comfortable saying that I have totally left them behind. I still have to be diligent to not fall back into them. Your post is very encouraging to me, it tells me that someday I can feel like I have totally broken the bad old habits!

Thank you!!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #4  
-100 pounds

S/C/G: 270/170/180

Height: 5'10

I used to love chocolate when I felt depressed or down. I read it helped you feel better. However, I learned a year or so ago that to eat enough chocolate for it to really "make you feel better" would be pounds and pounds so now I Just eat fruit or something healthier. Sadly I resort to eating when I'm upset. THAT habbit has decreased but isn't gone. hehe
Joshua from eawc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

One food habit I always had (learned it from my parents) was, when one is on vacation, one always has a HUGE unhealthy breakfast. HYOOGE! Even when I was on Atkins before, I would give myself leeway to cheat a bit on vacation, but to really blow it on breakfast (pancakes, etc.). This time around though, not only have I not cheated once, I haven't cheated while at breakfast, on vacation. Wow, it didn't even occur to me to do that a couple weekends ago when I was on a trip. Goodness. That's really huge.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Not eating breakfast, or eating a crap breakfast. Now I eat cereal, or a small sandwich or drink a protein shake and a piece of fruit for breakfast. The rare chance I DO forget breakfast, I don't eat fast food, but I'll drink water and take an early lunch.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

All my old eating habits were bad habits. From my daily breakfast of a cranberry walnut muffin and venti caramel latte with whip to Domino's pizza for dinner.

Specifially, I will say I have broken the habit of always having to have the largest size of everything. Now I always order the smallest - even the kiddie size.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Yip, every time I passed a particular shop, I would go in and have some fried food - regardless of whether I was hungry or not. The smell drew me in!

I now take a different route - problem solved! Habit broken.
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

Tea, I am going through TOM at the moment and fighting the urge to eat bad things. I think I will take your lead and go for a walk around the neighbourhood!

My biggest eating change has been to eat a proper breakfast. I've never eaten a proper breakfast in my life...I never felt hungry for it and always just picked at a few things before feeling super hungry by about 11:30am. After weeks of eating it, I find I wake up and want to find some breakfast - amazing what routine can do!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #10  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 272/ticker/142

Height: 5'8

I used to eat late at night, I rarely do that anymore. I do however need to make dinner my last meal of the day.
Tryingtostayskinny is offline   Reply With Quote