Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Default Diet to Go buddies 2009

Hey all,

As suggested, (a good suggestion by the way!), I have started a Diet to Go thread so that all the information and questions can be in one place.

I started Diet to go in Jan. and as of today I have lost 7.4 lbs for the month! I'm super excited and really love the food I have been eating.

Hopefully this thread will take off and others will try Diet to Go!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #2  

Yippeee............ Congrats. Cheeseheader..... that is a wonderful drop....
Nothings feels so satisfying as watching those darn old numbers MOVE on Down...
Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #3  

yes, i'm excited too! Thanks! I should get my shipment today, so looking forward to seeing the numbers drop this week too. I did a few substitutions, so we'll see how they do with those. My Chalean Extreme should also be here soon, so I can start working out better.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #4  

Well, got my new shipment today and I'm happy to say they got every one of my substitutions right! YAY! I substituted the short rib a few times cause it's awesome! and the rest of the week looks good too, so I'll keep ya updated.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Yay! Great idea on the thread...as the numbers on the scale go down, my motivation picks up. I can definitely see this plan as LONG-term as I enjoy the food very much. Diets just don't work when you can't see yourself doing this "forever." Still deciding on my favorite meal, tough pick.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #6  

So glad you started this thread!

I am loving the program. I do get a little hungry in between meals every now and then, so I have glass of milk in between and at night I have a cup of cocoa or a ChocoPerfection Low Carb chocolate bar. I am trying not to get into fruit because I know those kinds of carbs send my blood sugar crazy and it leads to more hunger. Sometimes I will have a string cheese, but not often. Doing very well and love love love the food! I just had the short ribs and that was to die for! OMG that was good! I can't believe the food they give us! I recently had the Andouille sausage and it was outrageously delicious! Huge sausage link that was truly decadent (and the artichoke hearts and the veggies were to die for that came with the Pork Chop I had last night)! The short ribs were incredible and the meat just fell apart! I love the sausage links they give you with the Western Omelet and the omelet itself is to die for (the links are huge)!

Can't wait until next week when we get Prime Rib. I am ordering an extra as a sub for the Turkey Meatloaf that is the only one I can't eat so far. This food is seriously incredible. The sauces they use really do make you feel that you are eating gourmet. I'm down 6 1/2 pounds in about 9 days. So far so good. The only thing that was odd this week is that two of the breakfasts were starting to defrost pretty good when I got the box (and it is freezing here and snowing). Some idiot put one block of dry ice in the far corner firmly under only two meals! Summer is going to be tricky if this can happen with one day shipping and dry ice. I was surprised to see anything even remotely start to defrost in this weather (I wonder how the people fare who live further out and shipping takes 3 days or so)! They said that they can put extra ice in the summer for us (good thing)! That was obviously a packaging error because you could tell by the way it was placed that it's not like it moved around or anything.

Anyway this has been basically a great experience so far! So jazzed to here these results from you guys! That's awesome!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #7  
Billie-Joe

S/C/G: 220/142/145

Height: 5`5

Hello Crenita,

I am new to this forum and website, how do you get one of the weight rulers? I have been loosing wieght for 1 1/2 years and i have lots of good feelings right now however i like to see results in all aspects. this site is super, so if anyone has some words please reply. I am so glad I am not alone and for some time i felt quite alone.

Cheers
Old 01-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #8  

Hi Billie Joe....... well the tool tracer... is sort of reward for posting on this website ...... you have to be on the site for 30 days and post I forget how many times.. but go to the top of the thread way up at the top where you see the first time Diet to go Buddies... right below is a faint blue line that is tool bar.. on the left side is the initial CP.. clik on that and then clik on edit your signature.. The instructions are listed right there and follow them exactly and it works great.
If you get stuck just ask again and one of us will help.

Have fun making your tracker........
Old 01-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #9  

I agree with Princess, I had the sausage today for lunch and it was awesome and it was huge! I also love the short ribs. I've eaten short ribs my entire life, my mom makes a killer batch, so I wasn't sure how they would be but oh my, I substituted 2 of my meals so I could have extra short rib meals!

I actually was surprised when I had the turkey meatloaf, I really thought I wouldn't like it, but it was really good. I'm thinking of finding a recipe to make my own. Anyway, I start Chalean Extreme on Sunday, so we'll see what a combo of diet and exercise will do to the scale numbers.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 AM   #10  

I am so elated right now! I have lost 8 pounds so far in less than two weeks! The most amazing thing of all is that it wasn't painful or hard. The food makes me think I am doing take out! I was just looking at the other menu's they offer and was struck by how delicious the low fat and vegetarian plans look! I was curious about the vegetarian and can't believe how delicious and unusual and cool all the food looks! The Egg Quesadilla, Mushroom Ravioli and Noodle Kugel sounds incredible and each and every meal looks like some very high quality gourmet offering. I am thinking I will never get tired of this because not only can I go to the low fat plan which has food to die for but I can do the vegetarian which would be a really nice change of pace. All the food is so high quality and so delicious that I know every plan will be incredible. They give you five weeks of new and delicious food so I can change every 5 weeks to a different version and never get sick of anything and still lose weight!

I am sooooooooooo glad I found this place!!!! Cheeseheader, girl you will always hold a special place in my heart for coming here and telling us about this! I have no clue how I passed right over this place when I was doing all the research but for some reason I totally spaced and never checked it out.

So glad I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. By the way I have had a few nights where I ate a few of those rich milk chocolate Dove Chocolate Squares and they did nothing to derail me at all.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #11  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDietMuch View Post
I am so elated right now! I have lost 8 pounds so far in less than two weeks!
Princess, that is GREAT

Quote:
The most amazing thing of all is that it wasn't painful or hard. The food makes me think I am doing take out!
Welcome to high quality meal delivery . You know you've struck gold, when you look at fast food and pizza delivery, and go "nah, I've got alot better stuff in the freezer", or when you go out to eat, and realize that it isn't any better (alot of times not as good) as what you've got at home.

Glad you gals are lovin it and doing well.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #12  

I love love love this diet! I was looking at the low fat plan and I see they have a 1600 calorie and a 1200 calorie plan. I wonder if some of the people who had trouble losing didn't get the 1600 by accident. I say this only because I can totally see that happening. I am going to talk to Diet To Go next week because I am going to switch after my fifth week on the Low Carb and go to the Low Fat menu for 5 weeks and then switch back.

The food looks so delicious on the low fat so I am excited to get all these new mouth watering selections! No other place has this where you can get all these new foods like this and never really get tired of the food! I used to get so darn mad when I was doing Jenny Craig because any time I asked about them ever getting anything new other than a soup or a bar, they would tell me to spice it up. Add more spices to the same tired food. I was insulted by that actually. I mean come on! I paid for Success Plus or whatever it's called, but I just could not face it again. It's one thing to get them through the door but you have to have viable plan to keep them coming back and that's where they are a disaster area. No matter how much will power you have, eating the same old food again and again and again will make anyone crazy.

I have three plans to choose from here and all will help me lose weight! I am going to do at least a couple of weeks of the vegetarian plan also because the food looks killer there too! Lots of choices! That's a major thing for a consumer like me. I NEED variety.

I've done Nutrisystems, JC, Pure Foods and a local plan that is no longer in existence and this one beats them all for me hands down. Very pleased!!

My husband is seriously thinking of joining now because he smells all the food and can't believe it's diet food (and sees me shrinking)! The Prime Rib and all the omelets are to die for! I am still getting my chocolate too (can't be without that)!

If I find I am not losing much on the low fat, I will just go back to the low carb.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #13  

It really is pretty great food. I actually look forward to eating it! I haven't looked at the low fat yet, but I might have to look into that one as well. It's nice to have variety. A friend of mine is on nutrisystem and when I asked how does she fit everything in her freezer or fridge, she told me everything goes in the pantry!!! She has to add water or something to the food, she called it astronaut food. I don't think I could eat something that I had to add water to make it look like food! I told her about Diet to Go and she was surprised by a lot of the food we are eating.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #14  

I could not handle the food from Nutrisystems. I tried but it was awful for me. I also had all kinds of gastrointestinal stuff that made me JUST SAY NO LOL! I think it's all the preservatives used to keep all that food shelf stable (that's what we call it here too..Nasa food). My brother did the diet and was OK with it, but I just could not deal with it. I loved some of Jenny Craig's food but again they don't have many meals to offer and after a while, you can't even look at your favorites anymore (plus they got rid of half of what was really the good stuff for some reason-they need to fire their marketing team).

It will take me a while to get sick of this place. I looked at the vegetarian menu and even that looks yummy! I thought I would also try that for a month too once I am done doing the low fat and then start all over again with the low carb. Actually I have always wanted to eat cleaner and know what it's like to do vegetarian food and this one actually makes it look like fun because the foods all look incredible! I love that they have three plans with 5 weeks of different menu's. I have absolutely no interest in even trying Bistro so I will stick it out here and see how it goes.

I am trying to have a cup of hot cocoa in place of the chocolate bar and that seems to be keeping me satisfied at night. Nothing like watching the snow outside and sipping a cup of steaming hot chocolate! Mmmmmm!

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 02-02-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #15  

As a footnote the only complaint I have is that there's too much chicken. It's good chicken but it's a bit much. There are days where it seems that lunch and dinner and everything is chicken. I wish there was more beef, maybe even a nice slice of thick ham for dinner, maybe some lamb or something other than mostly chicken (they do have fish but there should be more fish dishes). There are days where it's kind of boring facing another chicken dish but once I eat, it's OK and tasty. I think I'll be doing more subs next time for beef so I can mix it up more.
Closed Thread