Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/230/185

Default Flat Belly Diet...Tried it?

I hate buying diet books...hate it. Because then it feels like I'm supposed to be committing to a diet, and I don't WANNA diet. But I do want to eat better, and sometimes eating plans, i.e. diets help...arg.

I've been seeing a lot of things on the Flat Belly Diet, where they rely a lot on Monounsaturated Fatty Acids...essentially, they say eat them with every meal, in moderation, and keep your calories low...do I REALLY need to shell out money for the book when they basically say it right there? Anybody done it, and can let me know if its worth a trip to Borders?
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #2  

I believe you can only get the book on the Flat Belly Diet website or thru Prevention. I have ordered the book and am waiting for it to come. In the meantime I joined online. Before you start the actual diet there is a 4 day jump start program where your eating is more rigid. I am starting the diet Monday. I joined online so that I can start the 4 day jump start program right away. If you don't want to buy the book, incorporate the oils and food on the list into the plan you are on and see how it goes. The website is Flat Belly Diet with the usual befores & afters. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/arti...8436&GT1=10815

Here's an article on it. I just can't believe that it works. No exercise?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I have been adding some type of MUFA (usually olive oil, nuts or olives) to each of my meals for the past week. I have been eating around 1600 calories a day with my own food choices. I have lost 1 1/2 pounds (I am 5'3" and started at 135.5 pounds). I took my belly measurement and it hasn't changed.

However, what has happened is that I have been able to drop my carbs down to 180 gms. I haven't been able to do that before because I would get too washed out to exercise. It seemed beneficial to lower my carb intake since I have an apple-shaped body and know I have some carb sensitivity. Also, the higher fat intake (around 33-35%) seems to have helped stabilize my blood sugar and it has been easier to follow my eating plan.

I have been having an ounce of nuts a day for the past year, which may account for my belly not getting flattened in 4 days as the Prevention Mag cover promises. Your starting weight and usual food preferences probably will affect how dramatically your body changes. It seems to be a good diet plan.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #5  

I'd like to read the book, too, as the Prevention article isn't very long. They used to let you examine it for 21 days without paying but I can't find anything like that now.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I started on January 21st. As of February 7th I have lost 13 pounds. I am exercising too though. I have also lost 3" off my waist. I ordered the book and then got 3 months of the online version for free. The book came when I was into my second and I haven't read much of it as the online version is very helpful. The website is new and still has a few bugs, but over all not bad. What I like about it is it gives you meals for each day and shopping lists, so a lot of the planning is done for you. Also I can see myself eating this way for a lifetime....and isn't that what tis is all about??
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #7  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Flat Belly Diet

How many people are actually on the FBD? Is there enough to start a regular thread? Let me know if anyone is interested.

Bobbi
Old 02-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #8  

Bobbi-
I would be interested!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #9  
Motivated to Succeed!

S/C/G: 190/186/120

Height: 5' 5"

Wink I would LOVE to see a thread for FBD!!

I just started today, in fact! I would love the support and encouragement!

I'm doing the 4 day jump start and am interested to see how that goes. So far - so good!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #10  

Jeannie-

The jumpstart went well for me!! I choose a lunch meal that was satisfying to me and easy to pack and ate that all 4 days. It just made things easier. However, I did get a little bored with it by day 3. That was totally my fault. Once you get to the regular FBD plan it is awesome. I started January 21st and have lost 13 pounds. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #11  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Any hints as to what you eat besides one of the five foods that help bust belly fat with eat meal? Is it just calorie counting with those five foods included or a diet that you must follow to a T in order for it to work?

I am interested in trying this. I had some olive oil with lunch and chocolate with my breakfast.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #12  
Bobbi

I'll get some general info together for an opening and start a regular Thread today if I have time, otherwise tomorrow.

Bobbi
Old 02-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I will definitely be interested in this new thread. I tried to join on line and couldn't get it to take my info and gave up after several tries. I guess they were having trouble with their website at the time. I have so many diet books now that I really didn't want to buy another book until I knew it was worth buying. DH is tired of me purchasing them although he would be for it if it works. I ended up joining a different kind of diet site for 2 mos and 1 month free which now I wish I hadn't joined. Anyway, since I take Prevention Magazine I just added the MUFI foods to my meals but I have just added that to my way of eating. Of course, I didn't have the jumpstart and don't really now how much to eat of the MUFI foods or when.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #14  
Bobbi

I posted a question about anyone interested in FBD under Support Groups; Miscellaneous Clubs/new groups. Check it out there.

Bobbi
Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #15  
it's always something

I haven't seen any specifics. Is this diet vegetarian friendly?
Closed Thread