Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 216/GW 165

Height: 5'6

Default Just joined 3FC and a bit overwhelmed...

Hey everyone! I just joined because I need all the support I can get - in 'real life' as well as online - and would love to support others. I figured by doing so I could keep myself on track.

I'm 34 and right now I sit at 216 and wanting to get back to 165. 145 would be great, but if I can make it to 165 we'll see about getting there. I had my first child in Dec. of 07. I was about 185 when I got pregnant, gained about 45. Lost some of it after having him but I've been hanging on to about 25 lbs. Ugh.

Before pregnancy I had great success with LAWL, going from 198 to 165. About 4 years later, I'm back at LAWL. I haven't started yet, Monday 2/23/09 is the starting date.

I have a question about 3FC - how do I subscribe to forums, say... this one for instance. I don't see anywhere where I can subscribe. I look in my subscriptions/folders and there's nothing there, obviously because I can't figure out how to get anything there. HELP!
litldee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/250/180

Height: 5'7

I am in the same boat as you in regards to feeling a bit overwhelmed by the site, I am trying to figure out how to post a new thread that is not in the technical area. I do know that you can subscribe to a thread by clicking the thread tools button. I am excited to be here though and can't wait to learn how to navigate the site!

Last edited by artchickadee; 02-20-2009 at 05:47 PM.
artchickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #3  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, welcome!

I am starting to consider pregnancy myself, but in a way I am terrified that I will undo all the progress I've done so far and get stuck with the weight, so I can sympathize.

As for your question about subscribing:
a) Once you post in a thread you automatically subscribe to it
b) You can look under Thread Tools on the upper right corner and you'll see the option to subscribe there

Good luck to you on your journey
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it IS a big site and overwhelming. Check out the Announcements and Forum Help for lots of good hints. Here's the link for "How To Post or Reply". http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17149

Believe me, it does get easier.

to both of you.

Last edited by LBH; 02-21-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #5  

Welcome. My youngest is 5 1/2 so I lost my baby weight excuse a few years back- but that hasn't stopped me from trying to use it! LOL! You'll learn a lot here, I know I have.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome to all the newbies...as for "subscribing"..i'm not sure how you do that???? i've been here for years...i usually just jump right in. You don't need a subscription. Just join the daily chat in any group. You will find what group you enjoy being in the most...but i find i cruise all over here and get advice from differnt people. We have a daily and wkend chat in the 30 something group but there's all sorts of groups..just hop on in and say hi!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #7  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I just joined, too and am a bit overwhelmed. But I did just figure out how to subscribe to threads. You click the purple 'Thread Tools' button in the top right corner above the first post in the thread. The third option in the drop-down allows you to subscribe.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Newbie

I joined today and feel like I am looking at a 50 foot wall of blogs and forums. I have never been a part of a forum before. I cannot wait to figure it all out and make new friends as we strive to meet our goals.
risab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #9  

The thing that took me awhile to figure out was that I could click on the User CP and see updates of threads that I was subscribed to.

Luckily, this forum is set up like another forum that I go to. So, it was easy to learn. The hard part here is figuring out where you fit in the most.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Sorry for the delay posting to you. I thought I had already posted in here...lol! Welcome!!! Don't let it overwhelm you. It took me a week to read and figure this place out. But as soon as I joined I was HOOKED! This is a great place with a great bunch of people. I have belonged to many different boards, but this one is by far the BEST! Good luck to you.
~Candy~
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Welcome and dont worry about being overwhelmed with the site, just take it a step at a time, just like weightloss! :-) I was a little confused at first, but everyone here is quick to help, and as you come here more often it gets easier. Good luck on everything, this is a great site for support!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

It took me awhile to start posting. I lurked for a long time, but one day I just went for it and figured everything out lol.

I agree the site is huge, but the people here are such good folk and they really will help and welcome you.

SO WELCOME!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote