South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/254/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Confesion of a South Beacher

Ok, I have to be honest with everyone here, my husband and I had a medium peperoni pizza last night for dinner. I will not lie, I enjoyed every bite I took. In fact, I ate so slow at to take in every bite with a smile on my face. That was bad I know... but I have justified it becuase I have worked out everyday this weekend.
You know what is so hard now, I was laying in bed watching a little TV this morning and I was seeing commercials for IHOP and boy did those pancakes look good. I need to remember that one day does not justify falling off again. To be honest we were at Olive Garden last nite waiting to be seated and it was a 1hr and 30 minute wait so my husband said "You know we could go order a pizza and be home eating befor we would be seated here." The more I thought about it the better it sounded.

Thanks for listening ladies, how may hail marys????
dlm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Instead of hail marys, I think you'll be just fine if you add in an extra 30 minutes of walking (or something) today. That will make you feel better!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #3  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Och! When you fall off you just get back on. lol, Chics is a great confessional though, ain't it! Glad you enjoyed your pizza...perhaps a few days on Ph1 to banish the carb devils dancing around your head!

DH and I fell off this weekend but have vowed to start again tomorrow. Next week is our last week of Ph1 ****, and I think this is the first time in 5 years of marriage I've seen him so happy. Which makes me happy. Which firms my resolve to a healthier me.

Good Luck chick
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I also fell off last night at dinner (make up for two birthday's and V-day which were missed during the week): part of a baked potato w/ dinner (the veg was carrots, which I ate, but did not want double of!), plus six of us shared two desserts. Better than one all to myself, but off plan. Though I did enjoy every bite .

Today I should start Phase 2 and will, because I really want to add fruit back in and some healthy whole grains - I will just monitor and add cautiously! I ate an OP for breakfast - 2 quiche cups, slice canadian bacon, latte, and I had a small bunch of grapes. Lunch out (not my choice of restaurant) will be fajitas and I will chew gum to avoid the chips and salsa !

Ally
amasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I will confess as well, although I will not tell you what I have been eating as it is not just one meal, it has been four days of not stop eating. ::
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ummm, are you ready for this? My DS is bringing me a piece of my favorite cheesecake (Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake) from The Cheesecake Factory for dessert this evening. He knows I adore it, and it's his Valentine's present to me. I've been going back and forth - should I eat it or not? - and I really want it. So I'm going to eat it and savor every bite, and in the meantime I've been banking my calories by having just lean protein and veggies for breakfast and lunch. I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty or stressed about it, and tomorrow I'll get right back on track again.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #7  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Enjoy your cheesecake. It's kinda like ok, I'm eating healthier but it's not like I'm never going to have my favorite foods again. Just moderation

You have just have to draw a line and climb back on.

little chick you can get back on. Pick a point (mine is Monday since that's the start of the week...I always find I cheat less at work cause I'm too busy.) and come back on the beach.

You can do it chick!

Last edited by elusivekoolaid; 02-17-2008 at 01:49 PM.
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

And I had a piece of carrot and pineapple cake at my dinner party Saturday night (Thanks Barefoot Contessa!). It was wonderful, I enjoyed it and that was that for a while. You enjoy it and move on.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

my whole weekend was one big fall off you might say - we were so busy with getting everything preped for the construction workesr til we ate mostly fast food & junk food
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #10  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs down A salmon swimming up stream

I have done too many on again off again meals since January 15th when I started Phase 2.

All it has done for me is made me realize that I am "behind" by 8 lbs of where I want to be.

Everyone here sounds so chipper about going off plan and then going back on. I am finding that it is taking too much of a toil on me mentally and emotionally.

5 Days of eating off plan and then spending another 5 days getting it out of my system convinced me that it is time to quit messing with my plan and get real with it.

I am too far away from my goal to be making these kinds of choices.

I want to be 140 lbs. I want to be done with dieting---once and for all.

To heck with carrot cake, pizza and all those other goodies.

I know I sound like a sour puss but I am not enjoying how I feel after indulging. I only enjoy seeing those numbers going down.

Sorry, ladies, but that is how I feel.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Pam, you can do it...you really can. I think it all starts with a mind set.
I surely didn't mean to sound callous about my "cheat" of cake. I did not "cheat" once until I reached my goal size (oh, except for ONE fried oyster last July 4th) Since I've reached my goal, I do allow myself a "no-no" every now and then, but rarely...like maybe once or twice a month...then the next day I kind of do a sorta phase 1 for the day. I don't eat it as a reward, just as something I want, but I know I can't do it often or I will fall back into those old bad habits again.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

I am SO GLAD you posted this! I have been so strict with myself since starting this diet, and yesterday for lunch I broke down. We were out of state where my husband had just run a marathon (and qualified for Boston, yay!), but afterwards everyone went to Pizzeria Uno. I ordered a salad, and ate that salad, but when the pizza arrived, I couldn't resist. I tore into a giant deep dish slice with ALL the fixings. It was heavenly. There are 3 good things though:
#1. I felt so guilty that I refrained from grabbing a second piece, even though I wanted it.
#2. I got on here today and saw this thread, so I don't feel like I am alone in the arctic or something.
#3. For dinner last night, breakfast today, and so on... I am right back in the mindset I need to be in.

PLUS: I wasn't feeling like I had lost anything this week, but I weighed this morning and I lost my projected 2 pounds. Yay!
only1naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #13  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

"I want to be done with dieting---once and for all."
Pam, I'm afraid that this is not realistic. Most people, myself included, who have had food issues and have been morbidly obese need to keep a constant "check" on themselves for the rest of their lives. I have had friends who have had gastric bypass and then gained it all back eventually because they thought they were "done with dieting". The friends who had gastric bypass who are still successful in keeping their body's at an appropriate weight are still "dieters". They watch everything that passes their lips.
I KNOW that in the past when I lost weight and would keep it off for a few years it was because I remained continually diligent about my diet and exercise. When I stopped "monitoring" myself, then the weight crept back up each time. I have been someone who has lost significant weight 6-7 times in the last 20 years. I want this to be the last time I have to lose weight, but I know I will never be done with dieting.
Karla
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

I completely agree with Karla. That's why we often hear that this isn't a diet, it's a way of life. We will, however, at some point be able to enjoy all of our favorite things, but not in the quantities or with the regularity we might have previously.
only1naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Different people have different takes on this whole issue of going off plan. I wonder how much of that is different histories and relationships with food? I'm one of those unfortunate ones who has been overweight most of the time since I was 7, yes 7. I've lost weight a number of times, over 50 lbs twice, and it always comes back. Food and I have a difficult relationship and I need to get a handle on that so that I don't backslide again. For me that means I have to change my perspective on some foods, I have to stop thinking of them as desirable treats. If they are things I love but out of reach I will eat them as soon as I can, and when I do I won't stop. I wish I was built different, but I'm not.

On the other hand I see a lot of people who have more recent weight gain and may have had years of "normal" relationships with food. I suspect they can be more flexible.

From the "for what it's worth" department
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote