General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

Default OT:How many times a day should i be peeing?

Hi I have a funny question....What's average as far as frequency of peeing? I feel like I must pee like 12-20 times a day! I probably drink about a half gallon of water a day so maybe that's normal? I don't know. What do you think?
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't know about that, but I'm curious to the answers people will give to this question because, well... it seems I've been rushing to the bathroom constantly myself.

~Rina
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I was concerned about this too when I started eating healthier and drinking more water. I swear I was going to buy stock in toilet paper!

According to what I found on the net and what my doctor tells me, the average person pees 7-10 times a day, more if there is a lot of fluid intake. What one needs to be concerned with is the color of your urine. If it is pale yellow or clear, then there isn't anything to worry about. It is when your urine is dark yellow or a yellowish orange then you aren't drinking enough water. However, there are some vitamins and foods (like asparagus, broccoli) that will darken your urine. I found when I started on a multi vitamin or when I ate a lot of asparagus.

Also - when you first start drinking a lot of water, your body will (depending on how dehydrated you are) store the water for a day or so and then you will notice a drastic change in the number of times you urinate.

As you lose weight, water helps flush the fat out of your system, so it is very important to drink your water!

Hope this helps!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #4  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

EVERYONE I know makes fun of me for the amount of times I run to the bathroom each day... I probably go about every hour when I'm awake, then I wake up half-way through each night to go

I would say that it's a problem if it weren't for the fact that it's not "piddles" each time.. (I hope that makes sense!)

I think what's normal is whatever's normal for you-- it's going to be based on how much, and what, you're eating, as well as how much you're drinking (and what). I know that tea and coffee make me go a lot more than water, and water makes me need to go a lot more than soda.

The only time you should be worried is when you're needing to pee frequently, and it's VERY little EVERY time.. Then you might want to talk to your doctor
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #5  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

As someone said, I'd watch the color. If it's dark and smelly (other than when you eat asparagus), I'd check with your doctor.

If it's light, I wouldn't worry unless you want to check with doc to be sure
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

oh good thanks. it's usually almost clear and it's plentiful. lol. i was just noticing that i go a lot and got scared. i eat a lot of fruit too which probably makes it worse since it's all water.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote