Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #1  

Exclamation Fast Weight Loss

Hi,

I know you it's not healthy to lose weight quickly, but I am getting married soon, and need to loose as much weight as possible in 2 months. Any suggestions? Thanks Bethany
BethanyOliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #2  
ChubNoMo

Hi

You might want to check out Medifast. It's quick and healthy. I did it a couple of years ago and then as the story goes, went off and of course gained (did the same with WW too). I just placed an order yesterday and I'm going for it again

Karin
VeggieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

How much do you currently weigh? I personally recommend calorie counting. You can safely lose about 2 pounds per week if you really stick to it, and exercise.

You could be 15-20 pounds thinner by your wedding day, depending on your current weight.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #4  

Thanks for the advice, I normally wouldn't be in such a hurry. I really had no idea where to begin, this helps.
I weigh 190 and I am 5'5. This is the most I have ever weighed & I would love to be closer to what I was 3 years ago for my wedding.
BethanyOliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would try calorie counting, and aim for about 1400 calories a day. Try to get in about 30 minutes of exercise a day, if you are currently sedentary. If you already exercise, feel free to do more.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #6  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyOliver View Post
I weigh 190 and I am 5'5. This is the most I have ever weighed & I would love to be closer to what I was 3 years ago for my wedding.
I also did Medifast & other meal replacements & had great results in a shorter time than conventional dieting. It was the initial quick weight loss that gave me the motivation to stick with my diet. I lost 30#s in my first month (I was almost 100#s heavier to start than you tho').

Heavier people lose faster than thinner people. Better stated, they can lose bigger chunks of weight quicker. Medifast & other meal replacement diets were designed for those with more than 50+s to lose. They caught on in popularity & now people of all weights are using it.

It really depends upon how well you could follow this diet. It is very strict & if you cheat you will not reap the greatest possible results. Don't mean to scare you with that but you really need to follow it pretty close to the letter for best results.

You could check out Medifast or New Lifestyle Diet & see what you think. And congrats on your upcoming wedding.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #7  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Cutting out caffiene and sodium will make a great impact in addition to any calorie counting.
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/200.2/115

Height: 5'6"

A co-worker of mine is doing medifast and she looks "great". She said it is so easy and the shakes are great. I am really thinking of trying this!
carlskl is offline   Reply With Quote