South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Saturday/Sunday On The Beach!

Greetings from Bar Harbor!

Just wanted to pop in to say "hi" ! It's just gorgeous here and we're having a wonderful time. Today we're going on a whale-watching cruise and hiking on Cadillac Mountain. It should be fun! I've been eating lobster with almost every meal (no butter), thank goodness it's SBD friendly!

I haven't heard anything regarding the hurricane, but everyone please stay safe and take care.

Bye for now!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage- I am so jealous! That's one of my favorite places to visit. Hope you see lots of whales and love the view from the mountain

It's a mellow at home weekend around here. I'm working on some dehydrator stuff, doing some laundry, riding my bike and not driving anywhere!

Have a good day Chicks
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lobster! Yum! One of the good things about DH#1 was that he didn't like lobster - more for me!

It rained overnight but is clearing beautifully now, getting ready for a gorgeous long weekend. I didn't get much done yesterday - seemed to be just treading water - so have a few things that must happen this morning before the Pypers arrive.

Back later - just got notification of a software download that I've been ignoring a while. Better do it!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks! I think it is going to be a beautiful day.

Cottage Glad you are having such a great time, I have never been whale watching, how exciting

Cyndi Hope you have a perfectly calm weekend!

Ruth Enjoy your weekend!

I have general cleaning and laundry to do this morning and then a quick trip to the store to buy some things for the journey to Michigan tomorrow. Hope to get an early start if I can get everyone moving tomorrow and get up there early. This is a once a year thing for my brother, sister and myself since our parents passed. Sailing on Lake Michigan, there is nothing better (but no whales to watch) .

Have a great long weekend, and stay safe all my friends down there in the path of the storm.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #5  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Cottage, I love that area. Just gorgeous! Have a great time!

Ruth, have a lovely weekend.

Hi all,

Today I'll just be playing "catch up," doing all the things I didn't get to yesterday.

Everyone in the hurricane's path, you're in my prayers. Stay safe.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - I am SOoo jealous! My DH and I went there when I was pregnant the first time. Went all the way up the east coast (from NC), up to PEI. We always joked DS was such a good baby b/c I ate so much lobster! It was beautiful!!

Cyndi, Ruth, Belle, Steph, and all others to follow - enjoy your holiday weekend!

Me - I'm a bit excited. We decided last minute yesterday that we'd go to the zoo today! It's about three hours away, so we'll take off today, maybe visit the children's museum, and then go to the zoo tomorrow then head home. Now, if only my kids will behave...

Have a great holiday!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!! So glad everyone is having a nice weekend!

We are in "wait and see" mode , but it doesn't look good right now as we are on the east side of the projected path. Evacutations have started in some parishes that are closer to the coast and special needs people are being brought to drop off points to get bussed out of N.O. Mandatory evacs are starting later on today.

We have all of our supplies in place and today the guys will start hauling stuff inside that might blow around and cause damage. Husband wants to get out and cut the grasss again even though he cut it earlier in the week just in case we get trees down and can't cut it for a while.

Want to go do something fun with my daughter here, but we may not be able to due to the evacuation traffic and all the stores will be packed. We don't know how she is going to be able to leave tomorrow. Her flight out was for one tomorrow out of New Orleans. With contraflow starting today all traffic will only be allowed OUT of New Orleans, so we have a problem. Looks like I get to keep her a bit longer maybe. She was supposed to fly out of L.A. on Monday to go to Miami for a month as her BF has a design job there. But looks like Hanna may be going to the east coast so that may be postponed anyway.

Outside it feels "prehurricaney" this morning, which is actually pretty neat weather, but ominous knowing what might be coming our way.

I have not been sick since I started SB 17 months ago and I think it all "stored up" and hit me at once. Sore throat and horrendous sinus infection so bad I had to sleep sitting up last night. This all really sucks.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-30-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I am waiting for my friend to come by, we have plans to go out to breakfast and shop a bit. The kids are at my mom's and she'll take them to riding lessons, I just need to be back at noon to pick them up. After that chores around here and maybe the movie on the green tonight. Saturdays fly by too quickly!

Weight is up a little this morning, but I had two glasses of wine last night (planned treat), and scraped the topping off a slice of cheese pizza, so I'm sure salt/alcohol are involved. I'll drink lots of water today, and things will be fine! I have been on plan so no reason to worry. Still gray and drizzly around here, but tomorrow is forecast to be very nice!

cottage, yum, lobster! I lived in Maine when I was pregnant with DD1, and ate many lobsters during that time. She is a PITA, think they're related? It actually put me off lobster for a bit, because I had a gall bladder attack after eating some in my 8th month, but it didn't last fortunately (the attack or the dislike). You make me wish I was back in Maine!

Cat, sorry you are not feeling well during DD's visit! That really does suck.

Twynn, have a fun overnight!

Belle, I'll be doing the same this afternoon.

Steph, your trip sounds really fun! Enjoy!

Ruth,
you probably needed a quiet day yesterday to prepare for your hyper Pypers.

Cyndi, now that my freezer's dead, I probably need to start learning about dehydrating. Got a good tutorial?

Enjoy the day ladies, and chicks to come!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:19 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Cyndi, now that my freezer's dead, I probably need to start learning about dehydrating. Got a good tutorial?
Funny you should ask that. One of my projects is to read over materials for a training I'm doing for child care folks on 9/9. I'll send you a list of links for the good stuff
Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #10  

Brian got to see his Dad last night. Connie said Robert is talking about forgiveness and it sounds like he will be okay seeing me if I am bringing Brian to visit him. We may find out later today.

Right now we need to go meet a cubmaster at the warehouse so he can get the raingutter regatta equipment. Later we have to take on cat for her annual shots and then at 4 we have a friend and her son coming over to swim and eat dinner. Somewhere in between we'll stop by the hospital.

I didn't get to mow last night since we were at the hospital so that needs to be squeezed in somewhere too. I need more hours in the day.

I'm watching Gustav and hoping for the best.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Me too, Cyndi! I just unloaded my dehydrator - tomatoes this time - and am amazed and delighted at the results. No, I didn't eat the whole batch.

Pacer, sailing on Lake Michigan sounds great even if there is no lobster. I much prefer sailing to noisy motor boats.

Belle Mer, I am sort of doing catch-up too this morning.

Twynn, have a ball at the zoo. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

Cat, sorry you are sick on top of all the other hurricane stuff. Having your DD for a visit is good though even if it's an enforced one.

Schmoodle, my weight is up this morning too. Maybe it's a phase of the moon rather than going off program.

Just came in from putting out the deck cushions but that's about all I've done this morning. We may or may not have rum cake for dinner but I definitely need to get the dry marinade on the roast! I've no idea when the Pypers are arriving but it'll be chaos here for a bit until they all go out in the boat so I'd better get it done NOW!

Thinking and worrying a lot about the Beachies in the storm path. Barb, you don't need storm worries on top of all the other stuff but you'll tough it out, I'm sure.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning

schmoodle... sounds like water weight to me.

cottage... bar harbor and lobster sounds great

Cat you are in my thoughts....

Tywnn enjoy the zoo.

I know i missed folks... Stephanie, Cindi, Bel Mer , love you all too

Me: dh is racing today. aaron is coming over to help upgrade my site, the weather is overcast and cool for august, and the scale is a new all time low this morning of 211.2 this counting beachy points is working.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Nessa, so glad this is working for you, sometimes we just need to shake things up I think our bodies get in a rut much like our own lives do sometimes.

Back to cleaning.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Cottage- Your bringing back memories of when we lived in Maine and visited Bar Harbor- enjoy your time there

Cat- We are all wait and see with you- I pray that you get to feeling better as well.

Twynn- Sounds like you have a fun day planned, enjoy.

Belle- Enjoy your day

Steph- Have fun on the trip!

Ruth- Hope you finish up everything you need to do

Cyndi- I may have to invest in a dehydrator some of the stuff you guys talk about sounds so good.

Nessa- Congrats on the scale movement- I know that is making for a good day for you

Schmoodle- Have fun with your friend enjoy your time.

Barb- Glad to hear that things are going well for you.

As for me- Yesterday I was onplan again so I feel much better today- I need to start logging food again that is what helped me before counting the calories along with eating right.

My son's HS Football team won last night so that was good. Today just some general cleaning in the morning and then we are off to do a bit of shopping. Tommorrow we are going to one of McCain's rallys my DH got us tickets- I am going along to learn about his VP pick- I am still undecided on who I am going to vote for- (I am not sure if we are allowed to talk politics if not sorry)

Have a great day- and Southern Chickies I sending prayers your way as Gustav is now a Category 2.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - I'm so envious, I can hardly be nice to you. I love love love love love lobster! ENJOY!!

Cyndi - enjoy the relaxation!

Ruth - have a great weekend!

Pacer - enjoy the prep. Lake Michigan sounds like a great time

Belle - have a great day!

Twynn - the zoo is always a great time, especially with kids! Enjoy, girl.

Cat - we're in the same situation as you....only traffic allowed in Lafayette is OUT of the city. They are setting up all the contraflow stuff this afternoon...might prove difficult for DH to get to school and finish up some work. He's trying to finish as much as possible in case the school is closed for a long time. Be safe! We've been putting everything indoors - plants and everything in the garage - quite the job! Unfortunately, we're pretty sure the fence that we JUST put up isn't going to make it through the storm What a gorgeous morning though, huh? It's almost chilly here and bright! Perfect day for going to the park! Be safe dear and enjoy the time with your family

Schmoo - enjoy your Saturday. I've been trying to convince DH to go out for breakfast. I do not feel like cooking!

Nessa - congrats on that scale! Good work on the points...I might be consulting (bugging) you in a few months for more info.

Pearl - I believe this morning it was upgraded to a cat. 3 - but that could change both ways. Until it is in the gulf and dead set on it's path, the best we can do is plan for the worst. Have fun today and congrats to your son!

--

Doing laundry today so I have something to do while we're out of power. One nice thing about being without power for awhile is that I don't have many distractions (I'm totally addicted to the 'net) to stop me from doing thorough cleaning!

Baking banana bread, cranberry orange bread and regular ww bread - hopefully DH can keep his mitts off of it until we lose power.

Trying to clean out the fridge of things that are easily perishable - eggs and milk specifically.

DH is boarding up windows today and moving the rest of the things out of the yard/porch so they don't become projectiles.

Bought a carseat for the new baby last night. Found a Britax companion infant seat at Target on clearance for 49.98. Orig. 209.99. I had been looking to buy one and gritting my teeth at the price (we were given a convertible Britax for DS so I didn't have another to use) - prayers answered! DS dragged it into the living room in front of the tv and proceeded to sit in it while he was watching cartoons....apparently he thinks it is a new recliner for him.

Time to make waffles - the herd is whining. Have a nice day, girls!
Closed Thread