Old 07-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #1  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Brownie sundae

Without sounding like too much of a shill for Vitalicious, I have to say, I am in LOVE with their muffins and brownies. I ordered a chocolate sampler last week and I've been loving the results. For a super-quick, 200 calorie dessert that tastes like utter sin, you have to try this. It looks miniature, but the taste is so amazing you can savor each small bite:

Brownie sundae

1 Vitalicious brownie
1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
1 heaping tsp chocolate syrup
Raspberries (optional)

Slice the brownie in half and place it in a small bowl; warm briefly in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Using a tablespoon, scoop out 4 tbs of ice cream and place over the brownie. Drizzle measured chocolate syrup on top, and sprinkle with raspberries (if they're in season and you can afford them!)

Brownie: 100 cals
Ice cream: 80 (using the Whole Foods store brand, anyway- YMMV)
Syrup: 20 cals (using Ah!laska organic chocolate syrup)

It's not whole foods and certainly does still have a sugar kick, but there's nothing artificial -- you could do a LOT worse. It's so amazingly decadent, but doesn't require too much effort to squeeze into my daily calories!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

Great idea - I just ordered some of the brownies and will definitely try this. Thanks
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #3  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post

Brownie sundae

1 Vitalicious brownie
1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
1 heaping tsp chocolate syrup
Raspberries (optional)

Slice the brownie in half and place it in a small bowl; warm briefly in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Using a tablespoon, scoop out 4 tbs of ice cream and place over the brownie. Drizzle measured chocolate syrup on top, and sprinkle with raspberries (if they're in season and you can afford them!)

Brownie: 100 cals
Ice cream: 80 (using the Whole Foods store brand, anyway- YMMV)
Syrup: 20 cals (using Ah!laska organic chocolate syrup)
damn, daaam, ddaaaAAAAMMMNN!!! THANK you for this!!! awww, I'm trying that this coming weekend for sure!
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #4  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, the many joys of Vitalicious! I can get some from the Stop & Shop, but often order from their website when there are free shipping sales on the Hungry-Girl website. Put some Cool Whip Free between two chocolate Vita-Tops, and an AMAZING "moon pie" is born! The corn muffins are a wonderful addition to a Progresso Light soup lunch, too. MMMMMM... Yep, I am a Vitalicious addict!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #5  
99 lbs. Gone!

Another nice addition is a tsp or so of Starbucks coffee liqueur (I buy it in the mini bottles).
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #6  
99 lbs. Gone!

These are great for making brownie sundaes:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...evin+alexander
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote