Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default To those Who Don't Mind Sharing Their Stories...

Out of Curiousity.... Anyone have a real, true, lose weight quick story? If you do I'd like to hear it, and how you did it, if you are willing to share
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Define "lose weight quick"?

I have a bunch of them ... where I dropped weight quickly, and then gained it all back.

The God's honest truth is that there is no such thing as a successful "lose weight quick" plan, just as there's no successful "get rich quick" plan.

Losing weight and keeping it off takes time, work, and a dedication to changing your lifestyle.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm sure you'll come across many 'lose weight quick stories' followed up by stories where the person describes gaining it all back and then some. ^^
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Lose weight quick stories? Uh-uh. No can do. But I've got PLENTY, PLENTY of GAIN quick stories.

Losing weight IS doable. But it does takes commitment and hard work.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #5  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Ashisback - I just commented on your Lipovox thread. You need to get the idea of losing weight quickly out of your head. And the idea of using a drug to do it.

Many, many posts here say the same thing, as well as many doctors, trainers, fitness personalities - those who do drastic things to lose weight quickly are just going to gain it back and then some. One of the only ways to lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off is to do it healthy and slow - a calorie deficit (but not enough to starve yourself) and exercise. 1-2 pounds a week is what you should be shooting for. This means getting to your 145 goal won't be quick, but it will be the healthy way to do it. Please get this quick idea out of your head.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I once lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks, eating turkey breast and egg whites etc. It was someone's internet diet plan. The nutrition wasn't that bad, but I'm sure it was very low calorie. But I couldn't sustain it--and I had more than 15 pounds to lose. Plus I have never liked egg whites, and thanks to that diet, I don't like turkey anymore!

I broke down and stopped following that plan, and I gained back not only the 15 pounds, but another 8 to keep them company.

So that was yet another learning experience about weight loss. If you look at my top ticker, you'll see 43 pounds down from my highest weight. 33 of those pounds took me 8 months to lose--average a little over 4 pounds per month. But my weight loss plan was sustainable, and it could also be adapted to maintaining my weight.

So, please find a program that will help you lose weight safely and will also give you ways to keep it off once you lose it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

In college, I decided I ate nothing everyday but a bowl of rice crispies, an orange and dexatrim. I lost 20 lbs in about 4 weeks. I binged horribly at a fourth of July party (1 O'Boise potato chip set me off and it included almost an entire box of donuts) and ended up kneeling over a toilet bowl feeling horribly sick and nauseated and wanting to make myself throw up (couldn't manage it, thank God).

I gained all the weight back so quickly I have 3 permanent stretch marks on my belly to remind me not to be an idiot.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #8  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I have done it too. I did it while living in my college dorm. I was taking "herbal" diet pills, and while I was eating healthier, I think back to it now and I am almost positive I wasn't getting enough calories... the diet just was not sustainable. I felt sick, hungry and weak all the time- almost thought I was gonna pass out once. I lost 12 lbs in a relatively short period of time... I was down to 145... it came back so fast, I didn't know what hit me, and I found that it seemed much easier to gain weight. I had started at 157... and wound up here after hitting 166. Trust me... I have tried it, and then I learned. You just can't think of losing weight as a short sprint. It doesn't work that way... it's a cross-country marathon- hard work, lots of time and dedication. But it will be worth it. Too often people think... Oh man, a whole year to lose 40 lbs- takes too long! But how small is a year in the grand scheme of things? If you get healthier, you'll live longer... let's say you live until you're 80. That is 1/80th of your life!!! To feel better and be healthier, is that really such a long time?? Also, don't forget maintenence... you'll have to eat for your thinner, beautiful body for the rest of your life. Don't ever expect to drop the weight, and then eat like you used to. I made that mistake too, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #9  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I hit my highest weight, ever, not long after I moved in with my husband (fiance at the time). We ate complete crap all the time. We considered chips and dip to be a well balance dinner. And buying fruit and veggies was unheard of. I think I hit about 245 - 250 lbs. I was in bad shape and very unhealthy. I would get out of breath so easily. When my mom came to visit with a flier for Dr. perscribed diet pills, I knew it was time to do something about my weight. I joined a gym and did about 10 mins on the elliptical a few times a week, switched from white bread to wheat bread, and cut back on the chips and dip. 20 lbs. litterally FLEW off. I have never gained back those 20 - 25 lbs, but I also never went back to my old ways. (and I still have a lot more weight to lose). The changes I made where permanent changes, and they led to more changes down the road.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Summer after my freshman year in college i was working 2 jobs and sustaining that on no breakfast, a half sandwich of fat free cream cheese and jelly (~120 cals), dinner at my wendy's job - baked potato and small chili (500 calories) and a pop-tart before bed (200 calories).

I lost about 20 lbs that summer, and gained about 40 that fall, it took about 20 years for my metabolism to recover.

Rapid doesnt last, eats your muscles, and leaves you sick, unhealthy and fatter than you started.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I did a quick weight loss plan once. It was my own plan and I ended up in the hospital. I was my highest weight ever 248 and just left my 1st husband and was all depressed so I stoped eating COMPLETLY only drank soda and lost 40lbs in around a month/month in a 1/2. I ended up in the hospital cause I had gotten to where I was spitting up blood. Needless to say I had to build back up. I now know QUICK is almost like the magic pill - unhealthy
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #12  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
I ended up in the hospital cause I had gotten to where I was spitting up blood.
~Gasp!~ I am so glad to hear that you are going the healthy route this time!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Previously, I always got so STRICT with myself when "dieting"...I'd eat 800 calories a day and drop weight, then put it back on, then drop it again, then put it back on. Ugh. Sure, I dropped it fast. But it always came back even faster.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #14  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I once gained 10 lbs in a two month period by scarfing down bag after bag of Sunchips. Tasty, salty, stress-crunchy chips, those little devils. Worked great -- I didn't even need to exercise or anything. Just bam!, instant weight gain. But I don't suppose this is the kind of story you're looking for, huh?
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #15  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Two or three years ago I got dysentery and lost a little over 15 pounds in about a week and a half. Neither the bucket, the toilet, or I recommend it though.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote