Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/178/135

Height: 5'8"

Default Can someone tell me the affects of the menstrual cycle?

HI! I just started this atkins thing 3wks, 2days ago.... I've gone from 190 to 178 lbs already.... I'm wondering how long it's taken you all to lose as much as you have so far.... success stories? also, I can't seem to find info on whether our menstrual cycle affects the weight loss and how much... I've only lost about 3 lbs in almost 10 days and I started my period yesterday, so I can't figure out if the week before and during my period are going to stall progress. What are your thoughts? It sucks to think I'll only lose weight two weeks a month and be at a standstill the other two! Thanks for your help! Nickie
NickieMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Nickie,

Stalled weight loss at that time of the month is actually pretty common as I'm sure most of the ladies here will agree. Your body gets bloated & retains water. As far as losing 12 lbs in 3 weeks and now losing 3 lbs in 10 days...thats fairly normal as well. Depending on how much you have to lose to begin with, your body may lose pretty quickly when you first begin, then it tapers off...its your body's way of "catching up".

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-16-2007 at 09:40 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/175.5/155

Height: 6'2"

I agree w/ everything Kim said above. One thing I have noticed since LCing is that during that T.O.M., I no longer have terrible mood swings, breakouts or cravings. It's amazing how much eating the RIGHT foods affects your body. Everyone blames weight gain on TOM, age, whatever. That's not it. Those people should really educate themselves on why their bodies have become insulin resistant (not necessarily diabetic though). It's amazing.
RunnerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

yeah i asked a similar question not so long ago. your period can cause you to gain from 1 - 8 lbs in water weight depending on the person. don't worry too much.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote