Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/196/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Newbie with questions

I hope I'm posting these quesions in the correct section? I'm getting ready to start ww Core. I will be doing my grocery shopping tonight and I'm making my list.....I have a few questions for those of you that have been doing this for a while.

First question....I tried FF cheeses about 10 years ago or so and was NOT impressed!! Have the FF cheeses evoloved or improved at all?? I sure do hope so! Any brands that you all would recommend? I'm specifically interested in shredded cheddar cheese.

Question #2..I found a recipe here called "Smothered Chicken and Barley" that I'd like to try. It calls for uncooked pearl barley. What section of the grocery store would I buy that? What does it look like? A power..liquid?? I have no clue

Last Question is about jarred spaghetti sauce......if you use a FF/SF variety is it core?? If so, which one would you recommend?

If I don't get responses to my questions here I will try on the regular core board.

Thanks a Bunch!
Zhai-Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #2  
Jean

1. Fat free cheese have not evolved much at all. I prefer the soy cheeses, they are totally core and you don't have to kill yourself trying to find fat free.

2. Pearl barley can usually be found by the dry beans or rice in the grocery store. It is a whole grain and can be used as a side dish, in soup or part of a main dish.

3. I have not found a jarred sauce that is core. Most of them contain oil of some sort and you don't know how much is in there. WW has a simple sauce recipe, do a search and make your own. Its not difficult and tastes much better.

Good luck!
wreckerbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/196/140

Height: 5'1"

Thanks a bunch Jean!
Zhai-Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote