South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frazzled Friday Chick Chat

Oh, boy! What a morning so far! Silly little things, but the major one was the coffee pot didn't drip throught the filter and overflowed. I could have made tea, but I ran over to the Wawa for a nice big cup of their yummy coffee. On top of all that, Amber was supposed to be on our local news station, giving this morning's Wake-Up Call, so I was watching the clock so I wouldn't miss her, and they had someone else on instead!

I'll be back in a few!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Sometimes I think the universe just wants us to go back to bed

It looks like a gray rainy couple of days around here. Yesterday was lovely and I did get a walk in after work.

This morning I'm off to take newsletter pictures at a couple of programs. I hoped for outside pics but they will all be inside. Ah well, still fun being out and about.

I am so looking forward to the weekend!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-03-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Wow, Cottage, bummer morning so far! But at least it's Friday and not Monday...(that's me trying to look at the bright side!)

Headed out to school in a few, but buzzing in to wish everyone a great weekend! I need to go shopping for a dress to a formal...what do people wear to formal's these days? I thought maybe a "little black dress" might do the trick. I was a fraternity sweetheart back in 1970-something. They are having a big "40 years on campus" weekend in a couple of weeks and all of the "old" sweethearts are being presented at the formal. Should be fun seeing people I haven't seen since college. May also be weird since my ex-husband was a member. He won't be there since he is working in another state for a few months, so the weirdness factor won't be a overwhelming. Looking forward to some fun and looking good thanks to SB!

Nothing on my slate for the weekend other than our usual Friday nite date (dinner out and going to a bar we've been going to since the aforementioned college days) Other than that, it's just cleaning the house, working in the yard if my leg holds out and a ton of power point work for reading lessons. Only 4 days of school next week, then spring break..yehaaa!! Then only 4 weeks of school after that and I'm free, free, free!!

Cyndi...we were posting at the same time...have fun taking those pics!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-03-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good Morning!

Well today is gonna be a busy day. Dad has to go to the doctors to see if he has Diabetes or not, then we go to breakfast afterwards. Then after that it's off shopping.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd love to go back to bed after a really bad night. My "fixed" knee is really giving me grief and I'm walking with my cane this morning. I hope it feels better by noon when I leap into supervising daffy sales again. I finally have loads of volunteers and even some names for next year.

Jazz's pee problem seems to be gone so I guess the anti-biotic is working. Whew! Today will be another test for him as I'll be in and out all day. Actually this is the way my life will be until Sunday afternoon when we finish the Daffy Campaign. Yesterday went very well - we sold half our stock and I'll be off later today to pick up more to cover Saturday and Sunday.

Hope your day starts out better than Cottage's! I sure hope your Friday improves fast for you.

Cyndi, keep that wet stuff down there, OK? We need to sell daffies outdoors - Delta does not have a Mall.

Cat, a reunion! What fun! Enjoy yourself. You know I am green with envy when you talk about gardening.

Jelly, if your Dad is diabetic, South Beach Phase II is the way for him to eat!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Well my dad assumes that if he has Diabetes that he can't have his coffee or anything.. I tell him get used to Splenda, lol. I love splenda, when I have my cereal in the morning I use that with it instead of reg sugar now.

But I tell ya, if he does have Diabetes he's gonna have to change his food lifestyle, which is good for me too. He also has been having high blood pressure too so I dunno what that brings.

Last edited by JellyBean32882; 04-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jelly, as Ruth advised, following the South Beach plan would be just the thing if your Dad has diabetes.

Ruth, I sure hope nothing major is going on with your knee! My friend who recently had a shoulder replacement has been having a lot of pain lately, too. I wonder if it's the weather?

Cat, you are sure going to "Wow!" everyone at your reunion! I have no idea what people wear to those things nowadays, but I think a "little black dress" would be perfect. You can accessorize it with some striking jewelry and be a real knockout! I hope your leg is healing well.

Cyndi, it's raining yet again here, too. Wanna share an umbrella? Your day sounds pretty fun, though, regardless of the weather.

My day should be pretty easy. I'll have Maggie all morning, and this afternoon I'm dropping off the girls at a playdate, and Cindy will be picking them up. So I hope that means I get to come home early. Then my vacation begins!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! This is the first time I've had time to post in the morning (although no time for personals)... anyways, it's dreary rain here, and I left my umbrella at work! I'll have to bundle up, I guess. Heading to Jersey for meetings today, one of my appointments is in the neighborhood my mother works, so I am meeting her for lunch with a colleague... should be a very interesting world's colliding... then it's the weekend!!! I'm off to the outlets to do a little (a lot?) of shopping tomorrow, then I am VERY excited for sunday... DBF and I got our Mets season tickets in the mail yesterday, and they came with free tickets to a practice game this weekend, so we'll get a sneak peak of the new stadium... we'll get to enjoy all of the supposedly amazing food, without all that pesky baseball getting in the way

TGIF, all!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

hey ya'll.... well today has started rotten here too... rain.. and lots of it... remember my little problem last week?? well its becomin a permanent fixture startiin today... my ss is moving back in tonight.... i had no say and decided not to argue, there was no use.... johns been acting like an idiot, blaming the girls for eating food that was never bought... his way of settin the stage for when ss moves back in and resumes his stealin of the food... we're talkin bags of chips, cookies, empty cans of soup, containers of macaroni salad et etc etc all found hiding in his room, plus all the stuff that he eats on the sly... so john gettin ready to say "well ss isnt the only one who sneaks the food" its pathetic i know... we need councilling big time!!! walked out the door, and because john didnt put the bag of garbage in the back of his truck, theres now rotton food all over.. nice... just a sweet start to whats proving to be a really sh@tty day.... not tiime for personals, im hoping that everyone has a good day and an even better weekend.... take care, i'll try to get in later

stacy xxx
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #10  
sophie

cottage - hope your day gets better.

Ruth - bad news, its pouring cats and dogs here. Hope it doesn't go your way.

Cyndi - have fun taking pictures. Yes, the weekend is here finally but its still nice even if you are retired. Just before I left you mentioned going to Northampton. Was that in Mass. I haven't been there for about two years now but use to go regularly to WEBS, America's Yarn Store and stock up on weaving supplies. Nice little town and do you know the store if you went to Mass.

Femme - The little black dress will always work when in doubt. Bet you will look fantastic in it.

Jelly - hoping for good news for your dad.

Swan - sounds like lunch with mom will be great and going to a baseball game is a sure sign that summer is just around the corner.

Stacey - Wishing you a better day. Counselling would be great, hope it everything works out.

me - bit the bullet today and weighed myself. I feel so happy because I haven't gained anything in the last month. To me is like losing 25lbs right now because I know I wasn't untrack all month. Will join the weekly weigh in. Starting to bake for easter, actually having two celebrations. One next Sunday and the orthodox easter the following week which is our big celebration with a three hour church service.
Sophie
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, Friends!

As a SAHM, weekends were never much different from weekdays. This week, I am so excited for a weekend! We're going to an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow. Sunday, Auston is invited to a birthday party. I have to shop at some point this weekend. I am the only female I know who hates shopping, but is has to be done. I need pants other than jeans for my job.

I hope you all have a great day.

Stacy, hang in there, girl!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm actually sitting at my desk at work, but we're waiting for boss-man to come in and tell us what the day's going to be like. We're kind of on hold since we can't make changes in the system until he runs appraisal notices.

Cottage: Bummer about the coffee pot and Amber's tv spot. I hope she gets another chance! Enjoy your last day with the girls before your vacation!

Cyndi: Sorry it's so gloomy over there. Enjoy picture-taking, though!

Cat: I'm in agreement regarding the LBD, great accessories would really make you stand out. Although, with your new bod, courtesy of your hard work and SBD, you could rock a sexy red number, too! I'm just saying...

Jelly: I hope the news is good for your dad, but if not, the others are right, SBD is a great way of eating for diabetics!

Ruth: I'm glad the daffy sales are coming to an end for you soon and that you were able to secure so many volunteers!! Thank goodness little Jazz is healing up...I guess there will be no more morning messes for you to have to deal with!

Swan: It's great that you and DBF got season tickets to a team you love. I wish DH and I could do the same...we live too far to even consider it! Enjoy the practice game and the food!

stacy: All I can say is that I hope that the situation with ss is better this time than before and that you can all work together to make it a tolerable living situation.

sophie: Congrats on seeing that scale stay put instead of going up! I'm sure April will be a good month for you and the weekly weigh-in will help you stay accountable.

Chelby: I'm glad your job seems to be going well! Weekends are much more exciting when you're working M-F. Enjoy all the fun things y'all have planned!

Me: Other than my workout and dinner last night, the only thing I got done was watching Twilight for the first time. I did enjoy it a lot. I will admit that it was quite cheesey, but still good. I sent it back to Netflix this morning, but I'll probably end up purchasing a copy soon.

Tonight I want to get the house clean so that DH and I can get the yards cleaned up tomorrow. We're also heading to the store tomorrow morning to check out new washers and dryers. Our current ones wash clothes, but not without tons of noise and an unbalanced washer that likes to scoot across the floor. I'd rather replace them now than wait until one goes out and we have to make a rash decision to get it replaced.

Oh! I did start back on Day 1 of P2 today. I was doing okay with calorie-counting, but I think I need the structure of SB again. I'm cheating a bit today, but will be 100% OP tomorrow after a trip to stock up on more veggies.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm arguing with myself this morning!
Just b/c the weathers Crappy its TOM and I'm super Ouchie doesn't mean I get cookies! NO COOKIES!
Chel the weekend will feel so good but soo fast!
Sophie Maintaining is hard BRAVO!
Stacy (hug) Posessions bring out the worst in some people even if it's food I'm sorry you have to deal with this crazy!
Swan Enjoy the soggy land of Jersey!! The Mets Tix sound awesome!
Cottage enjoy the early start to your VAcay Is Wawa Coffee really good?
Jelly good Luck to your Dad!!!
Cat the LBD sounds perfect!
Cynd Me too!!! It's a day to be under the covers!!
Ruth Enjoy the Daffys!
I have to figure out an outfit for a cocktail party tomorrow I'm hoping I have something that fits! Regardless I'm wearing my pimp shoes Black "alligator" shoes in kind of a merrell Shape b/c My foots about to fall off
I ahve to do some writing tonight and dye my hair so My "natural highlights" don't shine through
It actually looks nice on top but those pesky high lights at the roots are a different story!
Goign to exercise after work today get my boxing on!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #14  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, its crappy here as well...snow, rain, slush yuck and very slippery on top of it. what happened to the 50 degree weather we had yesterday. guess its a good day to get my house clean
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #15  

I need to run out in a bit and pick up some forms I left for the Fire Marshall to sign. I'll drive very careful past the police station this time. I am so glad the officer just gave me a warning yesterday. I was not watching my speed.

I'm in a bit of a hormonal mood today. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow so I'm going to work again on getting the poison ivy gone that grew back. I might just get my cultivator out and see if I can get the root ground up or I may need to rent a heavy duty one to do the shrub stumps too. I think I'd rather do that when Don is around though in case I need help.
Closed Thread