Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Vitamin water 10

Just wondering if anyone has tried this new vitamin water. It is 10 calories per serving (2.5 servings per bottle). It is sweetened with stevia and erythitol. I tried it and think it is awful. I can't find one flavor that I can gag down. Horrible after taste. It taste really artificial. Just wanted others feedback. Trying to make sure it is not just my taster.
Mac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #2  
Workin' It

I don't like the taste either. Didn't realize it was Stevia, I usually like that sweetener.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #3  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

I have not tried it but I don't really want to. The vitamin water company was under a lot of heat because their drinks contain so much sugar per bottle and were among one of the worst ones out there. SO they tried to clean up their image a bit. The result: Vitamin Water 10. Personally, if I'm going to consume something like this, I want the real ddeal. The full sugary vitamin water, or chocolate cake with the full sugar and full fats, the way it was supposed to taste. If I'm going to waste my calories on these things, I want it to be worth it and amazing.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #4  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I got some today and I like it. It was the lemonade flavor. I love lemonade so I thought I would give it a try. I usually drink Crystal Light lemonade anyway. I was happy with it and the added zinc is great for me!
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #5  
it's always something

Vitamin waters don't have the best reputation. Apparently many of the vitamins in them are water soluble and degrade while sitting on the shelf, or they aren't absorbed properly. Plus they cost so much more than just buying a multivitamin.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I have never tried the vitamin water but I do like the Kelloggs All Bran fiber drink and protein drink mixes.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #7  

Yes, I like the Kellog's fiber drinks too.
Mac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

i tried to vitamin water and it was horrible. i bought it before we went on a hike and had to drink some of it but it was the worst stuff i have drank in awhile. but I will try the kellogs drinks and see what I think.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #9  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I tried the yellow one (I think it's citrus flavor?) and I didn't really care for it too much. I don't know if I'll try it again.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/175/150

Height: 5'11''

I love the XXX flavor...of the 150 calorie version. I bought the 10 calorie bottles by mistake and literally couldn't choke it down. It was so unnaturally sweet. And I used to really like artificial sweetener, I had a pretty bad Diet Coke habit. It was undrinkable.
carobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

For me, there is a strange aftertaste, like the lingering numb tongue-feel after a dentist appointment. I've tried the purple and orange kind, and orange was better.
Has anyone tried Fiber One shakes? Mmmmm.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by carobell View Post
And I used to really like artificial sweetener, I had a pretty bad Diet Coke habit. It was undrinkable.
Carobell, have you tried Coke Zero? I was totally addicted but have replaced with SF grape Koolaid
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

eek i tried it and there was a horrible after taste and the bad part is that when i bought it i bought a whole case of it at Costco expecting it would taste good! Anyone comming by my house on halloween? cause im passing these drinks out as treats lol
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ha, I love Vitamin Water 10.

I cannot have artificial sweeteners - I have a terrible allergy or something that causes me to have a migraine if I have splenda, aspertame, anything other than sugar. All the things that were described above about VW10 happens for me if I have a diet coke or something, meanwhile I find VW10 really tolerable. I can detect a little difference from the original, but not enough for me to hate it.

I don't really drink them for the vitamins, though. Juice is too sweet and flavored waters don't have enough flavor (for me) - I find the vitamin water's are just right.

But that's just me
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #15  

DH got me some last weekend. When I got to the bottom of it, there was a gritty taste in my mouth that was very bitter, kind of like sucking on an uncoated aspirin. There was white chunky stuff in the bottom of the bottle. I'm guessing all the stuff just didn't get mixed well in the plant, but after hours of nausea and tummy churning later, I don't think I'll have the nerve to drink another one.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote