Old 04-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Thinking about joinging WW again

Hi all, I joined ww (and this board) back in Feb 08 & was doing really well on WW Flex for about 2 1/2 months before I found out I was pregnant (lost 14lbs). So now here I am almost 4 months post pregnancy, and while I didn't gain a lb while pregnant due to strict gest. Diab food guidelines, I am now up 4lbs from when I delivered my dd. Not happy about that at all.

Anyhow, I was prepared to go back to WW because I loved Flex, but now I'm seeing it's a new program called Momentum. I'm wondering how this differs from Flex? I really loved Flex & it was working well for me. I was just going to go back to my old info, but now I'm wondering if I need to sign up all over again & get on this new program? And if I'm even going to like this new program? Any info/opinions on this would be great!

Thanks!
Erin
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there!
Congratulations on your baby! And for keeping your weight stable at that challenging time!!!
Here is some info for you that might help you make up your mind.
Momentum is essentially the Flex program with elements of the Core program added in. You get a certain number of points per day which is set (I recall that Flex used a points range, which is different) and is determined with your personal info (age, weight, activity, nursing...). My daily points target is 23 points.
You get 35 Flex points to use each week if you want to.
You earn exercise points as before.
The Core element of the program comes in with their concept of "filling foods" -- you will feel fuller if you eat, say, 1 cup of brown rice vs 2/3rds of a chocolate bar -- so they recommend that you eat "filling foods" more often. And on your official weekly tracker, you are supposed to fill out a section that measures your hunger levels, so that you can correlate your hunger with what you have eaten.
There is also a strange estimation tool whereby you can estimate the points you eat during special occasions so you don't have to be strictly counting. It is explained later on in the program, and I've never used it (it is a matter of counting food groups and using a set point value per serving of food group, but don't worry about it right now).
The points values for foods are still calculated the same way as with Flex (calories/fat/fiber).
So it really is up to you -- you CAN do it with your old info. You CAN figure out how many points per day you get by checking out the links on some of our posts (just read the WW boards).
But for ME, I really need the in-person support that meetings give, which is why I go to meetings vice using the online tools or going it alone.
Hope this helps!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-25-2009 at 07:38 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much Kira!

For the moment I'll probably start out going it alone, but maybe next payday I'll pop in for a meeting. I do know that when I was going to the meetings they helped to "keep me honest" and gave me motivation, although my leaders voice was just tooooo happy lol.
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Some people have chosen to continue following the Flex plan as it was before Momentum came out, and that's a perfectly viable personal choice. But really, Momentum and Flex are so similar, it's easy to change over once you get your materials! So do what works for you now - if that's following the old flex plan, go for it! The important part is taking steps to take control of your health

Congrats on your new little one!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote