Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #1  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie! They told me to check out featherweights....

I posted this in the introductions forum and a couple of gals told me to come here.....so here I am:

Hey everybody! My friend told this place is awesome for staying motivated to be healthy and lose weight. So here I am, introducing myself!

I'm 23. The first time I consciously started trying to lose weight was about 2.5 years ago. We had just moved and bought a new scale and I was shocked to see that I weighed as much as I did, 155 pounds! I blame it on the fact that in our previous apartment, we didn't have a full length mirror so I had no idea what I was looking like

I started exercising and dieting and quickly dropped about 8-9 pounds. After that it got a little harder, the weight was still coming off but not very fast. I finally got down to about 132 and stayed there for like 4-5 months. Then I went out of town for a week in August and got out of my routine (my mom's cooking is just too good!). The truth is I have a problem with overeating and love food so I eat it even when I'm not hungry. So quitting the diet plus not exercising and THEN adding on the holidays = BAD NEWS! I knew I was gaining but just didn't care!

I am now back up to 144 and pretty ticked off about it! LOL! It's not even like a healthy 144, which I've been before, you know when I'm exercising and stuff. It's a gross, fat in weird places, can't fit into my clothes, my face looks totally different 144. You know the difference? BLAH!

So now I'm back at square one it feels like. I'm married and have been for a few years and we are thinking about getting started on our family in about a year or so. So my goal is to get to 125 before I get pregnant. I know I can do it b/c I've been so close before, until I got WAY lazy. I have a feeling as soon as I get back to the gym some of it will come off pretty fast, but after that, I'm gonna need your help to stay motivated.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I think it's fabulous that you fix it before it becomes worse. Getting rid of the all or nothing thinking really helps. Somehow we think we either have to diet and be strict, or eat everything we want and do nothing. But there's so much in between. And boy do I understand about the last pounds coming off more slowly!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #3  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Take it five pounds at a time. That's what I'm doing. My first goal was to get under 160 and stay there (I was 165 at the time). Now my goal is to get under 155 and stay there; I'm almost there. My next goal will be to get under 150 and stay there, but my motivation is waning.

So take baby steps. Like she^^ said, all or nothing generally doesn't work, especially when you start losing faith/motivation.
Good luck!
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

welcome to the thread. I'm pretty new here, too. good luck in your journey!
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/156/133

Height: 5'7

Default Diet Twins!

Rnbg813 - Reading your story is like reading my own! I have had the same struggle and am currently at that same "why does my face look weird in pictures?" and "where did that lump come from?" stage. Although we both are healthy for our respective heights it is not a weight that FEELS good!

I am always looking for ways to stay motivated as well as help others stay motivated...maybe if we work together we can do it this time because your friend was right, this is a GREAT place to get motivated and stay on your journey!

Welcome!!
CoCoCouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Rachel

You certainly are in the right place... Good luck !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152.2/151.6/125

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Rachel,

Welcome! I'm new too, but Featherweights looks like the place to be. I was struck by our similar stats: 5'6", high weight of 155, and our love of food. Honestly, I worry about the maintenance phase, which is why I picked a goal of 135 for now. I want to be able to eat after I've lost weight without being hypervigilant--I guess that's where the exercise comes in!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it's going for you.

--Ms. Michael
aka BabyGotBack
BabyGotBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

BabyGotBack to Featherweights and 3FC
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #9  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

Height: 5'6"

hey BabyGotBack!! we can be buddies if you want
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Welcome!

I'm not new here.. I actually joined in the summer, but I didn't come on for a while because I got off plan. Now, I'm back and very determined to lose this weight! If you ever need any motivation, we can give each other some! Haha.
MelodyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Rachel. My name is Rachel, too. :-)
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote