Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 09:43 AM   #1  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Default Sugar Free Jam or Jelly with Splenda

I just finished making Splenda sweetened Strawberry Jam with Fruit Jell no sugar needed pectin. FANTASTIC!! Tastes JUST like regular jam! Today we will make Peach Jam...YUMMY! Just follow the directions in the box and it was SO easy! It has some carbs from the fruit the Splenda and the pectin but MUCH less then the Low Sugar or Sugar Free kind you buy at the store and it tastes FANTASTIC!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Vanessa, good to see you posting. How have you and the girls been doing? I bet your still enjoying your beach house.

Just wanted to say hi.
Debbie
Old 06-20-2002, 01:22 PM   #3  

oooh, I'll have to give it a try! I love homemaking my own jam and the peaches ripen and ready for jamming in August--same as the wild blueberries up here!
Old 06-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #4  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

DEB! We are just great! The whole family is just lovin the beach and we are taking full advantage of it this summer.

The jam turned out great and we are getting ready to make sugar free grape jelly and sugar free zucchini bread and butter pickles (LOADS of Zukes commin in...lol) and zucchini dill pickles!
Old 06-28-2002, 06:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Thatgirl, do you use Splenda, spoon for spoon with sugar? I love to make my own jam too but I always made mine with extra sugar.

*why, no. I don't know why I have a weight problem. *

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 07:36 AM   #6  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Nora the "no sugar needed pectin" box says you can add 3 cups of sugar so I used 3 cups of splenda per box. It turned out just as sweet as store bought regular full-sugar jam. My kids are so happy that they can finally have peanut butter and jelly with "real jelly" (they used to use that sugar free garbage) and of course 100% whole wheat lowest carb I can find bread.

The pectin has a few carbs...so does the pourable splenda and the fruit...but MUCH less then the garbage you can buy and it tastes SO much better. As long as you just have it every now and then it isn't bad. My family and I are low carbers for life so this is a GREAT find for us.

I'm still on the lookout for some way to make carb free cookies
Old 06-28-2002, 07:39 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll copy this into the recipe section for future reference. Will try it next week.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #8  

Smile

I called the spenda co.. and they told me to use it cup for cup as sugar.... I have been making jams and jellies since it came out.. I have a number of diabetics in the family... they look it.. alsso have made a cheese cake with it.. family didnt knwo it was no sugar....... :-)

Closed Thread