Old 12-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/240/199

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy Plan Documentation Clarification Needed

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me determine what document the actual “diet” is in. I have ordered a “La Weight Loss Express and Free to Live Plan” off of eBay and the “FREE TO LIVE (L A WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS KIT)” off of Amazon (I’m hoping to entice a friend to join me!). Well, I got my purchase from Amazon today which is a single ring-bound book (copyright 2007). I’ve flipped through it but I don’t see anything that tells me how to determine what I’m allowed to eat (i.e. 3 proteins, 4 veg, etc).

Am I somehow overlooking the “diet” information?

Thanks…

BTW...Of course I will read the book thoroughly as soon as possible!
WithFaith50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Hmm, when I did LA I got this little booklet from the center that determined what plan I should be on. It says "Your Personal Program" "Menu Plan Kit" on the cover.

Oh yeah, mine is from 06, and it is a gold booklet.

Last edited by stellarwbz; 12-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #3  

Thanks for the response stellarwbz! I went back and read the details of my eBay purchase. Luckily that kit specifically says that I will get a personalized plan (I gave my height, weight, & gender) which includes:

"...the program to start with along with a chart for your specific plan changes as you lose your weight.

You will get the program for eating two protein bars per day as well as without so you can choose whichever fits your lifestyle!
..."

Hopefully my friend can use the same plan as me since we are about the same weight!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

If you are 5'8 and your current weight is 248 (I'm going off of your signature thingy) then your plan would be Menu Plan 3 with LA Lites (you are within 5 lbs. of the drop to that plan so I would start on that one)

If you are not using LA Lites then you would start on menu plan number four.

Menu Plan 3
3 proteins
4 veggies
3 fruits
4 starches
2 dairys
2 fats
2 *LA Lites (can find some really good replacements for these!)
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #5  

Thanks AndreaMarie ! I was following Plan 4 with 2 Fiber One bars. Dropping down should help me manage getting in all of my servings.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #6  

Yeah!! I love the fiber one bars!! You may want to try the south beach diet high protein cereal bars as well, they have a little more protein.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaMarie View Post
Yeah!! I love the fiber one bars!! You may want to try the south beach diet high protein cereal bars as well, they have a little more protein.
Oooow...Sounds yummy!

BTW...I was raised in Forest City, NC. Are you anywhere near there?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #8  

I live about 45 minutes from Charlotte. Not to sure where Forest City is........ is it by Raleigh?? If so, I'm about 3.5 hours from there.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaMarie View Post
I live about 45 minutes from Charlotte. Not to sure where Forest City is........ is it by Raleigh?? If so, I'm about 3.5 hours from there.
Hello ! Forest City (in Rutherford County) is about 60 minutes from Charlotte. If you can picture Charlotte and Asheville on map, Forest City is about in the middle, lol! Another way to picture it is knowing that Charlotte is in Mecklenburg County, which is beside Gaston County, which is beside Cleveland County, which is beside Rutherford County. I hope I haven't confused you more, LOL!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithFaith50 View Post
Hello ! Forest City (in Rutherford County) is about 60 minutes from Charlotte. If you can picture Charlotte and Asheville on map, Forest City is about in the middle, lol! Another way to picture it is knowing that Charlotte is in Mecklenburg County, which is beside Gaston County, which is beside Cleveland County, which is beside Rutherford County. I hope I haven't confused you more, LOL!
That's not far from me at all, I map quested it!!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #11  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

AndreaMarie I have been reading your posts and you seem to have alot of knowledge about this stuff. I am 170 pounds. I did two days of TO and now I am on the Gold plan. 2p,2s,3f,3v,1d,1f,2lites. Do you agree this is best for me? I am about 5'6". Also my friend is starting la this week on her own and was wondering if exercise was good to do in weight loss. What do you thinkl?
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofthree View Post
AndreaMarie I have been reading your posts and you seem to have alot of knowledge about this stuff. I am 170 pounds. I did two days of TO and now I am on the Gold plan. 2p,2s,3f,3v,1d,1f,2lites. Do you agree this is best for me? I am about 5'6". Also my friend is starting la this week on her own and was wondering if exercise was good to do in weight loss. What do you thinkl?
Gold works well but your measurements for various foods are different. If you do follow gold then I would be very careful with what's known as carb cravers. Using just one per day can greatly drop your protein intake and you really don't want that when dieting. The alternative to Gold would be Menu #2 until about 150-155 when you would drop to plan #1. However, if you do follow the Gold Menu you would drop to Green at 140. The Green plan is 2 p, 2s, 2f, 2v, 1d, 1ft, 2la lites. Exercise is good to do with any weight loss regimne. It increases your metabolism and help to give you more noticable results usually due to the increase in lean muscle mass. Cardio and Weights (which most women leave out) will definatly change your body. Diet is 80% of the battle but the rest will come from quality workouts. Goodluck with your goals though, if you need anything else just ask!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #13  

Height: 4'10"

I was wondering if someone could help me you. I bought the colored set from ebay. Well I also bought the numbered plans after I read what was wrote about the new plans and I am afraid to start on plan 3 because even without the lites I would be eating so much more food, its the startches that worry me. I was on the purple plan before with lites and did very well 48 lbs. Does anyone happen to know what the purple plan without lites would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You , Dawn
Ryesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6

If you were on purple with lites then you would move up to red without lites. That is:
2.5 protein
4 veggies
3 fruit
3 starch
1 dairy
1 fat

Portion sizes on red are the same as purple
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #15  

Height: 4'10"

Thank you so much I just really wanted to go back without the lites because I never used the bars I always used the cocoa or the shakes to save calories.
Ryesmom is offline   Reply With Quote