Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #1  
GO YELLOW TEAM!

S/C/G: 287/281/190

Height: 5'7

Unhappy I need HELP! Im depressed, fat, jobless and needing support!

Hi everybody... I just discovered this site. And I think its perfect for what I need. Let me describe myself:

First name (if you want to tell): Celianne

Geographical location: Ponce, Puerto Rico, USA

Marital Status: Unhappy with a BF

Children/Ages: none

Pets: One Dog, Rookie.

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, shopping, reading mags. Tv.. Shopping

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hopefully, This week

Starting Weight: 287

Present Weight:287

Goal Weight: i say 180 but i'm happy where i am... we'll see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being jobless, depressed and having a busted leg for a year. I cant run or do mayor excersises

Following any specific plan: Atkins, hopefully

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Ridiculous amounts of diet pills and fad diets that usually dont last more than a week.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ok, so I am very frustrated here. I need to loose OBSCENE amounts of weight ASAP. I cant wear any of the clothes that I have in my closet, NONE OF THEM FIT...
I decided to share with you guys, because I have no self esteem whatsoever, the depression pills have worked, but I still have my ups and downs. Having no job and no money, I guess the internet is the best guide for me, after trying everything from Colonics, to DualAction, Xenadrine, Hydroxy-whatev, and every weight loss pill that has been sold @ Gnc. Today I decided I wanted to try the Atkins diet. I want to loose as much weight as possible before my family's christmas dinner. So, If anyone can help, just saying Hi or anyone that has gone through this situation, gime me a ring.. I will reeealy appreciate it.

XoXo's, Cely
MissCely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #2  
eat less, move more!

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Celianne,
I just joined about a week ago, this is a great place for support.

For the most part, around here the motto is slow and steady weight loss.

Most of us find that when we do things to do lose weight really quickly, all the weight comes back.
Atkins type plans will let you lose a lot quick, the worries are going carb crazy after a while and binging on carbs, or when you are ready to get off the diet, it is hard to gradually add carbs back in so that the weight doesn't come back too quickly.
Good luck!
Billies Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome.

I agree-- slow and steady wins the race. You didn't get overweight overnight and you shouldn't lose it overnight-- if you want to keep it off.

Don't look at the big picture-- make a small goal like to lose 5 or 10 pounds and get there healthfully.

There are reasonable plans that work out there. I do/did Weight Watchers and it works. I know others calorie count and that works too. Basically, if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. It isn't fast. But you can lose a fair amount of weight before Christmas. You say you've tried all the diets-- I did too.... it doesn't work to "try" a diet. You have to make a lifestyle change that you are willing to stick with for the rest of your life. I hang out at "Living Maintenance" and the advice there is great-- there are many who have lost over 100 pounds are are successfully keeping if off. There are also 20-somethings forums and 100-plus forums here.

I highly recommend weight watchers-- it works and is sensible.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! This site is a wonderful source of support and knowledge. Start now, right this minute! You CAN do this!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #5  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Cely!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/175

Height: 5'5

Welcome Cely! i'm brand new here today too! if you ever need someone to talk to let me know! i'm starting fresh tomorow!
kristynewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #7  
GO YELLOW TEAM!

S/C/G: 287/281/190

Height: 5'7

Thnx everyone for the motivation, I reaally need it. Check out my next plans @ my 3FC blog.

XoXo's, Cely

Last edited by MissCely; 11-10-2008 at 09:33 PM.
MissCely is offline   Reply With Quote